Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Look-Alike Players 2015: DeMarco Murray vs. LeSean McCoy**

Redraft: Murray or McCoy?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you draft first in a 2015 redraft: Murray or McCoy?

• DeMarco Murray
    • LeSean McCoy

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board, every few days during the summer, I will try to post a thread that lists two players who are very close in value in redraft situations. Simply vote for the player you feel should be drafted first and then add comments about your selection if you would like.

This is non-PPR for Look-Alike matchups that involve RBs, WRs, or TEs. Just standard point for every 10 yards and 6 for TDs.

The first Look-Alike Matchup for this summer is: DeMarco Murray vs. LeSean McCoy

Big names in new places...

McCoy. Murray has a lot of strikes against him. Injury prone. Big work load last year. New team. New system. And he no longer has a beastly O-line.

I just don't trust Chip Kelly to lean too heavily on Murray with Sproles and Ryan Matthews hanging around, not to mention the Murray-strikes already noted. Meanwhile, the Bills are going to run McCoy into the ground.

I've been debating these two last month or so. I'm at the elbow in a keeper league and am stacked at WR. So I have back to back picks and thought about shady and Murray back to back. Both scare the hell outta me though. McCoy does not run well between the tackles, has a subpar qb situation and in a tough division for Defenses. Plus Greg roman is the OC and he is god awful. Murray does have the injury prone label but Philly oline is top 5 easy when healthy. He is definitely goal line back and will get hella carries. If I would choose one it would be Murray. I mean between the two after them who else is even close after that tier? Next step is ALF Morris or cj Anderson

McCoy. Murray has a lot of strikes against him. Injury prone. Big work load last year. New team. New system. And he no longer has a beastly O-line.

Solid take, but New Team/New System certainly applies to McCoy as well...

Like McCoy he is going to get a lot of work with his new team . The Eagles have a over load at Rb you Sproles coming in on passing downs and Matthew is going to get into the action also .

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board

Psssssst.....it's "bored"

Regardless, I believe it is a coin flip. With less real competition at RB, I might give the slight edge to Shady. Personally, I would rather have CJ Anderson than either of these two.

Psssssst.....it's "bored"

Regardless, I believe it is a coin flip. With less real competition at RB, I might give the slight edge to Shady. Personally, I would rather have CJ Anderson than either of these two.

Sorry. Should've been more informal. :lol:

Solid take, but New Team/New System certainly applies to McCoy as well...

True, but those are the big two for McCoy, versus 2 of many for Murray.

Murray - more carries and question marks.

McCoy - true workhorse RB1.

Rex/Roman run the ball and prefer one main guy. Can't trust Chip - he'll get cute and be pulling DeMarco for Sproles on 2nd & goal.

PHI - RB DeMarco Murray in a timeshare?

Source: Delaware County Times - Bob Grotz

Philadelphia Eagles RB DeMarco Murray is expected to have the rushing workload divided between he and RB Ryan Mathews, offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur said Wednesday, June 3. The OC would not reveal what the percentage of carries would be for either back.

true, but PHI's line is no slouch.

I must be the only one that noticed a fading rb in McCoy last year. He had a better offense and better OL than he will be playing with last year. I will take the more talented back, with a better offense, better offensive line and more prolific offense. I also like the fact that with DeMarco I can get his backup in Matthews later at RB38 and feel ok if Murray misses time.

I did not see a fading Rb . He ran the ball for 1319 yards and avg 4.2 per carry . His targets in the passing game feel from 64-39 and was removed from the goal line , I think that had more to do more with the coach than Mccoys talent . And one thing about Murray I don't like is the number of touches he had last season he touched the ball 450 times , and the two previous season he only touched the ball 516 times so hard to say how he will rebound this off season after taking so much pounding . I think a fired up McCoy with the bills is the better play and then taking Matthew later so when Murray does miss time is the better play .