Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Super Bowl XLVI: New England Patriots v. New York Giants

both those NFC teams are better than BAL. NE needs to be better than today... Lee Evans and Cundiff won't be walking thru that door.

both those NFC teams are better than BAL. NE needs to be better than today... Lee Evans and Cundiff won't be walking thru that door.

Right...but Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parish might be...and they'll be old and gray.

Today's game almost makes up for the helmet catch

I've been posting for a while now that this season feels like a "makeup" year.

And I hear you but that helmet catch will never go away for me - that was immortality on the line.

I've been posting for a while now that this season feels like a "makeup" year.

And I hear you but that helmet catch will never go away for me - that was immortality on the line.

That's why I said "almost"

BB06....we need to wager on this. :music_guitarred:

Bring it baby! Name the terms.

REVENGE FOR SUPERBOWL XLII! :pointstosky:

Either that or Eli Manning and the Giants forever put the dagger in Brady and the Pats. :(

It's gonna be a heckuva game no matter how you look at it.

It has to include alcohol.

That's true of everything in my life!

I was in Glendale for Episode 1. I have like a 15 foot banner from the Miller Lite Super Party that year. Might be a good time to put that on ebay.

Just like last time, the entire world, sans Boston residents will be pulling for The Giants.

Just like last time, the entire world, sans Boston residents will be pulling for The Giants.

The entire world :lol: ? Why?

Because the Patriots last won back when "The Weakest Link" was a hit show?

If by "the entire world" you mean "Jake Delhomme fans," I stand corrected.... but overall I think Patriot fans love to pretend that people hate them when they don't...

I'm actually rooting for the Pats... The Giants just won a few years ago... The Pats are long overdue :cheers:

I swear if I hear one more person say "the Giants are 'peaking' right now" I'm gonna punch that focker.

Patriots have won 10 focking straight games and gave up fewer points per game than the Giants.

You have to score more than 17 points to beat the Patriots. HTH

Peaking, my ass.

I want to say congrats to the Giants and Pats for winning their games this past weekend. It should be a great SB game and honestly, two markets that should bring in a lot of money to Indiana.

I don't think I could stomach Brady holding up the SB trophy in Indy, so I won't lie and will be cheering for Eli because big brother would want us to! But good luck to both teams.

The Giants didn't have to the last time! :) Sorry, couldn't resist!

Won't disagree that NE has to play better, but San Fran isn't in Baltimore's class yet.

Won't disagree that NE has to play better, but San Fran isn't in Baltimore's class yet.

I think that SF and Baltimore are very comparable. The thing is that the Pats barely beat the Ravens at home while the Giants barely beat the 49ers on the road in miserable conditions.

Who was it who once said...."We're only going to score 17 points?! Ha Ha. O.K.!!" ?

I swear if I hear one more person say "the Giants are 'peaking' right now" I'm gonna punch that focker.

The Giants are peaking right now. :doublethumbsup:

You have to score more than 17 points to beat the Patriots.

Is this statement an attempt to compare the Patriots defense to the 49ers defense? I hope not because there is no comparison - the 49ers defense is incredible. The G-men will have no problem putting up points against the Patriots. The question will be how much the Giant's D can limit Brady.

There is no revenge for Superbowl 42. You cannot avenge blowing a chance to the be the 1st 19 and 0 team in NFL history.

A win will be nice, but it is nowhere near revenge.

Any truth to the rumor the Giants have signed David Tyree off the street?

There is no revenge for Superbowl 42. You cannot avenge blowing a chance to the be the 1st 19 and 0 team in NFL history.

A win will be nice, but it is nowhere near revenge.

it will help take the sting away - but nothing can ever remove the crushing defeat on the "almost" perfect season - immortality was on the line.

However, this SB would be really nice - to see them win it with a team that's inferior to some of the teams they've had in the past and came up short with would just be sweet.

We all know the "window" is closing for Brady and Belichick - every SB that slips away is precious wasted time - this year may be a "makeup" year - the one where they weren't quite up to the standards of the '03, '04, and even '07 Patriot teams but still had all the chips fall right for a Championship.

it will help take the sting away - but nothing can ever remove the crushing defeat on the "almost" perfect season - immortality was on the line.

However, this SB would be really nice - to see them win it with a team that's inferior to some of the teams they've had in the past and came up short with would just be sweet.

