Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Company Christmas party

My wife works for a mid-sized company, and for the first time in years they had a holiday party. We were thinking of blowing it off but they were raffling off super bowl tickets and 8 iPads so, what the fock, right? I used to work there 20 years ago and still know a few folks there, so there was an off chance I'd actually have someone to talk to.

It was at a place called Rawhide which is a caricature of western theme places that a lot of tourists go to. Decent sized venue, should be able to handle what I estimated to be 500-1000 people tops.

We get there and the line to get into the parking lot is a mile long. A few roads had to merge and everyone was in full holiday spirit, cutting each other off, not letting people in, etc. 20 minutes later we make it into the parking lot which was pretty much full. After another 20 minutes we luckily stumble into a side area which had a spot.

We walk to the place to find... a line to get in. Not just a line. Apparently I underestimated the size of this company's presence in Phoenix, because there were at least 500 people in it. It seemed that somebody from the company was doing a badge check and maybe logging names (for the raffle?) so it was moving remarkably slow, and the woman seemed oblivious to the line she was causing. From the line we could see inside the facility. Looked like a lot of... lines for things like food I presume.

At this point it was after 7, the buffet was supposed to end at 8. I was pretty confident that we would miss our chance to eat overcooked buffet chicken. So in a moment of inspiration I turned to my wife and said... sushi. She got the hint and said let's blow this place. We went and had a nice dinner, came home and she let me rape her. It's 10:15, the party is over, and I'm confident that some people are still in line.

Merry Christmas. :lol:

I just got back from mine. Luckily only like 10 people. Quick dinner and drinks. Got outta there as fast as I could. I hate that shiat.