Sign in to follow this  
sperri40

Matt Breida- Useless or nah?

I've got Gordon and Mixon. Breida, Ekeler and Benard all on WW. Also Morris but I'm not interested. Trying to decide if I drop P Barber for one of these guys. A Jeffrey about to return for me so I'm not struggling at the flex.

I've got Gordon and Mixon. Breida, Ekeler and Benard all on WW. Also Morris but I'm not interested. Trying to decide if I drop P Barber for one of these guys. A Jeffrey about to return for me so I'm not struggling at the flex.

I'd drop P Barber for Breida for sure.... Probably Ekeler and Bernard also. They're going to give Ronald Jones an opportunity sooner rather than later.

I'd drop P Barber for Breida for sure.... Probably Ekeler and Bernard also. They're going to give Ronald Jones an opportunity sooner rather than later.

In all fairness, Barber did have a very tough match up v. Jax this past week. I’m sure v. Pitt this week he will do much much better.

In all fairness, Barber did have a very tough match up v. Jax this past week. I’m sure v. Pitt this week he will do much much better.

Well... He played the Eagles not Jax. But I'd agree it wasn't an easy match-up. The point is the same though - Jones will get an opportunity at some point.

Well... He played the Eagles not Jax. But I'd agree it wasn't an easy match-up. The point is the same though - Jones will get an opportunity at some point.

Lol, ooops. Yeah, I’m sure if Barber comes out of the gate slow this week Jones will get his chance.

Lol, ooops. Yeah, I’m sure if Barber comes out of the gate slow this week Jones will get his chance.

Jones will only get a chance IF he is active. As you can see, that's a big if.

I was holding Jones as a lottery ticket but now I need to deal with Zeurlein and his torn vulva. One of the two will be hitting the wire.

I was holding Jones as a lottery ticket but now I need to deal with Zeurlein and his torn vulva. One of the two will be hitting the wire.

Once the real Bucs show up and fitz comes back down to earth I think they'll have to look a little harder at it. When you're 2-0 it's not a huge rush. That'll change

True.....as I mentioned, I would not be willing to write off Barber. They know what he did for them down the stretch last year.

Good comparison. I may not pick up Breida tonight on waivers because I do own Ekeler. It would seem redundant.

So you finally ended up snagging Elk off waivers? Sorry I didnt notice your reply until almost a week later & I ended up writing you back but I guess you missed it. Anyways, just wondering what you think of Elk now that you're an owner? I realize Im way higher on him than most but if you delve into his advanced stats you'll see one of the most explosively versatile RBs in the entire NFL. His SPARQ score from his college pro day placed him in the 95th percentile in terms of positional average among current NFL players which puts him in some elite company. He ran a 4.43 40yd dash to go along with a 40.5 vert! Also posted a 10ft 8in broad jump & 6.85 3-cone. Those are Saquon Barkley type numbers, my friends! Hes currently averaging an eye popping 7.7 yards per carry with an incredibly impressive 5.21 yards after a defender closes within 1 yard (YGAC). For perspective - Kamara is ranked #2 with a 4.69 YGAC. YGAC is a great measure of a RBs elusiveness. He also averages 3.0 yards after contact per carry so far in his NFL career which is just outrageous! Hes extremely difficult to square up and is adept at using his speed and shiftiness to not only break tackles but to gain positive yards after contact as well. I personally think his role is going to continue to increase and Ive got him finishing as a top 20RB in full point PPR. This isnt a lottery ticket handcuff stash. Id roll him out every week in my flex with confidence. And if Gordon were to ever go down, youre looking at a weekly top 3 the option at RB.

• Like 1

What are you guys gonna do who own both? Im glad I can put an end to the wait and see approach and open up a much needed roster spot by cutting Almo. He just doesnt have much value in PPR especially now that it appears as if Breida is the GL back. Id prolly hang onto Almo in standard -- but seriously -- who in the hell plays standard anymore?

