Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Congrats gun folks!

14 year old kid my son went to school with and played soccer with for the school was this morning.

19 year old kid was fooling with the gun in the car when it went off...shot himself in the hand and killed the other kid. 19 year old charged with criminal homicide.

One life gone and another focked up over a gun. No details n whose gun it was...just focked up.

Blame the object not the people right? Always it's fault and no one else. You know back in the day swords, knives, and bows & arrows were the number 1 killer. Maybe if people stopped blaming objects and blamed the person we would actually get places in life

I'm a conservative Republican but I am for gun control.

We have gun control right? There are plenty of laws but you'll never fix the stupid things people do with guns or anything for that matter.

I have no problem with some of the proposed measures (closing loopholes, etc) and view AR-15s, AK-47s as unnecessary.

As you can see by some of the posts already though it's more than just limiting them. Some want all guns removed and want to keep picking away until the end goal is reached; no guns.

We have gun control right? There are plenty of laws but you'll never fix the stupid things people do with guns or anything for that matter.

I have no problem with some of the proposed measures (closing loopholes, etc) and view AR-15s, AK-47s as unnecessary.

As you can see by some of the posts already though it's more than just limiting them. Some want all guns removed and want to keep picking away until the end goal is reached; no guns.

Very few people are calling for all guns. On here and in Washington.

Can someone define "gun control" for me?

Because...I don't believe in it one iota.

Very few people are calling for all guns. On here and in Washington.

Correct because no legislation would ever pass if the end goal was revealed.

Let's take the kid who died that went to your kid's school. What laws could you possibly enact that would have prevented that from occurring?

Correct because no legislation would ever pass if the end goal was revealed.

Let's take the kid who died that went to your kid's school. What laws could you possibly enact that would have prevented that from occurring?

Did I claim any would. I don't know the gun came from. I was pissed at another senseless death from a gun. I made zero inference about getting rid of all guns from that list.

Can someone define "gun control" for me?

Because...I don't believe in it one iota.

Getting more guns out of the hands of citizens to prevent them from killing themselves and/or others. Whether it's illegally or legally obtained, guns are bad and should only be possessed by those with extensive training although there are shootings that are committed by those people too.

Did I claim any would. I don't know the gun came from. I was pissed at another senseless death from a gun. I made zero inference about getting rid of all guns from that list.

I didn't say you did. I merely asked you a question which I'll ask again with a quantifier. Assume the gun was purchased legally, what law OR POLICY could you possibly enact that would have prevented that from occurring?

There's no point in yet another shouting match - another round of anectdotes and arguments, statistics and counter-points.

In a world where it seems that even our damn shampoos come with warnings, ONE warning I wish each and every parent would hear on an exceedingly regular basis is this:

It doesn't matter what you believe in terms of gun control. It doesn't matter if you have a gun safe and trigger locks and educate your children and any and everything other thing you can do. It matters not if you don't even own a gun, nor how you and for whom you, vote.

Your child is only as safe as the most irresponsible gun owner in your childs extended circle of acquaintances. Just as you would check that an adult would be at a home, that no drinking was to be allowed, etc. add to that list whether or not a firearm is located in the home. Ask your kids if any of their friends have access to firearms. And tell them to run, don't walk, away from any situation where a firearm shows up in a casual (non-hunting/skeet/target) environment.

I don't know the right words. I just know that if I have to hear about peanut allergies and all the ridiculous things that we have decided to fear as a society, we damn sure should make sure every parent knows the bolded part above.

As I've said previously, I know plenty of folks who shouldn't be allowed to vote much less own a firearm.

That actually makes me wonder if we shouldn't do IQ testing for both Gun Purchases and Voter Registration.

How bout this. All guns must be registered.

If a gun registered to you injures or kills someone, you are 100% civilly liable for damages. (Absent properly filed report of theft, etc.)

I bet people would quit leaving their killing machines lying around the house then.

Last summer, I was home. My folks were still out of town so I was in the house alone for a couple of days. I found no less than five loaded guns within five feet of the floor.

My parents came home, and dad asked where they were. I said "seeing as how your 14 year old nephew and 8 year old niece are here most days, I figured that was ridiculously dangerous, so I locked them in the ridiculously expensive gun safe you have upstairs."

He was like, "yeah, your right, probably a good idea."

How bout this. All guns must be registered.

If a gun registered to you injures or kills someone, you are 100% civilly liable for damages. (Absent properly filed report of theft, etc.)

I have no problem with that or the registration of weapons as some conservatives do. Their argument would is that registration is the first step in taking them all away.

Although it would do zero to stop gun violence by those who have weapons illegally. To that I would propose automatic life sentence or maybe death penalty to those convicted of a crime where a person dies as a result of the use of a firearm. Armed robbery and either a citizen or even one of the criminals die? The rest go to jail for life or get the death penalty.

I have no problem with that or the registration of weapons as some conservatives do. Their argument would is that registration is the first step in taking them all away.

