Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Cowboys talk

you tony romo.....I hope you play for 40 years in that dog crap town, for your dumbarse owner and lose every year.

I am DONE with this team. Fuck ROMO, Garret, Callahan, Jerry Jones and the entire organization, defense coaches and defense too. I was happy to cheer for Lacy and Jordy on my fantasy team and hope Aaron Rodgers gets back next week.

This is the worst loss in Cowboys history, when it should have been the best win in a long time. 3 picks by Romo late in the 4th quarter. Just piss it all away. duchebags.

its not so much romo , they run the wrong rout they bounce balls off their hands. Its not his fault they lose. The coaches need to be fired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the last day of the year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romo just solidified his place firmly in the middle of the pack of mediocre, over-rated QBs.

Couldn't have happened at a better time.

There is so much blame to go around for this loss, it's actually amazing. Romo, the defense and mostly the coaching staff.

They had the lead the whole game, Demarco brought his "A" game, how the heck do they end the game with only 18 rushing attempts.

I think I heard Aikman make the point that they were averaging 7 yards a rush about a half dozen times.

Pathetic

There is so much blame to go around for this loss, it's actually amazing. Romo, the defense and mostly the coaching staff.

They had the lead the whole game, Demarco brought his "A" game, how the heck do they end the game with only 18 rushing attempts.

I think I heard Aikman make the point that they were averaging 7 yards a rush about a half dozen times.

Pathetic

Passing the ball in second and third and short situations when you are up by double digit points will do it.

That whole 2nd half was mismanaged in my opinion. You have a RB averaging 6 - 7 yards a carry, you run the ball and keep your Defensive sieve off the field. They did the same thing at the end of the 3rd quarter. They threw 3 passes and took no time off the clock. Dallas deserved to get beat in that game; one of the worst losses I've ever seen in a game that mattered. On their home field. By Matt Flynn. Sigh . . . It's really hard to watch.

And if you do make the decision to pass there; why isn't Dez in the formation running that pattern instead of Smiles Austin? The sad hing is; they could STILL win their division. The Eagles got absolutely ripped by the Vikings.and still have to go to Dallas. Our division probably shouldn't even have a representative in the playoffs this yer. :doh:

That whole 2nd half was mismanaged in my opinion. You have a RB averaging 6 - 7 yards a carry, you run the ball and keep your Defensive sieve off the field. They did the same thing at the end of the 3rd quarter. They threw 3 passes and took no time off the clock. Dallas deserved to get beat in that game; one of the worst losses I've ever seen in a game that mattered. On their home field. By Matt Flynn. Sigh . . . It's really hard to watch.

And if you do make the decision to pass there; why isn't Dez in the formation running that pattern instead of Smiles Austin? The sad hing is; they could STILL win their division. The Eagles got absolutely ripped by the Vikings.and still have to go to Dallas. Our division probably shouldn't even have a representative in the playoffs this yer. :doh:

Romo audibles out of runs. That last play he audibled out of the run call and just threw the game ending INT.

Romo audibles out of runs. That last play he audibled out of the run call and just threw the game ending INT.

Not only that, but the receiver correctly pulled up (as he's supposed to in the option route), and Romo misread the very play he called.

I defended him against Denver, but this.... :doh:

Den, Det, and now GB... all horribly blown games... if they win 1 of those 3 blunders they are likely in the playoffs... not that it matters because they wouldn't go anywhere...

I've said it before, but this team needs to be blown up... I'm mean EVERYONE save a few young talented players...

people to potentially keep

terrance williams

dez

maybe lee... but injuries

maybe carter...

everyone else is either dead weight, or getting too old... firesale!!!!

It's refreshing to see the ardent Romo supporters admit 'no mas'. I hope the Cowboys move on from him, Garrett and Jerry Jones to finally get his nose the fock out of the operation. They need to do this for the fans if nothing else.

I will still defend Romo to a certain point. If they get rid of Romo who do you replace him with? I am ok to take some late round fliers on a QB to develop.

The biggest thing to take away from yesterday is the play calling. 18/48 run pass ratio when your RB avg 7.4ypc and the only time they trailed was with 1:30 left in the game. The second half was 7/23 run/pass. What the hell?!?!?!?! The worst was when they were backed up in there own end with about 5 minutes left and they threw 3 straight times for a 3 and out with almost no time coming off the clock. I don't know if it is horrible play calling or Romo calling audibles or what but it is an awful way to throw away a game like that.