One thing I noticed about The Cheeta is that hes 100% left hand dominant when running the ball. He refuses to switch the ball to his outside arm when running or cutting to the right -- which not only prevents him from stiff-arming -- but makes him highly susceptible to fumbling. Thats why he looks so unorthodox running the ball. Watch that very first carry (link below) for 28 yards and notice the ball in his inside hand on a counter play to the right. Notice how #31 Teez Tabor almost strips the ball? Tabor wouldnt of had that opportunity if the ball wouldve been in the correct hand. I suspect we could see some fumbling issues unless corrected. Thats all on the RBs coach.

Emmitt Smith carried the ball in his left hand only. He did ok.

So you finally ended up snagging Elk off waivers? Sorry I didnt notice your reply until almost a week later & I ended up writing you back but I guess you missed it. Anyways, just wondering what you think of Elk now that you're an owner? I realize Im way higher on him than most but if you delve into his advanced stats you'll see one of the most explosively versatile RBs in the entire NFL. His SPARQ score from his college pro day placed him in the 95th percentile in terms of positional average among current NFL players which puts him in some elite company. He ran a 4.43 40yd dash to go along with a 40.5 vert! Also posted a 10ft 8in broad jump & 6.85 3-cone. Those are Saquon Barkley type numbers, my friends! Hes currently averaging an eye popping 7.7 yards per carry with an incredibly impressive 5.21 yards after a defender closes within 1 yard (YGAC). For perspective - Kamara is ranked #2 with a 4.69 YGAC. YGAC is a great measure of a RBs elusiveness. He also averages 3.0 yards after contact per carry so far in his NFL career which is just outrageous! Hes extremely difficult to square up and is adept at using his speed and shiftiness to not only break tackles but to gain positive yards after contact as well. I personally think his role is going to continue to increase and Ive got him finishing as a top 20RB in full point PPR. This isnt a lottery ticket handcuff stash. Id roll him out every week in my flex with confidence. And if Gordon were to ever go down, youre looking at a weekly top 3 the option at RB.

I agree.. the dude is an elite athlete. Don't think he could ever be an every-down back but I do think he could handle a couple more touches per game. He's certainly trending towards my flex spot.

What are you guys gonna do who own both? Im glad I can put an end to the wait and see approach and open up a much needed roster spot by cutting Almo. He just doesnt have much value in PPR especially now that it appears as if Breida is the GL back. Id prolly hang onto Almo in standard -- but seriously -- who in the hell plays standard anymore?

One thing I noticed about The Cheeta is that hes 100% left hand dominant when running the ball. He refuses to switch the ball to his outside arm when running or cutting to the right -- which not only prevents him from stiff-arming -- but makes him highly susceptible to fumbling. Thats why he looks so unorthodox running the ball. Watch that very first carry (link below) for 28 yards and notice the ball in his inside hand on a counter play to the right. Notice how #31 Teez Tabor almost strips the ball? Tabor wouldnt of had that opportunity if the ball wouldve been in the correct hand. I suspect we could see some fumbling issues unless corrected. Thats all on the RBs coach.

Im holding onto both of them, at least in my 14-team league. Morris still outsnapped and out-touched Breida, and even had more receiving yards. If Breidas killer performance wins him 60-70% of the touches this week, then Id say you can chuck Morris.

I'm rolling with Breida. I held off on RBs for a real long time thinking I'd get Royce Freeman who would be my late round producer. Well, I got him- but he isn't producing!

I also got Kerryon Johnson, Sony and picked up Ekeler.

Someone should pan out...

I'm rolling with Breida. I held off on RBs for a real long time thinking I'd get Royce Freeman who would be my late round producer. Well, I got him- but he isn't producing!

I also got Kerryon Johnson, Sony and picked up Ekeler.

Someone should pan out...

