Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '17-'18

conference play begins tonight for the best conference in the league :banana:

my son wanted KU tickets for xmas, so we got him KU/OU on Big Monday in February at AFH. Should be a hell of a game, and I'm the lucky SOB that gets to be his tag along :banana:

my son wanted KU tickets for xmas, so we got him KU/OU on Big Monday in February at AFH. Should be a hell of a game, and I'm the lucky SOB that gets to be his tag along :banana:

THIS is how you buy gifts for others.

conference play begins tonight for the best conference in the league :banana:

Is that the one where Kansas lost to ASU... in Kansas? :banana:

Is that the one where Kansas lost to ASU... in Kansas? :banana:

both ASU and Washington both looked pretty good to me. I'm not one to try and make excuses when your team gets beat, good teams have bad games, mediocre teams will have some really great games and teams which shouldn't lose to other teams will at times do just that. Kansas is really struggling with depth and is especially short in the frontcourt. They have three transfers on the bench who aren't eligible till next year (Dedric Lawson, Charlie Moore & K.J. Lawson). Silvio de Sousa is a 6'9", 245 lb Freshman and has been cleared to practice and joined the team December 26 as he had to complete coursework to graduate HS early. And Billy Preston, a 6'10", 240 lb Freshman still hasn't been cleared after wrecking a car and having questions surrounding the financing of the vehicle. Who knows what will happen with that situation. As it turns out, KU added a third string tight end from the football team just to practice with the guys.

If everything falls into place now as it should, KU is the team to beat in the conference and is setup for a strong tournament run once again.

:thumsbup:

both ASU and Washington both looked pretty good to me. I'm not one to try and make excuses when your team gets beat, good teams have bad games, mediocre teams will have some really great games and teams which shouldn't lose to other teams will at times do just that. Kansas is really struggling with depth and is especially short in the frontcourt. They have three transfers on the bench who aren't eligible till next year (Dedric Lawson, Charlie Moore & K.J. Lawson). Silvio de Sousa is a 6'9", 245 lb Freshman and has been cleared to practice and joined the team December 26 as he had to complete coursework to graduate HS early. And Billy Preston, a 6'10", 240 lb Freshman still hasn't been cleared after wrecking a car and having questions surrounding the financing of the vehicle. Who knows what will happen with that situation. As it turns out, KU added a third string tight end from the football team just to practice with the guys.

If everything falls into place now as it should, KU is the team to beat in the conference and is setup for a strong tournament run once again.

:thumsbup:

Its said about every year.....but i think this is finally the year KU gets caught (Wont be ISU unfortunately). Conference top to bottom is just way too good this year. Not the strongest KU team in recent years.

Its said about every year.....but i think this is finally the year KU gets caught (Wont be ISU unfortunately). Conference top to bottom is just way too good this year. Not the strongest KU team in recent years.

problem may be that since there is such stiff competition, most teams are likely going to drop a few games and not just going to have to top Kansas to take the title. I say 15-3 for Kansas, which ends up being good enough. Will lose one at AFH they shouldn't, and then drop a couple on the road like Texas & Oklahoma. Still good enough to get the job done though, then home atmospheres for tourney games in Wichita and Omaha thank you very much@!!@!

problem may be that since there is such stiff competition, most teams are likely going to drop a few games and not just going to have to top Kansas to take the title. I say 15-3 for Kansas, which ends up being good enough. Will lose one at AFH they shouldn't, and then drop a couple on the road like Texas & Oklahoma. Still good enough to get the job done though, then home atmospheres for tourney games in Wichita and Omaha thank you very much@!!@!

I will wager any amount that makes you uncomfortable you lose more than 3 conference games this year.

My Hoosiers are looking like a .500 team at best, I'll be tuned in but, I won't be happy about it.

Archie seems to have a clue, we can build on that.

Big 10 is down this year, not afraid to admit that. I'll get more tuned in during January, haven't paid enough attention to other conferences yet to know who is looking good.

Villanova and Michigan St. look legit though.

My Hoosiers are looking like a .500 team at best, I'll be tuned in but, I won't be happy about it.

Archie seems to have a clue, we can build on that.

Big 10 is down this year, not afraid to admit that. I'll get more tuned in during January, haven't paid enough attention to other conferences yet to know who is looking good.

Villanova and Michigan St. look legit though.

Big ten always does this though. Look terribly weak all year.....then you look up in the sweet 16....theres Wisconsin, theres MSU, theres Purdue.

And teams are going to want no part of Purdue in march. Thats a final four team.

My fireworks supplier who has season tiks on Tiger Row(literally on the court) is taking me to the Feb 3rd Kentucky/MIZZOU game.Hoping Porter JR was being serious when he hinted he may be back after all.

Big ten always does this though. Look terribly weak all year.....then you look up in the sweet 16....theres Wisconsin, theres MSU, theres Purdue.