Just went out to the store and thought I saw Red Garrett standing out on Collins St with a 'Work for Food' sign...

HHHHAAAAAAAAA - good morning Kool Aid drinkers, how you liking our Boys now, how you liking the "new direction today?

What as pathetic, lousy, choke'n display of football that was. I'm actually glad national television was able to show the world what a focking joke this organization is - if the last two games hasn't finally convinced the homer sheep then nothing ever will. I've been telling you for a while now that we are the Dallas Clowns - and there is plenty of blame to go around from top to bottom.

* Don't want to hear about injuries - GB was decimated with injuries yesterday too, as a matter of fact we've faced back up qb's in the last two games.

* After running thru the Bears last week for 8 ypc, your rb is once again shredding the opposing defense for 7.4 ypc - with a 23 pt. halftime lead you decide to it out in the 2nd half. In 4 2nd half possessions Murray ran the ball 6 times - not even half as many times as Romo threw it.

* 1:09 left in the 3rd - Dallas up 29 to 17 - Cowboys do what? 3 STAIGHT PASSES (2 incomplete, 1 sack, punt) - total of 1:03 seconds run off the clock. Are you focking kidding me??????

* 4:17 left in the game - Dallas up 36 to 31 - Cowboys do what? 3 STRAIGHT PASSES (1 a deep bomb) then a pick - total of 1:15 of time run off the clock. Are you focking kidding me??????

* Scandrick and Carr are making a comined $77 mil out there - both looking like total ass. And Ware, hello - did you play yesterday? No tackles, no sacks, 1 qb hurray - that's what you get for $78 million?

* Red Garrett - you are history, gone, finished, pack your shiat. You only have so much power here, agreed - but you have to have a clue in managing a game. Week in and week out you continue to be lost when it comes to clock management and ball control.

Nice how Garrett threw a couple of verbal jabs at Romo after the game. He may have been right, but RED, can you look in the mirror please. Parcells would've won this game by two scores.

In the past I've been as hard on Romo as anybody, but this season have actually defended him from time to time. That being said, this was a complete failure on ALL the Cowboys. The Eagles had lost, you had the division waiting for you to grab hold, and you shat your own pants. The play calling was horrible. The Packers couldn't even hope to stop DeMarco Murray, but he only touched the ball a handful of times in the 2nd half? This is EXACTLY what I've pointed out before. It's not that Romo is that bad, it's that the Cowboys go out of their way to put him in a position to fail. If the Cowboys run the ball EVERY down the 2nd half, even if every possession is a 3-and-out, the Packers likely can't come back just because of time. But they go pass-whacky, stop the clock, give the Packers momentum, then scratch their heads at the end and say "Why does Romo make these boneheaded turnovers?" Well, it's because you call pass plays that result in the Packers getting more time, then you put the pressure on him to have to come back after your team has collapsed. It's really pathetic. As a Steelers fan, I expected them to do the same thing, but even stupid Tomlin is smart enough to run the ball and kill the clock. Weak sauce Cowboys...weak sauce.

I'm wondering just how much of this IS on Antonio. Drives are intricate entities, every play a building block on the rest. That's why penalties rat f*ck teams so much. If Antonio checks out of a second down run, and throws an incomplete pass, it screws the entire drive right there as Garrett must then call a pass play on third down. Also read where it was Antonio which actually blew the read on that last INT.

Nice how Garrett threw a couple of verbal jabs at Romo after the game. He may have been right, but RED, can you look in the mirror please. Parcells would've won this game by two scores.

Red made it a point to remind all that Callahan is the one who calls plays. What he failed to mention is that all plays go thru him and to Romo. So yea, even with Romo checking off runs and Callahan calling passes - it's ultimately his final word on what gets done.

Red made it a point to remind all that Callahan is the one who calls plays. What he failed to mention is that all plays go thru him and to Romo. So yea, even with Romo checking off runs and Callahan calling passes - it's ultimately his final word on what gets done.

I am simply amazed Callahan still even has a job in the NFL. But delving into the subject further... Watching the game last night led me to dig up the blog below. I've stated for years that Jon Gruden was the perfect coach for the Dallas Cowboys, but for none of the reasons this guy does. I will put the following statement up against anyone who cares to argue it.

The four years Jon Gruden coached in Oakland was the greatest coaching stint in NFL history.