You wanna talk about another elite athlete? I believe Breida scored the second highest SPARQ score of all time among RBs. His score put him in the 99th percentile. Breida ran a 4.37 40yd dash to go along with an insane vertical of 42 inches! And even more impressive was his 11ft 2in broad jump and a whopping 23 reps on bench press! How in the world are elite talents like Elk & The Cheeta not getting drafted?

Not sure if any of you guys are familiar with RB Darius Jackson but he was drafted in the 6th round by Dallas in 2016 and hes another super SPARQY talent. He played college ball at Eastern Michigan and posted a SPARQ score of like 150 from what I remember which placed him in the 98.8 percentile which means hes a better athlete that 98.8% of NFL RBs. Cleveland poached him away from last year and then he suffered an injury and they cut ties so we brought him back for camp this year. He played well and I was hoping hed make the team but he was one of our last cuts and we were hoping to sneak him on the practice squad but GB claimed and promoted him to their 53. Hes not on the fantasy radar or anything I was just making note of another RB with elite athletic ability who played for a small school and was overlooked like Elk & Cheeta.

Anyone benching David Johnson for Breida those week?

I laughed at the people asking about benching DJ last week but AZ looks awful as long as Bradford is starting. Plus da Bears.

Anyone benching David Johnson for Breida those week?

I laughed at the people asking about benching DJ last week but AZ looks awful as long as Bradford is starting. Plus da Bears.

I'm actually thinking of benching DJ for Golden Tate in the flex this week. Maybe cause I'm a Bears fan. But I still want him to go off.

Im sold he is the best back. If they gave him 22 carries a game he would be fantasy gold. However they are giving him 11 and Alf 11. I am hoping the 49ers make adjustments and feature him. Till then I can't trust him. Yet

• Like 1

The guy is talented. Only problem is he had just one touch in the 4th Quarter vs Det.

Yeah, what's with teams getting cute in the 4th quarter? The Niners had the lead. In the old days you try to run the clock out. The Bears did the same thing with Howard against the Seahawks. I'm sure there are other examples in the last two weeks. WTF?

That aside, Brieda is going to be useful the rest of the way barring injury. At least a flex and possibly an RB2 depending on the match up.

• Like 1

The guy is talented. Only problem is he had just one touch in the 4th Quarter vs Det.

Breida isnt going to the see the field much in the fourth quarter if the niners are sitting on a lead. Shanny Rat Jr has openly stated that Morris is the back that will be on the field during the 4:00 minute offense.

• Like 1

Breida isnt going to the see the field much in the fourth quarter if the niners are sitting on a lead. Shanny Rat Jr has openly stated that Morris is the back that will be on the field during the 4:00 minute offense.

Theoretically that makes sense. Alf's 3.3 YPC will almost move the chains with 3 carries. If Rat Jr. learned RB usage from his dad we're all in trouble.

How do yall think Beathard will impact Breida going forward? I actually think it could have a positive impact. Hear me out: Jimmy wasnt the type of QB to check the ball down which really limited Breidas upside in PPR. Theres nothing more valuable in PPR than to own a RB whos QB is a check down artist, a la Kyle Orton. Look at Breidas receiving stats through three games: 7 rec on 9 targets for 53 yards. I went and looked at Hydes game log pre Jimmy and he was a ppr animal with Beathard at the helm. Once Jimmy took over, Hydes receiving production looked similar to Breidas now. SF is also going to lean on the run now. And yes theyll be dealing with stacked boxes but Shanny Rat Jrs ZBS is a successful system and very tough to defend against. Plus, from what I remember last year, Beathard is a runner, so you could see some zone reads and options to open things up a little. The biggest downside for Breida will be lack of scoring opportunities. Hyde only had 4 on the ground thru week 12 and then scored 5 with Jimmy at the helm. Ill tell you who its gonna impact is my dude Robbie Gould. He would have ended the year as the #1 kicker in fantasy and now hes droppable.

Thoughts?

