Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Cowboys should have drafted Jalen Ramsey then Derrick Henry instead of Zeke

Henry is a beast who will shine once Murray is out of his way. Titans are an ascending team and good for them as they haven't been legit since they were the Oilers.

Zeke is top 3 rb right out of college and his 1st year was one for the books. Off field issues have some foaming at the mouth, and Cowboys hate is still strong.

Reimagining previous drafts might generate some clicks but it's a fools errand.

A CB on a TE?

Not likely but I get you are a Titans fan so what do you know about playoff football? :dunno:

It's also a lie that you don't have a dog in this fight considering the entire point of this thread is you whining about Zeke being better than Henry.

Henry is a beast who will shine once Murray is out of his way. Titans are an ascending team and good for them as they haven't been legit since they were the Oilers.

Zeke is top 3 rb right out of college and his 1st year was one for the books. Off field issues have some foaming at the mouth, and Cowboys hate is still strong.

Reimagining previous drafts might generate some clicks but it's a fools errand.

What? The Titans went to the Superbowl. Don't let your love for the Cowboys blind you with lies.

What? The Titans went to the Superbowl. Don't let your love for the Cowboys blind you with lies.

Went to the Super Bowl? :rolleyes:

interesting article, but how many other articles could have been written saying the same thing about other teams? it's easy to see "what we should have done" after it's already done. Hell, I would have invested in facebook, amazon, apple, and google years ago.

It's still pretty far-fetched. Henry is a good runner, for sure, but I think he has a better offensive line that Zeke has this year and last year his line was great as well. Zeke still averaged more YPC, though Henry was no slouch. I think it's a little early to say Henry is better than Zeke based on one game in week 2. Other assumptions I could make based off 2 weeks of FF and football. Bell is below average, AJ Green and OBJ are bye week fillers, Hunt will have 2800 yards from scrimmage and shatter Faulk's record, and the Giants will finish 0-16.

• Like 1

we could play this game forever.

Perhaps.. still doesn't change the fact Dallas should have already had our starting RB on this team from the 2015 draft.... Whatever pick we had in 2016, whether it be 4th, 10th. 20th - should have still been fired at the defense.

Perhaps.. still doesn't change the fact Dallas should have already had our starting RB on this team from the 2015 draft.... Whatever pick we had in 2016, whether it be 4th, 10th. 20th - should have still been fired at the defense.

your personal opinion is not a fact.

The 1999 Titans would have something to say about that.

You're right tn, my mistake. I thought they were still the Oilers then, but forgot it was their first year as the Titans.

• Like 1

Zekes problems started in college. Jerry Jones has years of being a nursemaid and media BS ahead of him. Somewhat reminds me of Ricky Williams.

I'd like to clarify why I agree with this article. I know it is a game of what if and who knows if Henry would have been there had Dallas drafted Ramsey. Let's just say for the sake of argument had he been there in the 2nd round, would the Cowboys have better value with their picks?

It is no secret that Zeke had drug problems in college and some questionable character issues going into the draft On the other hand, Derrick Henry had zero concerns about his character. He was a Heisman trophy winner and had more yards and touchdowns than Elliot. Zeke was very selfish when he called out Urban Meyer for not giving him more carries in the lost against Michigan State while Henry barely gave interviews at Alabama. It should come at no surprise that he selfishly gave up in last week's game and Jerry Jones defended him because that's what he does with all of his players.

The bottom line is Henry would have produced the same numbers and possibly more had Dallas drafted him last year. Of course, we don't know that for sure but it's safe to assume that based on his talent. The Cowboy's Achilles Heel is their secondary and Jalen Ramsey would have been a better fit than Jaylon Smith who was recovering from a serious injury. I know hindsight is 20/20 but you have to agree with me on this. Jerry Jones opted for star talent over pure talent and that's why he chose Zeke. Derrick Henry wouldn't have sold the same number of jerseys as Zeke even if he has rushed for more yards. Zeke fits the Cowboys profile which is risky but talented.