ONLY Raider fans can tell you what an absolute mutt he inherited after the 1997 NFL season. He took over a team that was every bit as bad as the one that got Jamaal'ed yesterday, and he went 8 and 8 in 1998 with Donald freaking Hollas at quarterback. Two years later in 2000 he was the #2 seed and playing in the AFC Championship game in Oakland Coliseum, losing to a Ravens defense built for the ages. By 2001 the team was an offensive juggernaut, hell even Michael Silver of SI was praising them, and they had New England beat IN Foxboro if not for the Tuck play. And the real testament to his work was how Callahan basically took the team he built (coaching-wise on the field) and went to the Super Bowl in 2002.

But the truly amazing thing about Gruden was his relationship with Al Davis. He ALWAYS referred to him as MR. Davis (as did the entire organization), treated him with respect, and dealt with his f*ck-foolery on a daily basis. He picked and chose his battles wisely, pushing the Godfather to sign players like Rich Gannon and Charlie Garner. In the end, he outwitted Al and took the spotlight in the East Bay. This ate at Davis, and he basically ran him for no reason because of it. Across the Bay, Frisco was preparing to trade Mooch to the Bucs for draft picks, then sign Gruden the next season once his Raider deal expired. Davis could not stand the thought of his arch rivals across the Bay not only getting his coach, but his draft picks as well, and the rest is history.

What this article fails to point out, why Gruden would make such an excellent coach for Dallas in their current Clownie constraints, is that Chuckie had ZERO front office control. People keep harping that he wants player control in any new gig he takes, but this is simply not the case. How could he? The man literally puts in 14-16 hours a day work as a coach. This, if anything, is what eventually did him in and is probably the biggest obstacle to his sideline return. Gruden is a work-a-holic, and his health, sanity, and family situation no doubt play a factor.

This is a WIN-WIn situation for Jerry Jones, who needs to shuck his policy of stiffing his head coaches and throw a truckload of cash Jon Gruden's way in 2014.

http://thelandryhat.com/2013/09/17/gruden-brothers-heading-dallas-2014/

Okay Cowboys fans I've been telling you over and over again not only how big of a mess this organization is - but how much the Head Clown at Valley Ranch has been pulling the wool over your eyes. 'New direction' and 'process' are words and phrases Jerry has been feeding you and you've been buying into it hook, line, and sinker. Well as Clown Face often does, he opened his mouth up one too many times - on 105.3 the Fan yday he flat out admitted and came clean that he doesn't give a shiat about winning - he cares about $$$. I was listening to that interview live - bout fell out of the driver's seat.

Asked by KRLD FM 105.3 FM “The Fan” if he worries about fan apathy, Jones said, “Not with games like the other day. That’s, you know, that’s a show, if you want to look at it that way.

Okay Cowboys fans I've been telling you over and over again not only how big of a mess this organization is - but how much the Head Clown at Valley Ranch has been pulling the wool over your eyes. 'New direction' and 'process' are words and phrases Jerry has been feeding you and you've been buying into it hook, line, and sinker. Well as Clown Face often does, he opened his mouth up one too many times - on 105.3 the Fan yday he flat out admitted and came clean that he doesn't give a shiat about winning - he cares about $$$. I was listening to that interview live - bout fell out of the driver's seat.

Asked by KRLD FM 105.3 FM “The Fan” if he worries about fan apathy, Jones said, “Not with games like the other day. That’s, you know, that’s a show, if you want to look at it that way.

I was listening too. Jerry figures fans will keep spending their money on the Cowboys as long as the game makes for an exciting show. I guess he figures football is like professional wrestling. As long as he is making money, he is right. I wish DFW would shiot on his bank account for a few seasons until he got the message that winning means something to the fans even if is meaningless to him.

I was listening too. Jerry figures fans will keep spending their money on the Cowboys as long as the game makes for an exciting show. I guess he figures football is like professional wrestling. As long as he is making money, he is right. I wish DFW would shiot on his bank account for a few seasons until he got the message that winning means something to the fans even if is meaningless to him.

Man Bear - I just don't get it. I do not understand why these fans keep pouring hundreds and thousands of $$ into this team. And to make matters worse (further in the interview) Jerry actully believes he's done his part in providing Red and the staff with quality players. In his eyes he actually believes he's got a great GM running the team.......... Hey Mr. Jones - can you run down me the list of recent Owner/GM people to win the SB? I'll patiently wait - thanks.