How do yall think Beathard will impact Breida going forward? I actually think it could have a positive impact. Hear me out: Jimmy wasnt the type of QB to check the ball down which really limited Breidas upside in PPR. Theres nothing more valuable in PPR than to own a RB whos QB is a check down artist, a la Kyle Orton. Look at Breidas receiving stats through three games: 7 rec on 9 targets for 53 yards. I went and looked at Hydes game log pre Jimmy and he was a ppr animal with Beathard at the helm. Once Jimmy took over, Hydes receiving production looked similar to Breidas now. SF is also going to lean on the run now. And yes theyll be dealing with stacked boxes but Shanny Rat Jrs ZBS is a successful system and very tough to defend against. Plus, from what I remember last year, Beathard is a runner, so you could see some zone reads and options to open things up a little. The biggest downside for Breida will be lack of scoring opportunities. Hyde only had 4 on the ground thru week 12 and then scored 5 with Jimmy at the helm. Ill tell you who its gonna impact is my dude Robbie Gould. He would have ended the year as the #1 kicker in fantasy and now hes droppable.

Thoughts?

I agree.

I know he played through it, but gotta hope that knee in okay.

I know he played through it, but gotta hope that knee in okay.

Hey Stonewall... I doubt you remember me but you and I drove the Peyton Hillis hype train in 2010. We both spotted that break out game he had in the preseason that year against the Rams and started hyping him then. He broke out to start the regular season and everyone on the boards thought it was a mirage but you and I. You remember that? He went in the second round in my main money league the next year and flopped epically. Even made the cover of Madden 11!

Hey Stonewall... I doubt you remember me but you and I drove the Peyton Hillis hype train in 2010. We both spotted that break out game he had in the playoffs that year against the Rams and started hyping him then. He broke out to start the regular season and everyone on the boards thought it was a mirage but you and I. You remember that? He went in the second round in my main money league the next year and flopped epically. Even made the cover of Madden 11!

What's up, Ramz? You bet I remember....that was a good year. Nice to hit one outta the park occasionally. He was a late draft pick in all my leagues that season, and carried me to several championships.

However, all though I still liked Hillis (dude was a football player, for sure), I had to pass on his steep price the following year....gotta have blinders on in this pursuit of ours. Kinda like Collins. Really like the guy, and he lead my teams down the stretch last year....but his price was too steep this year, esp with Buck Allen hanging around, so I own no shares.

What's up, Ramz? You bet I remember....that was a good year. Nice to hit one outta the park occasionally. He was a late draft pick in all my leagues that season, and carried me to several championships.

However, all though I still liked Hillis (dude was a football player, for sure), I had to pass on his steep price the following year....gotta have blinders on in this pursuit of ours. Kinda like Collins. Really like the guy, and he lead my teams down the stretch last year....but his price was too steep this year, esp with Buck Allen hanging around, so I own no shares.

I rode him to a championship that year myself. He was an absolute beast! Heres a name I bet you havent heard in a long time -- Montario Hardesty! The browns selected him in the 2010 draft and he was expected to win the job out of training camp as a rookie. He was a player a lot of people were hyping that year as a sleeper but you and were all over Hillis. Believe injuries derailed Hardestys career before it even started.

I was a Collins owner last year and drafted him in one of my leagues. He fell to me at pick #47 and I thought that was great value at the time. Collins would be a top 10 back right now if it werent for Allen getting three carries inside the 1 yard line that he converted into three TDs. Would have never drafted him had I knew Allen was gonna be the GL back..

In the PRESEASON that year against the Rams*** (correction to previous post)

Thoughts?

I have Gould as well and I don't think it will impact him much at all. It's not like Jimmy G was tossing for 300 yards and 3 TDs every week...or any week. I don't expect Beathard to be a stud or even relied upon, as I think the run game gets a boost in their workload. Ultimately, I see Gould being at least as productive as he was these past few weeks.

