Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Philosophy Questions For Or Resident Readers

Lil Bunny has decided to change majors from crimolgy to pre law. Ughhhhh.

So one of her friends tells her to take Philosophy class. Very interesting choice for her first semester. She knows some elementary writers and theories. Me: Ever heard of Neitch? God is dead?

So a friend tells me I'm crazy for even suggesting him. Thoughts on who'd you recommend early on.

Immanual Kant, Aristotle, Plato.

I used to enjoy reading about free will, reason, and the nature of things.

I don't know about this Neitch fella, but Nietzsche is well known. Kind of depressing though.

Hey you drunken fuuck. That's not how it works. Pretty sure the professor is going to give them a list of whom to read and study.

Tell her to take the critical reasoning course instead. Especially if she's doing bullshiit like pre-law. Hey you know what's pre-law? Everything.

That's just a bullshitters way of fancying up General Studies.

Critical reasoning will get her actually ready for law school.

Hey you drunken fuuck. That's not how it works. Pretty sure the professor is going to give them a list of whom to read and study.

Tell her to take the critical reasoning course instead. Especially if she's doing bullshiit like pre-law. Hey you know what's pre-law? Everything.

Pre law is generally something of a conglomerate. When I did it, it was heavy on policital science, with some philosophy, logic, speech, writing, and stuff like that thrown in.

Pre law is generally something of a conglomerate. When I did it, it was heavy on policital science, with some philosophy, logic, speech, writing, and stuff like that thrown in.

Fuucking English Majors who passed their LSATS get into law school. Literally, pre-law is anything you want it to be.

Totally different from pre-med.

Fuucking English Majors who passed their LSATS get into law school. Literally, pre-law is anything you want it to be.

Totally different from pre-med.

Of course. There is no required course of study to get into law school.

Pre law is usually offered as a track for those who know they want to go to law school. It does help some I think. I had already briefed many of the cases we were assigned our first year in law school.

I don't know about this Neitch fella, but Nietzsche is well known. Kind of depressing though.

Spell check is not my friend. You knew who I was writing about.

And I agree About his depressive writings. As are most when they get to that level of understanding about human psyche.

That's the direction I'm hoping for my friend. Critical reasoning is the next step. How to get there before she does is my question. Eliminating unnecessary emotion and forward objectives seem to be a hurdle she hasn't looked too, yet.

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Morons

John Locke, John Stewart Mill, Thomas Hobbes, Descartes, Hegel, Kafka, , Kant, Marx, Thomas Aquinas, Thomas More, Adam Smith, Hannah Arendt, Plato, Aristotle, Diogenes, Epicurus, Machiavelli...

Im sure theres more Ive forgotten, but that was roughly the list of folks we read in my philosophy classes.

• Like 1

Me: Ever heard of Neitch? God is dead?

You're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth"? You got that from Vickers' "Work in Essex County," page 98, right? Yeah, I read that too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? Or do you, is that your thing, you come into a bar, read some obscure passage and then pretend - you pawn it off as your own, as your own idea just to impress some girls, embarrass my friend?

See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fuckin' education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library!

I won't be unoriginal. But I mean, if you have a problem with that, I mean, we could just step outside - we could figure it out.

See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fuckin' education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library!

This sounds like a movie quote, but it is true. Have to go accounting, economics, engineering, phyics, math, etc.

There are too many lawyers and it will not lead to as many job opportunities and it will cost more money.

This sounds like a movie quote, but it is true. Have to go accounting, economics, engineering, phyics, math, etc.

There are too many lawyers and it will not lead to as many job opportunities and it will cost more money.

Good Will Hunting. I was thinking, Damn, Cdub is like super duper smart... then I googled it.

Yeah. Id try to talk her out of law. Its a stressful, overcrowded profession and the money isnt there like it used to be. I know very few who would do it all over again.

Yeah. Id try to talk her out of law. Its a stressful, overcrowded profession and the money isnt there like it used to be. I know very few who would do it all over again.

An Engineer dies and goes to hell. He's hot and miserable, so he decides to take action. The A/C has been busted for a long time, so he fixes it. Things cool down quickly.
The moving walkway motor jammed, so he unjams it. People can get from place to place more easily.
The TV was grainy and unclear, so he fixes the connection to the Satellite dish and now they get hundreds of high def channels.
One day, God decides to look down on Hell to see how his grand design is working out and notices that everyone is happy and enjoying umbrella drinks. He asks the Devil what's going on?
The Devil replies, "Things are great down here since you sent us that engineer."
"What?? An engineer? I didn't send you one of those, that must have been a mistake. Send him back up right this minute."
The Devil responds, "No way! We are going to keep our engineer. We like this guy."
God demands, "If you don't send him to me immediately, I'll sue!"
The Devil laughs. "Where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"
  • Like 1