Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Team Hurtin' Trey Burton

He was a guy I targeted in drafts this year. Was great in relief of Ertz last year, and coming into a team coached by Matt "The Tight End Whisperer" Nagy.

Well.....not so much. Has survived on a few TD's (which can be highly variable), and has now been held to <40 yards in 4 of the last 5 games.....including only 9 yards this week. Not to mention, Adam Shaheen is now back after a 10 week absence to potentially steal targets.

Of course any decent TE is at a premium this year, but it could be that Njoku mighta been dropped during his bye week (or underperformance), or maybe even Reed or McDonald. Brate could also be an option with Howard possibly out for a while.

Anyone cutting bait for the stretch run? If so, who you trying to get?

The tight end position is a complete crapahoot this year. Ebron had 0 points after 3 tds the prior week. I am probably rolling with Mcdonald and Engram and just praying for a td each week

He was a guy I targeted in drafts this year. Was great in relief of Ertz last year, and coming into a team coached by Matt "The Tight End Whisperer" Nagy.

Well.....not so much. Has survived on a few TD's (which can be highly variable), and has now been held to <40 yards in 4 of the last 5 games.....including only 9 yards this week. Not to mention, Adam Shaheen is now back after a 10 week absence to potentially steal targets.

Of course any decent TE is at a premium this year, but it could be that Njoku mighta been dropped during his bye week (or underperformance), or maybe even Reed or McDonald. Brate could also be an option with Howard possibly out for a while.

Anyone cutting bait for the stretch run? If so, who you trying to get?

I targeted him as well. Was bidding against one other guy in my league who wanted him and I probably paid a bit too much thinking it was breakout time for this guy. I have Doyle as a backup, but that hasn't been great either.

The TE position is such trash this year. You're really just hoping for a TD. Trying to stream and guess who gets one doesn't seem like a great alternative to starting a guy like Burton every week.

This is probably an anomoly. Expect a huge jump next year due to the law of averages.

One would think.....although it wouldn't surprise me to see Kelce go in the late 1st next year, esp if he finishes strong.