We all know the "window" is closing for Brady and Belichick - every SB that slips away is precious wasted time - this year may be a "makeup" year - the one where they weren't quite up to the standards of the '03, '04, and even '07 Patriot teams but still had all the chips fall right for a Championship.

Agreed.

I know how historic it would be for BB and TB.

What? The entire world are whiny cunts? That seems like a bold statement on your part? :mellow:

The entire world :lol: ? Why?

Because the Patriots last won back when "The Weakest Link" was a hit show?

If by "the entire world" you mean "Jake Delhomme fans," I stand corrected.... but overall I think Patriot fans love to pretend that people hate them when they don't...

I'm actually rooting for the Pats... The Giants just won a few years ago... The Pats are long overdue :cheers:

I was going to invite my WI neighbors over for the Big Game, but it appears that they will all be out ice fishing.

Strange, I can't understand why they lost their passion for football so soon. :dunno:

I bet if Matt Dodge (the greatest Packer in the past 15 years) was still on the Giants, they would care more. :D

I was going to invite my WI neighbors over for the Big Game, but it appears that they will all be out ice fishing.

Strange, I can't understand why they lost their passion for football so soon. :dunno:

I bet if Matt Dodge (the greatest Packer in the past 15 years) was still on the Giants, they would care more. :D

Ironically, I am hosting a Patriots Super Bowl party... [Don't know how this happened]

You are invited! :cheers:

Yes, Jake Delhomme fans still probably hate the Patriots.... but the rest of us moved on 7-8 years ago... I think it's cute that you all think the whole world hates you and your early 2000s accomplishments....

But for most people, you guys are dangerously close to becoming aging supermodel Carol Alt :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okn0b1LloMY

I love reading all the comments on other message boards about how "great" the Giants pass rush is and how they are going to easily dismantle the Pats...Ahh kids, talk it up now cause you aint gonna like the outcome.

Baltimore's defense is and was much better than the Gnats and they barely pressured Brady all game. The Pats O Line is "peaking" at the right time, Volmer possibly might be back, its pretty safe to say I'm confident they can easily handle them. The Giants secondary is just as bad if not worse than the Pats. I don't see this game being like their meeting earlier in the season, I'm predicting a high flying affair here.

Sorry Giants fans but this is the end of the road. That missed fg was a sign or somethin I'm telling you. Just think how great it will be to see Brady with that trophy in Foreheads house after taking it to his little brother.

They already had a makeup year in 2001. That team was probably not even one of the top 5 in the league.

I love reading all the comments on other message boards about how "great" the Giants pass rush is and how they are going to easily dismantle the Pats...Ahh kids, talk it up now cause you aint gonna like the outcome.

Baltimore's defense is and was much better than the Gnats and they barely pressured Brady all game. The Pats O Line is "peaking" at the right time, Volmer possibly might be back, its pretty safe to say I'm confident they can easily handle them. The Giants secondary is just as bad if not worse than the Pats. I don't see this game being like their meeting earlier in the season, I'm predicting a high flying affair here.

Sorry Giants fans but this is the end of the road. That missed fg was a sign or somethin I'm telling you. Just think how great it will be to see Brady with that trophy in Foreheads house after taking it to his little brother.

Gonna have to disagree on a couple of fronts.

First, I do think the Giants defense will pressure Brady. They did in Superbowl XLII and they did in their meeting earlier this year (though not quite as much as in the Superbowl, granted). They just have the right kind of players to get around the Patriots' offensive line.

Also Baltimore's pass rush is NOT GOOD. I don't know where you got the impression that it was, but they actually had one of the lowest sack rates in each of the last two years. Suggs was good for a while but that's about it.

AND you are completely discounting the other side of the ball. The Giants have one of the best wr corps in the league--perhaps THE best. The Patriots don't have much of anything to speak of in the secondary. Obviously that spells trouble. As a Pats fan I am scared sh!tless at the thought of Victor Cruz running roughshod on that secondary. Hakeem Nicks and Manningham are sizeable threats as well. No way the Pats can cover all three of those guys. NONE.

Their only hope is to pressure the hell out of Manning all game so he can't get good looks downfield. The Patriots' pass rush has been pretty good lately, but not that good.

I think the Giants should be favored in this game, perhaps by as many as four points.

The ironic part of this game is that NE probably wins IF they run the ball and control the clock. Yeah, thats exactly what I said. They need to keep Eli and that offense off the field just as much as the Giants need to keep TB off the field. I love the passing attacks but imagine what 100+ yards on the ground will do to help in a win for either club?