Sign in to follow this  
Gladiators

Wife wants to get a tattoo

Sorry, I was drinking. :cheers:

Years ago shortly after getting married, my wife made some drapes for our dining room. One night she said that she hated them and wanted to take them down. I told her she was nuts and they looked great. We argued some until finally she blurted out what was really bothering her. I said "oh, I thought we were arguing about the drapes." That diffused the situation and we talked about the real issue bothering her.

We aren't arguing about the drapes (tattoo) here. The issue isn't the size or location or that it isn't 1950 anymore or if tattoos are attractive. The issue is the lack of communication and her willingness to get one without discussing with him. Perhaps it is as simple as she always kinda wanted one even though Gladiators hates them, and sees this as a viable excuse. But still, neither my wife nor I would do something like get a tattoo without discussing it first.

Nailed it Jerry.

this string was a surprisingly good read

Thing is if you look at the original post it was in fact all about the fact she was getting a tattoo and you don't like them. You didn't makes it seem like you would have been ok with it even if she talked to you ahead of time.

You can convince me otherwise but I don't think the situation would have been any different even if she told you.

Thing is if you look at the original post it was in fact all about the fact she was getting a tattoo and you don't like them. You didn't makes it seem like you would have been ok with it even if she talked to you ahead of time.

True. My intent with the original post was to spur some conversation. If I provided full details right away, many probably wouldn't even bother reading it since the post would be so long.

The feedback has been good/interesting.

To your point about not being okay with it even if she talked to me ahead of time, this probably would have been true. Not 100% sure though. It has certainly opened our eyes on the communication issue. It's also spurred a number of topics that we need to discuss, which is a great thing.

True. My intent with the original post was to spur some conversation. If I provided full details right away, many probably wouldn't even bother reading it since the post would be so long.

The feedback has been good/interesting.

To your point about not being okay with it even if she talked to me ahead of time, this probably would have been true. Not 100% sure though. It has certainly opened our eyes on the communication issue. It's also spurred a number of topics that we need to discuss, which is a great thing.

So anal is on the table now?

I prefer no tatoos, but a discreet tatoos would not be a deal breaker.

I would negotiate and use that opportunity to buy a bigger boat.

If my wife ever pulled any like that she'd be out the door, most Ricky Tic.

I must have left a lasting impression on her, that she wants to get a tatt to memorialize it

you are gladiator's wife's father?

Would it be fair to say she thinks you're controlling? (Im not saying you are, I'm saying I suspect she may say so)

Seems like she was going with a "better to ask forgiveness than permission" approach.

I would agree completely that the tattoo should be able to be hidden.

this was my initial reaction to the original post. judgemental, rigid/ black and white thinking, my way or the highway, etc....

This. I seem to be one of the few that think the OP kind of came off as a d1ck in his original post. Id be probably a litttle annoyed if she didnt mention it first, but she doesnt have to. If not for the kid, Ill consider leaving is a little out there.

i wouldn't go as far as DlCK, but controlling and patronizing came to mind.

The not telling me about it would piss me off.

...... but i would agree that if she unilaterally got a tattoo, i would be upset. it should be something talked about with a spouse.

her actions are in line with rebellious adolescents. "i want to do what i want, when i want!" she might be feeling as if she is on lockdown, without freedom. something created that. worth thinking or talking about.

No but she does occasionally call me daddy.

Like many others, I dont think a small tattoo is a big deal, but the lack of communication is. Its fortunate an inconsequential issue like the tat shed light on it, rather than her acting out in some other way. Im a little concerned about her pattern of attention-seeking behavior (implants, colorful hair, tattoo), as I think this reflects insecurity which can worsen as a woman ages.

Like many others, I dont think a small tattoo is a big deal, but the lack of communication is. Its fortunate an inconsequential issue like the tat shed light on it, rather than her acting out in some other way. Im a little concerned about her pattern of attention-seeking behavior (implants, colorful hair, tattoo), as I think this reflects insecurity which can worsen as a woman ages.

