Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

NFL Hall Of Fame Game Ratings Down Hard From 2017

the Ravens 17-16 win over the Chicago Bears in Canton, Ohio took a two-time double digit hit last night from last year. Thats a 13% decline in the early metrics and a harder 18% fall in the first round of 18-49 results from last year

https://deadline.com/2018/08/lamar-jackson-ravens-win-nfl-hall-of-fame-game-ratings-the-four-finale-big-brother-nbc-1202439623/

NFL Hall Of Fame Game Ratings Down Hard From 2017

i bet TO tops that.

Didn't notice any NFL players protesting on their own time this off season. Did anyone else?

The NFL would do themselves a favor if they put together a bunch of 3-5 minute videos of what the players who knelt have done off the field to help the cause they are trying to bring awareness to by kneeling. Show a clip during the pregame show of each game.

Right now the optics are that the players are protesting the anthem/flag because that is the moment they choose to bring attention to themselves. Making it all about them.

If you showed a clip of the money donated/raised and time invested by Marshawn Lynch into his community or into programs that help black youth better themselves, or bring cops and the community together to get to know each other, or to train cops on more effective use of force protocol that would go a long way towards proving this is not just players kneeling because they hate Trump or hate Goodell.

Maybe they are already doing this, I haven't watched any games yet so not sure.

Unfortunately, like most things, it is much easier to just /protest about something than actually invest in making a change for the better.

The NFL would do themselves a favor if they put together a bunch of 3-5 minute videos of what the players who knelt have done off the field to help the cause they are trying to bring awareness to by kneeling. Show a clip during the pregame show of each game.

Right now the optics are that the players are protesting the anthem/flag because that is the moment they choose to bring attention to themselves. Making it all about them.

If you showed a clip of the money donated/raised and time invested by Marshawn Lynch into his community or into programs that help black youth better themselves, or bring cops and the community together to get to know each other, or to train cops on more effective use of force protocol that would go a long way towards proving this is not just players kneeling because they hate Trump or hate Goodell.

Unfortunately, like most things, it is much easier to just ######/protest about something than actually invest in making a change for the better.

yah right, most of them aren't doing squat, thats why none of them were in the news all off season doing good things, now that the season rolls around its back to them being on tv

poor black millionaires, I feel bad for you, really. Your ancestors fought for your freedom, and here you are slaves again

Unfortunately, like most things, it is much easier to just ######/protest about something than actually invest in making a change for the better.

Thats the last thing they should do.

Most people dont really give a crap about the quote issue unquote. The thing that is hurting their ratings is bringing politics into their entertainment product. Doing spots with more of that would just make channels change faster.

• Like 1

Thats the last thing they should do.

Most people dont really give a crap about the quote issue unquote. The thing that is hurting their ratings is bringing politics into their entertainment product. Doing spots with more of that would just make channels change faster.

Correct, I agree 100% with Dak Prescott.

“I don’t think that’s the time or the venue to do so,” Prescott said, via the Star-Telegram. “The game of football has always brought me such a peace and I think it does the same for a lot of other people, people playing the game, people watching the game and any people that have an impact on the game. So when you bring such a controversy to the stadium, to the field, to the game, it takes away. It takes away from the joy and the love that football brings a lot of people.”

Holy fock. Another year of this yammering?? Just don't watch and shut up about it already.

Holy fock. Another year of this yammering?? Just don't watch and shut up about it already.

Seriously. There's no need for this type of discussion on a football message board, especially in a thread about the topic. . Take it somewhere else.

• Like 1

Why dont you stop opening this thread? This is what football is about today!

Can you see the irony of this statement mike?

I know I know. I get it. Should just not commented--couldnt help it
  • Like 1

Here we go again, another year of this sh*t. :thumbsdown:

The NFL should put an American flag decal on the helmets. It's been done before. Let them protest that.

I wonder how some of the conservative members of that union feel about that? You know, the offensive lineman

Do they kneel when the bailiff says "all rise" at their trials?

It's the shlt stain media that is going to shove this down our throats all fvcking year

Here's what I don't get...If it's true the protests are driving down ratings(this isn't true but whatever, play along) then why would the networks show the kneeling players? Just don't show them..Problem solved!