I have Gould as well and I don't think it will impact him much at all. It's not like Jimmy G was tossing for 300 yards and 3 TDs every week...or any week. I don't expect Beathard to be a stud or even relied upon, as I think the run game gets a boost in their workload. Ultimately, I see Gould being at least as productive as he was these past few weeks.

I hope youre right. Only look Ive got of Beathard was when Dallas went to SF in week 7 of last year and I wasnt impressed. I think it impacts him significantly, personally. Jimmy is the perfect QB for a fantasy kicker. Hes good enough to move the ball and get in position to score but lacks the talent and weapons on offense to be a real threat in the red zone. Im holding Gould for now and will keep a close eye on how the offense looks this weekend.

• Like 1

Breida is in store for a MONSTER game, my friends. As I mentioned in my initial post, Beathard is the king of the check down and targets his RBs at a Kyle Orton like rate. Almost one-quarter of Beathard's targets last year were directed toward Carlos Hyde. Jimmy G going down was the best thing that couldve happened to us Breida owners. I expect high end RB1 production out of the Cheetah this weekend.

Note -- Im not worried about Breidas questionable tag or the fact that he didnt practice today. He was a full participant at practice yesterday and was able to come back and finish last weeks game. Morris on the other hand hasnt practiced all week and looks doubtful.

• Like 1

Breida is in store for a MONSTER game, my friends.

I was all aboard until this gave me pause today:

Matt Breida (questionable, knee) said he'll be a game-time decision for Week 4 against the Chargers.

Advice: "I’ve got to feel comfortable," said Breida, who was downgraded to a limited practice on Friday after being a full participant on Thursday. "It’s a long season." Breida's status for Week 4 can no longer be taken for granted. To further complicate matters, the Niners won't kick off until 4:25 ET on Sunday, leaving fantasy owners with few alternatives should Breida sit out. Alfred Morris (knee) is also questionable for Sunday's game in L.A. Already playing without Jimmy Garoppolo (ACL), the Niners' offense will be in a heap of trouble if Breida or Morris can't go. The Chargers defense should be a high-owned DFS property in Week 4.

More: Eric Branch on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

I was all aboard until this gave me pause today:

Matt Breida (questionable, knee) said he'll be a game-time decision for Week 4 against the Chargers.

Advice: "Ive got to feel comfortable," said Breida, who was downgraded to a limited practice on Friday after being a full participant on Thursday. "Its a long season." Breida's status for Week 4 can no longer be taken for granted. To further complicate matters, the Niners won't kick off until 4:25 ET on Sunday, leaving fantasy owners with few alternatives should Breida sit out. Alfred Morris (knee) is also questionable for Sunday's game in L.A. Already playing without Jimmy Garoppolo (ACL), the Niners' offense will be in a heap of trouble if Breida or Morris can't go. The Chargers defense should be a high-owned DFS property in Week 4.

More: Eric Branch on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

I edited my post even before I saw your reply because I knew that comment was coming. Ill copy and paste below incase you didnt see. I think he plays though, you?

Im not worried about Breidas questionable tag or the fact that he didnt practice today. He was a full participant at practice yesterday and was able to come back and finish last weeks game. Morris on the other hand hasnt practiced all week and looks doubtful.

I edited my post even before I saw your reply because I knew that comment was coming. Ill copy and paste below incase you didnt see. I think he plays though, you?

Im not worried about Breidas questionable tag or the fact that he didnt practice today. He was a full participant at practice yesterday and was able to come back and finish last weeks game. Morris on the other hand hasnt practiced all week and looks doubtful.

Who is the guy if Breida and Morris are out?

I think he plays though, you?

Yes, I do Ramz....but difficult chance to take IF one has options (mine is Royce Freeman). Still undecided.

Yes, I do Ramz....but difficult chance to take IF one has options (mine is Royce Freeman). Still undecided.

I have Breida and R Freeman in my line up now, McCaffrey on BYE. I really hope he plays!

I would play RFreeman over Breida this week. His injury scares me and I have a feeling RF has his best game so,far on MNF.