Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

I have a hyper-sensitive sense of smell, and it sucks

Like, I can smell a lot of peoples breath when they talk. The most common smell is like a rotting smell, that happens when food gets trapped between your teeth and you don't floss, you know that bad smell sometimes when you floss? I can smell that during conversation with a lot of people.

But there's one bad breath, and I used to call it Pastrami sandwich, but it's more of like an oniony ... BO smell. I went to some weird restaraunt tonight and was talking to a woman that had it, and it ruined my meal. I wasn't very happy with what I ordered, either. It was a charcuterie plate with some really ripe cheese that smelled like farts and smoked fish that was not very good, and olives that I didn't like, and then like some slices of cold marinated red pepper, cornichons and I think they sprinkled it with paprika. It just didn't go together. The slices of cucumber and smoked fish is a good start, but the rest of it was all wrong. Throw me some slices of tomato and capers with some sea salt. Some kinda real mild, spreadable cheese, like cream cheese and not some stinky brie.

Anyway, it sucks. Sometimes my sense of smell can really ruin an experience for me.

That restaurant doesn't sound like it takes food stamps. :dunno:

It was the company Christmas party for my Mom's business which I technically, sort of work for. i had to sit next to the metalsmith who flipped out the other day. He's a weird dude.

I pluck my nose hairs too. I have nasty nose hairs, now that I am old. Love to tweeze my nose hairs, hurts, but you get used to it. i regularly yank half inchers, I can breath a lot better too. My nose was broken once pretty bad, makes it harder for me to breath.

So, I wonder if that's part of the problem, I make an easier path to the receptors by tweezing the hairs. Certain perfumes will make me dizzy and want to puke, as well.

To be fair, they had two charcuterie plates, and we got both. We shared the first one that was more interesting with prosciutto wrapped asparagus, but there was one of those ... And 10 people sharing it. It was fine. i also ordered a drink I really didn't like that I gave to my stepdad. It was supposed to be like a bloody mary, with horseradish infused vodka, but I didn't like it. My first taste of it was bad, or maybe it was something else, because I tasted it again after the ice had melted a little and it was better. Step Dad drank most of it, he liked it. We agreed it needed shrimp. I gave him and Mom my leftovers too, some cheese and olives that they will like because it's some pretty funky cheese. St Andre, I am not a fan. Expensive fart cheese though. Not good with smoked fish. Cornichons had a weird initial taste I could only identify as like a fake smoke flavor, as well. Fish portion was small and not exciting.

Shoulda gotten the first charcuterie again, but I was hoping for something better.

I did my, "If you say it in a French accent, everything sounds good. 'Oui Monsiuer, we have a crsipy bran flake ... Wis uh ...Some sugar cvaired raisns ...annnn ... Zee 2 percent milk"

Pay $14 for a bowl of Raisin Bran.

Nobody laughed. I need to work on my material.

This felt a lot like we just went to someone's house and they spent like $50 making everything, that was not that good, and charged us $500. Some mixed drinks, one bottle of wine, I think next year we will go back to the Mexican place. Half the price, food is twice as good.