Although it would do zero to stop gun violence by those who have weapons illegally. To that I would propose automatic life sentence or maybe death penalty to those convicted of a crime where a person dies as a result of the use of a firearm. Armed robbery and either a citizen or even one of the criminals die? The rest go to jail for life or get the death penalty.

Guns should have to be registered each step of the way. Like a car. Chain of title.

If our are found with one with no number, or otherwise illegally obtained, enjoy prison.

Look at the map of where gun deaths occur. Basically, Democrats shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

Also, Dems wanna kill the babies, but when the babies DO get killed it's all, WHAAAAAAAA!!!

Make up your focking minds.

Blame the object not the people right?

Blame supporters of liberal gun laws which creates the problems to begin with.

If you give a poison banana to a monkey, and he eats it.... you don't blame the monkey. Nor the banana. You blame the idiots who allowed it to happen.

So this falls on all gun owners ? The same can be said for all Muslims when one of theirs does that Muslim thing they do ?

• Like 2

If you give a poison banana to a monkey, and he eats it.... you don't blame the monkey. Nor the banana. You blame the idiots who allowed it to happen.

This may be the worst comparison Ive ever seen. Who should we blame for deadly car accidents? Should people arrested for DUI be absolved since lawmakers make alcohol so easy to get? Grocery store that sold a case of beer to a completely sober adult?

What if Tiger Woods killed someone while he was high a few weeks ago? Doctor? Drug manuf? Cops? Car maker? Whose the idiot that allowed it to happen?

Bottom line, guns are scary and can take out groups of people and have a more immediate and permanent result. Gun deaths and injuries are low hanging fruit.

Lets look at this study for what it is propaganda. One way to remove guns from us is save the children.

Lets start with the opening: In June alone, a 6-year-old accidentally shot and killed a 4-year-old in South Carolina, a father accidentally shot and killed his 9-year-old daughter in Indiana and an 8-year-old Mississippi boy was accidentally shot in the chest. His grandparents drove him to the hospital, but he died 45 minutes later. Sadly, the list of child gun deaths goes on.

Here is the list they link to: http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/child-injured-killed

Go look at the sources. It's gang releated with children getting caught in the cross fire. Or it's a non legal gun owner not securing their weapon.

The vast majority of those gun deaths are gang releated with kids getting caught in the cross fire. The article admits it when it says, "Researchers found that 53 percent of the gun-related deaths were homicides" the article goes on further to say, "Of the injuries, 71 percent were assault, 21 percent were unintentional, 5 percent were related to law enforcement or undetermined causes and around 3 percent were self-inflicted."

"Boys were responsible for 82 percent of gun-related deaths, and 84 percent of the injuries. While African-American children had the highest rate of homicide, white and Native American children had the highest rate of suicide."

This is from gang violence. The article tries to paint the picture of little billy getting a hold of daddy's .22 and blowing his brains out when the fact of the matter is the vast majority of children gun deaths are cause by black on black crime.

But. but, but Cdub little children are still being killed by accidental gun fire!!!! Yes, and it's unfortunate. Parents who do not secure their weapons should face the harshest of penalties. That being said lets look at the leading cause of accidental death among children.

1. Motor Vehicles (42k) - More kids die on their way to church than accidental shootings BAN THE CAR!

2. Poisoning (39k) - No more laundry. The public CANNOT be trusted with bleach. BAN BLEACH!

3. Falling (25k) - Any where from on the play ground to down stairs. BAN LEAVING THE COUCH!

4. Fires (2.7k) - No more stoves or electricity - BAN FIRE!

5. Choking (2.5k) - Top chocking hazard, hot dogs. BAN HOT DOGS!

7. Guns (0.6k) - Accidental shootings resulted in 642 deaths in 2009

• Like 1

Lets look at this study for what it is propaganda. One way to remove guns from us is save the children.

Lets start with the opening: In June alone, a 6-year-old accidentally shot and killed a 4-year-old in South Carolina, a father accidentally shot and killed his 9-year-old daughter in Indiana and an 8-year-old Mississippi boy was accidentally shot in the chest. His grandparents drove him to the hospital, but he died 45 minutes later. Sadly, the list of child gun deaths goes on.

Here is the list they link to: http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/child-injured-killed

Go look at the sources. It's gang releated with children getting caught in the cross fire. Or it's a non legal gun owner not securing their weapon.

The vast majority of those gun deaths are gang releated with kids getting caught in the cross fire. The article admits it when it says, "Researchers found that 53 percent of the gun-related deaths were homicides" the article goes on further to say, "Of the injuries, 71 percent were assault, 21 percent were unintentional, 5 percent were related to law enforcement or undetermined causes and around 3 percent were self-inflicted."

"Boys were responsible for 82 percent of gun-related deaths, and 84 percent of the injuries. While African-American children had the highest rate of homicide, white and Native American children had the highest rate of suicide."

This is from gang violence. The article tries to paint the picture of little billy getting a hold of daddy's .22 and blowing his brains out when the fact of the matter is the vast majority of children gun deaths are cause by black on black crime.