A question for fans in other cities.... How often do the GM's of your teams do interviews? Do you even remember the last one? Jones does multiple TV and radio interviews every week, sometimes every DAY. Amazing...

A question for fans in other cities.... How often do the GM's of your teams do interviews? Do you even remember the last one? Jones does multiple TV and radio interviews every week, sometimes every DAY. Amazing...

Like Never, I barely remember who the GM of Buffalo even is. <_<

GM's should only be heard around trade time of player moves. JJ is just a diva who loves dat limelight.

That being said, JJ is great for cowboys haters, we do love seeing the team implode year after year in December

Like Never, I barely remember who the GM of Buffalo even is. <_<

GM's should only be heard around trade time of player moves. JJ is just a diva who loves dat limelight.

That being said, JJ is great for cowboys haters, we do love seeing the team implode year after year in December

As a Raider fan I can identify with what you just said lol...

How old is Jerry? Does he have any health issues? I hope he dies soon.

Jerry is 71 - but much like Luke Skywalker he is more bot than human. He does and has hit the bottle rather hard over the years - our only hope is his liver gives out.

From what I've seen, Stephen seems like a pretty level headed fellow. Though has never challenged his Dad publicly on team matters. On least anything significant. Every organization needs a football mind. It's a young man's game, but I am still impressed with old school guys like Charlie Casserly. But there have to be some young energetic minds out there that can run operations for this team.

From what I've seen, Stephen seems like a pretty level headed fellow. Though has never challenged his Dad publicly on team matters. On least anything significant. Every organization needs a football mind. It's a young man's game, but I am still impressed with old school guys like Charlie Casserly. But there have to be some young energetic minds out there that can run operations for this team.

Maybe but the ol' boys club are the ones with the money and who pay the bills to sign big name players. Ultimately when you can wipe your butt with $100 bills and never wear the same pair of clothes twice like Jerry, that money talks. Players want to play for your team because they know if he likes them, he'll override the best football advice from his GM, Coach, and whomever in order to overpay that player to come play for his team. Ultimately some players care more about the fat FA contract than going to a team with a good shot to win the Superbowl. Jerry has and always will pay for players he likes or wants. Him, Al Davis, and Dan Snyder fall into that FA trap thinking they could buy a ring.

Football minds know better, you HAVE to build through the draft and supplement your core drafted players with quality FA to put your team over the hump. There is no quick fix, skip the draft method that is reliable. Football isn't always a sport where you can fix a team by throwing more money at it. There are probably way more huge Free Agent busts then there are players who actually took a team to a championship...

Well as they say, 'careful what you ask for' and 'the applel doesn't fall too far from the tree'. Stephen does seem a little more rational than his old man, but he still is part of the institution - he's a major part in fact. Stephen is the main salary cap guy and he is also "technically" director of player personnel. His degree and background is in chemical engineering - I'd wish he and his father would go back to it.

In the past I've been as hard on Romo as anybody, but this season have actually defended him from time to time. That being said, this was a complete failure on ALL the Cowboys. The Eagles had lost, you had the division waiting for you to grab hold, and you shat your own pants. The play calling was horrible. The Packers couldn't even hope to stop DeMarco Murray, but he only touched the ball a handful of times in the 2nd half? This is EXACTLY what I've pointed out before. It's not that Romo is that bad, it's that the Cowboys go out of their way to put him in a position to fail. If the Cowboys run the ball EVERY down the 2nd half, even if every possession is a 3-and-out, the Packers likely can't come back just because of time. But they go pass-whacky, stop the clock, give the Packers momentum, then scratch their heads at the end and say "Why does Romo make these boneheaded turnovers?" Well, it's because you call pass plays that result in the Packers getting more time, then you put the pressure on him to have to come back after your team has collapsed. It's really pathetic. As a Steelers fan, I expected them to do the same thing, but even stupid Tomlin is smart enough to run the ball and kill the clock. Weak sauce Cowboys...weak sauce.

Steelers bandwagon fan

If Dallas wins next week, and GB wins next week - the Cowboys will have the 3rd Seed in the Playoffs. Ha, wow - what a joke. :D

I would fire garrett after the season even if we beat Philly and get bounced in the 1st round. That play calling late in the game against GB was inexcusable and they did it again against WASH... they got very lucky they pulled that off. Did you hear Aikman and Moose calling the last 2 games. They could believe what they were seeing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!