And teams are going to want no part of Purdue in march. Thats a final four team.

True on the above, not so sure about Purdue though.

Purdue fans spend enough time telling us how good they are, would be nice to see them actually do something in the tourney though. Something like 2 Elite 8's since 1980?

True on the above, not so sure about Purdue though.

Purdue fans spend enough time telling us how good they are, would be nice to see them actually do something in the tourney though. Something like 2 Elite 8's since 1980?

They return essentially everyone from last years sweet 16....maybe only going home in the 16 because they faced a KU team basically at home....but they did get routed. Who knows....IMO they will be a tough out.

Liking the looks of Michigan State this year. Should be a lucrative Hat Tourney team, assuming Chronic Welcher isn't involved.

I will wager any amount that makes you uncomfortable you lose more than 3 conference games this year.

I don't need to lose any more damn money this year. :mellow:

I don't need to lose any more damn money this year. :mellow:

Why because you've lost $10 so far :wave:

Why because you've lost $10 so far :wave:

no I'm not Thad.

Solid test to start the year for ku. Playing Bamba scared me, especially with our weakness being depth in the front court. They schemed well and executed and walked away with the win. I agree that this may be the toughest test yet for ku, but the advantage we have going for us with the amount of talent throughout the league continues to be Bill Self and how he prepares his team's to win.

Solid test to start the year for ku. Playing Bamba scared me, especially with our weakness being depth in the front court. They schemed well and executed and walked away with the win. I agree that this may be the toughest test yet for ku, but the advantage we have going for us with the amount of talent throughout the league continues to be Bill Self and how he prepares his team's to win.

Yeah nice win to start. Texas will only improve. We got decimated by KSU at home...it was brutal.

Yeah I was flipping back and forth. OSU looked pretty good against wvu.

Yeah I was flipping back and forth. OSU looked pretty good against wvu.

WVU isn't that good this year IMO...

another good game yesterday between k-state and wvu. Weird to think that the game tonight between Texas Tech and KU is actually one that should be worth watching :eek:

WVU isn't that good this year IMO...

Beat a pretty good KSU team AT KSU. They are just really tough to prep for.

Ku wasn't ready for that one. Terrible shooting, sloppy d, crappy ft shooting, and lots turnovers not gonna result in many wins. Got our lone AFH conference loss out of the way I guess :mellow:

Ku wasn't ready for that one. Terrible shooting, sloppy d, crappy ft shooting, and lots turnovers not gonna result in many wins. Got our lone AFH conference loss out of the way I guess :mellow:

Ha i dont think so kemosabe.

Crazy that Hilton, Allen Fieldhouse, and Bramlage have yet to see a home win.

3 usually impossible places to win.

MIZZOU wins first conference road game since Jan 28th,2014 at least that crap is in the rear view mirror.

Boilers still looking strong :cheers:

Big ten might be just a two-team race this year. I saw (very early) Joe Lunardi projections and he had just 4 Big Ten teams in at the moment. MSU, Purdue, Maryland, and Michigan.

Big ten might be just a two-team race this year. I saw (very early) Joe Lunardi projections and he had just 4 Big Ten teams in at the moment. MSU, Purdue, Maryland, and Michigan.

Very early projections. Now, I think Ohio St., Minnesota, and maybe Nebraska get in. Which would make the typical 6-8 or so teams in. I think 6 teams get in:

Mich st.

Purdue

Maryland

Ohio St.

Minnesota

Michigan

Bubble teams at end of year:

Nebraska

Wisconsin (gut feeling they turn it on once healthy).

Very early projections. Now, I think Ohio St., Minnesota, and maybe Nebraska get in. Which would make the typical 6-8 or so teams in. I think 6 teams get in:

Mich st.

Purdue

Maryland

Ohio St.

Minnesota

Michigan

Bubble teams at end of year:

Nebraska

Wisconsin (gut feeling they turn it on once healthy).

I don't think you are very far off here. Even though I think its a two team race (purdue and msu) I don't think either one goes undefeated or anything crazy like that. Those losses (to whoever they might be to) would be the "big" wins on that teams resume and help them get in. If that makes sense.

I don't think you are very far off here. Even though I think its a two team race (purdue and msu) I don't think either one goes undefeated or anything crazy like that. Those losses (to whoever they might be to) would be the "big" wins on that teams resume and help them get in. If that makes sense.

Makes sense. Mich st. got lucky this year :mad:. They play Purdue once, and it's at Sparty. Bunch of bull :lol:

Thought last nights pantsing of Maryland was impressive for MSU. Like Izzo said, where Sparty is good is wearing teams down.

Bs end of regulation for isu and okie state

Bs end of regulation for isu and okie state

We play too stupid to win. Didn't deserve it. Team sucks.

FU :mad:

it would have double sucked to be an mu/ chiefs fan yesterday. At least the Jayhawks took care of business on the road for some Salvation of yesterday on my end :(