But. but, but Cdub little children are still being killed by accidental gun fire!!!! Yes, and it's unfortunate. Parents who do not secure their weapons should face the harshest of penalties. That being said lets look at the leading cause of accidental death among children.

1. Motor Vehicles (42k) - More kids die on their way to church than accidental shootings BAN THE CAR!

2. Poisoning (39k) - No more laundry. The public CANNOT be trusted with bleach. BAN BLEACH!

3. Falling (25k) - Any where from on the play ground to down stairs. BAN LEAVING THE COUCH!

4. Fires (2.7k) - No more stoves or electricity - BAN FIRE!

5. Choking (2.5k) - Top chocking hazard, hot dogs. BAN HOT DOGS!

7. Guns (0.6k) - Accidental shootings resulted in 642 deaths in 2009

Woof.

First you can be equally concerned about more than one way we are dying as people. Secondly...twist all you want..it's the third leading cause of death....it's pretty sad that doesn't concern folks, or people like yourself try to minimalize it. Third...I'm not worried about going to the mall and being poisoned to death, hit by a car, falling or that I choke to death unless they start selling foot long corn dogs....I'll deepthroat those fockin things all day...... (almost all of those were solitary deaths unaffected by anyone).....a gun however could be used.

Also..all those things you cliche BAN them!! (Very original by the way)...all were created for normal purposes..not death like a gun.

What can legitimately be done to satisfy the "gun control" crowd?

What is the end game for that crowd that enters the middle of the Venn diagram for gun supporters?

I don't think there is one.

The constitution says nothing about aptitude tests for owning a gun.

There's no definition that makes sense about what an "assault weapon" is.

Legal guns are always going to be purchased for nefarious reasons.

Etc. Etc.

Basically, Democrats shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

As ridiculous as this suggestion sounds, Id love to see how much gun deaths and injuries would drop if this were the case.

Lets look at this study for what it is propaganda.

Exactly. Forget that the majority of "children" being killed is a result of gang violence.

I also like how they combine "accidental injury" due to car crashes and drowning as a separate, single statistical category and call that the second leading cause of death after illness. If you're going to combine "accidental injuries" into one category you have to include accidental injuries from guns as well.

In other words, accidental injury is the second leading cause of death among American children. That doesn't elicit the same emotional response though.

Woof.

First you can be equally concerned about more than one way we are dying as people. Secondly...twist all you want..it's the third leading cause of death....it's pretty sad that doesn't concern folks, or people like yourself try to minimalize it. Third...I'm not worried about going to the mall and being poisoned to death, hit by a car, falling or that I choke to death unless they start selling foot long corn dogs....I'll deepthroat those fockin things all day...... (almost all of those were solitary deaths unaffected by anyone).....a gun however could be used.

Also..all those things you cliche BAN them!! (Very original by the way)...all were created for normal purposes..not death like a gun.

Why? If X kills way WAY WAY more than Y and you're equally concerned about Y that's just silly. It honestly makes zero logical sense.

I didn't twist anything I just pointed out that gun violence is primary caused by black on black gang violence among kids 13-18. It's that article that is trying to paint an epidemic of 5 y/o accidentally shooting themselves. People like you are trying to maximize a problem that is so statistically insignificant that it almost doesn't exists.

You don't like the "cliche BAN them" because it shows how weak and illogical your argument really is.

Why? If X kills way WAY WAY more than Y and you're equally concerned about Y that's just silly. It honestly makes zero logical sense.

I didn't twist anything I just pointed out that gun violence is primary caused by black on black gang violence among kids 13-18. It's that article that is trying to paint an epidemic of 5 y/o accidentally shooting themselves. People like you are trying to maximize a problem that is so statistically insignificant that it almost doesn't exists.

You don't like the "cliche BAN them" because it shows how weak and illogical your argument really is.

So I guess we don't have a need for a Muslim ban...since Islamic terrorism from Muslim immigrants is way way down on the list of causes of death here.

His point is that just because something is lower in the list...doesn't mean we shouldn't take steps to lower the risk even more.

are you a gun owner? just curious, this is a very liberal statement. They continue to put AR-15's and AK47's together. Guess what AK 47's are illegal already, and AR15's are less deadly than Glock 19's

I bet at least 50% of people think AR stands for Assault Rifle

Despite your numbers are you more concerned about being poisoned....or being shot? Hope that helps..logically for you.

No..I don't like it because it's mentally weak. Trying to compare harmless objects used for normal purposes that have to be misused to kill vs a thing designed to kill large numbers of humans. Massive difference.

We are advised NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but 
 we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

It isn't absolute numbers either. It should be a function of the risk of an adverse outcome (homicide, suicide, accidental death) as it relates to the number of firearms owned, compared to the benefits (hunting/recreation, self protection, fend off oppressive government) of those same firearms. We know the numbers owned and the death totals, but the value of guns (versus cars, for example) is a little harder to quantify. Many gun control advocates think the protective role of firearms is overblown, and enabling skeet shooting isn't a high priority when innocent people are being shot.

People who advocate guns: willing to compromise on gun control issues

People who don't advocate guns: want them banned and unwilling to compromise at all