Or is it possible it's INCREASING ratings cause people are tuning into see who kneels? If it really hurt the networks, they wouldn't show it. They aren't obligated to.

The NFL’s opening Thursday night game got disappointing TV ratings for a league that is battling perceptions of rapidly declining popularity.

NBC announced a 13.4 overnight rating for the Super Bowl champion Eagles’ last-second win over the Falcons. That was way down from the 14.6 for Chiefs-Patriots last year, which itself was way down from a 16.5 for Panthers-Broncos the year before, which itself was way down from a 17.7 for Steelers-Patriots the year before that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/ratings-way-down-for-nfl-opener/ar-BBMZWt8

The pendulum needs to complete its swing. I think some of the rule changes may help a little bit. This Nike thing with that dirtbag is not helping to be sure.

It's not popular with many I know (and even my parents) - but I applaud Jerry for his stance on this.

I've said over and over - I respect the cause, disagree with the forum.

What's the cause?

The pendulum needs to complete its swing. I think some of the rule changes may help a little bit. This Nike thing with that dirtbag is not helping to be sure.

The rule changes are a big part of the problem. The NFL has moved from a competitive league to an entertainment league and the product sucks. Professional athletes voted to limit their practice time in the last CBA and it shows Big Time! They will only have 11 practices in pads for the remainder of the season.

The NFL’s opening Thursday night game got disappointing TV ratings for a league that is battling perceptions of rapidly declining popularity.

NBC announced a 13.4 overnight rating for the Super Bowl champion Eagles’ last-second win over the Falcons. That was way down from the 14.6 for Chiefs-Patriots last year, which itself was way down from a 16.5 for Panthers-Broncos the year before, which itself was way down from a 17.7 for Steelers-Patriots the year before that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/ratings-way-down-for-nfl-opener/ar-BBMZWt8

That sh!t was hard to watch, bailed at halftime.

That sh!t was hard to watch, bailed at halftime.

You missed all the good stuff.

There's an app I can get on my phone for free to watch games in China. In previous years I would have rejoiced. Instead, I didn't download it. If they want to expand into China, they can do it without me. Fock kneelers.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/22/16182754/nfl-tencent-china-streaming-deal

The NFL doesn't help its cause with their idiotic TV rules.

I was hoping to catch the packers Vikings game. But not on in my market. Some rule about games you can show. Its absurd. Had to watch kc pitt which was ok, but the NFL kills themselves with their rules

The NFL doesn't help its cause with their idiotic TV rules.

I was hoping to catch the packers Vikings game. But not on in my market. Some rule about games you can show. Its absurd. Had to watch kc pitt which was ok, but the NFL kills themselves with their rules

google Reddit NFL Streams.

I dropped Sunday Ticket this year because I was basically paying just to watch Packer games. You can find 50 streams on reddit, all HD quality....basically for any sport.

there's certain threads that just need to get locked up and fuucking Wither on the vine. Just gets old. Every fuucking week...

there's certain threads that just need to get locked up and fuucking Wither on the vine. Just gets old. Every fuucking week...

Kind of like your Trump threads...

• Like 1

Like the Sweden one?

so i get to the bar to watch last nights game with 2 minutes left in the first half.

there prolly isnt a worse time to start watching because of all the timeouts and bs.

so i suffer thru it and the half time hoping to finally see some football.

well, some dipshiit gets hurt at the start of the 3rd and it takes like 10 minutes to his fat azz loaded on a streacher.

fock football, fock commercials, fock you all! :mad:

Kind of like your Trump threads...

No, because Trump gives us new material every fuucking 6 hours.

Speaking of which, he's probably resting up for the big award show tonight.

There's an app I can get on my phone for free to watch games in China. In previous years I would have rejoiced. Instead, I didn't download it. If they want to expand into China, they can do it without me. Fock kneelers.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/22/16182754/nfl-tencent-china-streaming-deal

Oh my god dude The Verge. I hadnt heard of them until last week when they they released what is literally the worst PC build ever. Even if you dont understand PCs youll get it.

Damn the took the original link out but heres a reaction video which is probably even better.