I agree with all of this, and would add that Gladiators seems possibly controlling and does not tolerate imperfection. I strongly suggest couples counseling. :thumbsup:

I agree with all of this, and would add that Gladiators seems possibly controlling and does not tolerate imperfection. I strongly suggest couples counseling. :thumbsup:

I agree with all of that and all of pens assessment.

I would add that side d!ck is on her mind constantly.

Good stuff guys.

I have no concerns about the boob job or hair color. She does not flaunt her boobs. In fact I was the one that pushed her to go with slightly larger...figured we might as well get our moneys worth.

I feel like we are doing good here, this is part of why I waste time at this place. :cheers:

Dayyuuum!

He means he spouts off a bunch of alpha sounding bullshit from the computer room while he busily chases MDC about the internet. She rolls her eyes and pleasures herself with her impressive array of toys.

He means he spouts off a bunch of alpha sounding bullshit from the computer room while he busily chases MDC about the internet. She rolls her eyes and pleasures herself with her impressive array of toys.

I chase MDC? You haven't been paying attention boy. But it's ok. Hey, while you're in the PI, see if there are any half flip, half whitey kids in their early 30's with blue eyes and a bad additude. Might have some birthday cards to make up for. What color are your girls eyes?

I chase MDC? You haven't been paying attention boy. But it's ok. Hey, while you're in the PI, see if there are any half flip, half whitey kids in their early 30's with blue eyes and a bad additude. Might have some birthday cards to make up for. What color are your girls eyes?

Oh come on man. Just breaking balls.

But yeah, you follow MDC around like a puppy with half a dozen shticks. Bandwagon fan, hourglass figure, smokes heroin, etc.

My girl has zero white in her. Well, until I put it there anyway. :cheers:

Oh come on man. Just breaking balls.

But yeah, you follow MDC around like a puppy with half a dozen shticks. Bandwagon fan, hourglass figure, smokes heroin, etc.

My girl has zero white in her. Well, until I put it there anyway. :cheers:

Attaboy. Pop a San Miguel when you get a chance.

Attaboy. Pop a San Miguel when you get a chance.

Im about to die of boredom. Still over a week till the wedding.

Im gonna go down to the beach and get scuba certified next week I think. Just for something to do.

Im about to die of boredom. Still over a week till the wedding.

Im gonna go down to the beach and get scuba certified next week I think. Just for something to do.

Always wanted to do it. Everytime I have been in a resort to do it I was drinking and gambling all day. Gonna get it done one of these times. Enjoy that.

He is. And a zombie as well.

There's only a few hundred thousand of them, they might all qualify for US citizenship too if their dads weren't scumballs.

I'm glad I don't have a tattoo problem with my wife as it's not a conversation I want to have.

When I went off to war, I played with the notion that I'd get a tattoo for it when I got back. But then, when it proved to be more of an extended camping trip than a life altering event, I changed my mind and never got one.

I'm not Jewish nor do I want to be, but if I ever get a hair up my ass to convert, I'd want to be buried in a Jewish cemetery.

Always wanted to do it. Everytime I have been in a resort to do it I was drinking and gambling all day. Gonna get it done one of these times. Enjoy that.

I did it once in Hawaii. Its pretty fun. A good outdoor activity for fat focks like myself.

I did the book work and the pool dive part to get certified when I lived in Florida. The guy called off the open water cert dive for weather, and we got busy with finals. By the time we resurfaced, he had gone out of business.

My dad loves to dive. We are going to Cebu after the wedding, so if I get certified, I can go with him. Then me and the wife will go to either Palawan or Puerto Galera when they leave, both great dive spots. In Palawan, you can dive down to some sunk Japanese merchant ships from WWII. That would be focking badass! Will definitely do it sometime, if not this trip.

I'm not Jewish nor do I want to be, but if I ever get a hair up my ass to convert, I'd want to be buried in a Jewish cemetery.

serious question. What do they do with the campers?

:cheers: