Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

NFL Predictions

I was wrong about the GMen, 4 wins was generous. They are looking down the barrel of O-fer.

I was more wrong. :shocking:

I was wrong about Wentz. I was encouraged by the way he played last year but I thought Eagles fans were premature in annointing him a franchise QB. I thought this year would decide if he's a future stud or the next Blake Bortles.

Wentz is the real deal. He needs to work on his deep accuracy and gets a little careless throwing into coverage sometimes. But he's got rare command of the O for a player his age and he's just killing teams with his mobility and improvisation, especially on third down. He reminds me a little of Andrew Luck but I think his ceiling could be higher.

Was wrong about the Giants. I thought a good defense with a decent enough offense would make for a division winner in a bad defensive division.

Never understood why people wrote off Wentz like he had a bad rookie year. It wasn't anything special but it was hardly bad. I'm not that surprised in how he is playing. Maybe a year or two earlier than I thought.

Didn't see Pitt sucking. I thought Ben was a little tougher mentally than he is showing. He along with Brown and Tomlin makes that team a mental circus. Tomlin should go when Ben gets out of there next year.

"They hate their coach"

Big Ben and Tomlin

Tomlin is a highly overrated coach. He would be better as a ra ra joey porter assistant. Passion and getting stuff out of a team can work but only so much. At some point his act lost its affection and success with his players. Be interesting to see what their team and staff looks like next year.

im still right

Thanks drobeski jr

I predict that @ 2-3 my Cowboys better get their $#!+ together or they're going to miss the playoffs. :wall:

The giants

:lol:

once proud franchise now 6 ft. under

I was wrong about Wentz. I was encouraged by the way he played last year but I thought Eagles fans were premature in annointing him a franchise QB. I thought this year would decide if he's a future stud or the next Blake Bortles.

Wentz is the real deal. He needs to work on his deep accuracy and gets a little careless throwing into coverage sometimes. But he's got rare command of the O for a player his age and he's just killing teams with his mobility and improvisation, especially on third down. He reminds me a little of Andrew Luck but I think his ceiling could be higher.

I completely underestimated his mobility and had him pegged as another Flacco. For the record, I am a Flacco fan, but obviously a Flacco who can run is a better Flacco. The Eagles enter a 6 game stretch that will prove whether Wentz has truly arrived or not.

Luck is a fair comparison, but Wentz seems to throw better.

I completely underestimated his mobility and had him pegged as another Flacco. For the record, I am a Flacco fan, but obviously a Flacco who can run is a better Flacco. The Eagles enter a 6 game stretch that will prove whether Wentz has truly arrived or not.

Ravens have done great since overpaying Flacco

Flacco has a better arm than Wentz and he's a much better deep ball thrower.

Wentz reminds me a little of Luck so far as his physical stature. He's not built like him but his escapability also resmebles a slimmer / faster Big Ben.

Anyway excited to see how he continues to grow.

I predict that @ 2-3 my Cowboys better get their $#!+ together or they're going to miss the playoffs. :wall:

Thanks to Red, this team has turned 4-1 into 2-3..... If it meant Jerry finally firing his ass, I'd be okay losing the 7....................in a row.

• Like 1

Thanks to Red, this team has turned 4-1 into 2-3..... If it meant Jerry finally firing his ass, I'd be okay losing the 7....................in a row.

Last year they had the last place schedule this year they have the first place schedule. It makes a big difference and many of us saw this coming. Dallas always pulls the fans into believing great things only to let them down. The difference this year is that this team is almost as good than the 2007 team and is disappointing early rather than later.

Two playoff wins since the 1996 season with a dozen SB predictions. You have to admire the fans loyalty.

Last year they had the last place schedule this year they have the first place schedule. It makes a big difference and many of us saw this coming. Dallas always pulls the fans into believing great things only to let them down. The difference this year is that this team is almost as good than the 2007 team and is disappointing early rather than later.

Two playoff wins since the 1996 season with a dozen SB predictions. You have to admire the fans loyalty.

Many of us saw it coming too... Many of us knew a lot of last year was smoke and mirrors.. Many of us have known since Day 1 - Jason Garrett is no HC, I've been wanting him gone for years.

Many of us saw it coming too... Many of us knew a lot of last year was smoke and mirrors.. Many of us have known since Day 1 - Jason Garrett is no HC, I've been wanting him gone for years.

Not a Cowboys fan but I've always viewed Garrett as Jones' puppet.It irks the hell out of me when reading Cowboys news and 90% of the time it's Jones said this Jones said that.

Patriots play Kansas city in the AFC championship game. Win and then beat the eagles by 3 in the super bowl.

Wentz throws up in the 4th.

Not a Cowboys fan but I've always viewed Garrett as Jones' puppet.It irks the hell out of me when reading Cowboys news and 90% of the time it's Jones said this Jones said that.

Red has always been his puppet.. But at least on the field, he does manage as he's inclined to do....... Which is the problem - he's horrible at it. Red has never had a grasp of clock management, clock awareness - and his default instinct is to chunk it all over the place.. No matter the situation, up by double digits in the 4th, 3rd and 2s, 3rd and 1s - he always defaults to chunking it...... Which is fine if your team is built for it. This one is not, this team was drafted (and crafted) to run the freaking ball.

Non Cowboy fans love Garrett. He has always sucked at clock management. I used to blame Romo but the truth is now obvious

Philly is def a team to watch out for this year.. I'm not quite sold that they are there yet - but they are coming.

I'd like to change this a bit............... Philly IS here.

Like the Superbowl champion Raiders? :lol:

Like the Superbowl champion Raiders? :lol:

Crazy huh? Everyone knew Carr would break his back...

Crazy huh? Everyone knew Carr would break his back...

So......Based upon what you saw of them before Carr got hurt you STILL think they were going to the SB? :wacko:

So......Based upon what you saw of them before Carr got hurt you STILL think they were going to the SB? :wacko:

I made that call before the season started - and unlike many of the flip-floppers around here, I was sticking to it. So yea - I was... Based on the mediocrity of what we've seen so far, based on the apparent sliding of NE and based on the fact it was still very early in the season - no reason to back off of that....... Of course, now that Carr is on the shelf, that's obviously not going to happen.

I made that call before the season started - and unlike many of the flip-floppers around here, I was sticking to it. So yea - I was... Based on the mediocrity of what we've seen so far, based on the apparent sliding of NE and based on the fact it was still very early in the season - no reason to back off of that....... Of course, now that Carr is on the shelf, that's obviously not going to happen.

You think KC has looked mediocre? The Raiders wouldn't even have won their own division with Carr healthy. Isn't he coming back this week? How many weeks did he even miss? 1.5?

You think KC has looked mediocre? The Raiders wouldn't even have won their own division with Carr healthy. Isn't he coming back this week?

Why, bcoz KC is all world? It's impossible to say who would have ended up tops in that division. It is an Andy Reid coached team - there's a history there of coming up short.. As far as coming back - who knows. They say he's a maybe for this week - but even if he does, he has a broken back. Who's to say how he performs, or to how long he can last.

Why, bcoz KC is all world? It's impossible to say who would have ended up tops in that division. It is an Andy Reid coached team - there's a history there of coming up short.. As far as coming back - who knows. They say he's a maybe for this week - but even if he does, he has a broken back. Who's to say how he performs, or to how long he can last.

KC has been the best, most consistent team in the NFL so far this year. The Raiders were well on their way to losing in Denver before Carr got hurt. They would have been two games behind KC even if he was healthy. They got SPANKED by Washington with him healthy and Carr looked like sh*t in that game. You should acknowledge that they just aren't that good this year.

KC has been the best, most consistent team in the NFL so far this year. The Raiders were well on their way to losing in Denver before Carr got hurt. They would have been two games behind KC even if he was healthy. They got SPANKED by Washington with him healthy and Carr looked like sh*t in that game. You should acknowledge that they just aren't that good this year.

KC has been good, no doubt... But I wasn't aware the playoffs seedings were already set.

A 1/4 of the season in and it's time to call it that they aren't any good this year, or weren't? Um, sure.

A 1/4 of the season in and it's time to call it that they aren't any good this year, or weren't? Um, sure.

I was under the impression this was a predictions thread. So I am posting my predictions. :dunno:

I was under the impression this was a predictions thread. So I am posting my predictions. :dunno:

Actually - I don't see any predictions by you in this thread.

What I do see is you (offended almost) that anyone dared to pick the Raiders to win it all. What I do see is post after post attacking my prediction.. Why, I don't know - but you seem to have taken it on as your own personal crusade.

If I had to pick right now, I'd guess Kansas City vs Green Bay in the Super Bowl. New England, Denver, and possibly Pittsburgh could challenge KC, while Atlanta is probably the top contender to Green Bay in the NFC. Philly was very impressive last night and Wentz is the real deal. Curious to see how they hold up. Seattle always seems to make a run in the second half too, but they'll need to improve up front and get some semblance of a running game.

Actually - I don't see any predictions by you in this thread.

What I do see is you (offended almost) that anyone dared to pick the Raiders to win it all. What I do see is post after post attacking my prediction.. Why, I don't know - but you seem to have taken it on as your own personal crusade.

Really? See post 5. And no I'm not offended you picked the Raiders. I find it laughable. They've done nothing to warrant that "prediction" and I think it hurts your credibility. But no I'm not offended.

Really? See post 5. And no I'm not offended you picked the Raiders. I find it laughable. They've done nothing to warrant that "prediction" and I think it hurts your credibility. But no I'm not offended.

Post 5, the one you lead off with "Are you a Raiders fan or something"?

You further go on to address and talk about the Raiders. Why? Bcoz you're making a case against "my" prediction......... So no, I still l don't see any predictions by you - all I see is replies and scoffs at my prediction. But you sure do have the armchair qb thing down for everybody else's pre-season prediction.

Post 5, the one you lead off with "Are you a Raiders fan or something"?

You further go on to address and talk about the Raiders. Why? Bcoz you're making a case against "my" prediction......... So no, I still l don't see any predictions by you - all I see if replies and scoffs at my prediction.

I predicted that the Raiders would NOT make the SB due to bad defense. That's a valid prediction. Just because it was a prediction posted to counter yours doesn't make it less valid.

Absolutely, like I said in the Panther thread...

"And as for the Eagles, they're the real deal! Not only do they seem to be have all the weapons needed for a Super Bowl run, they're hustling their arses off on both sides of the ball. Could this be the year? Damn, I knew Wentz was special, I really like the guy."

I predicted that the Raiders would NOT make the SB due to bad defense. That's a valid prediction. Just because it was a prediction posted to counter yours doesn't make it less valid.

You seem to have trouble differentiating between 'commenting on" somebody else's prediction and making predictions of your own.