Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

RG3 rumors ...

The Redskins reportedly want Robert Griffin III badly and are willing to give up their top three picks in this year's draft as well as next year's first-rounder.

The Redskins reportedly want Robert Griffin III badly and are willing to give up their top three picks in this year's draft as well as next year's first-rounder.

Did you hear that in the locker room?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii

Teams sources tell NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin the Redskins are prepared to offer the Rams their top three 2012 picks and "at least" their 2013 first-round pick to move up to draft Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.

If true, it would be a positively Ricky Williams-ian haul for the Rams, who saw the value of their No. 2 pick increase even further on Sunday when Griffin was unofficially timed at a blazing 4.38 in the 40 at the Combine. Eskin's report comes two days after SI.com's Tony Pauline reported the Rams have engaged in "exploratory talks" with the Redskins about a swap. Feb 26 - 10:42 AM

Poor RGIII. Having to play for that sh!tty team with absolutely no hope of decent talent around him, as daniel snyder apparently thinks draft picks are useless. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, he'd be much better off in Cleveland. That team is sooooo close.

Heck, with that offer. The Colts should let them have Luck!

Heck, with that offer. The Colts should let them have Luck!

Which is what I've been saying for months. Talk about getting your team healthy real quick. And you know the Skins are gonna suck for at least a couple more years, so the picks for next year should be good.

If only we knew more about Manning. I would let Luck go for that kind of haul if I had a QB

Yes, I caught that last night, too. Only time anything concrete has been identifide.

Hakem Dermish did not however say his source.

I don't think the Redskins will have to give up even that much. But lol if they do, I'm okay. This kid is EXACTLY what the Redskins need. And with his speed and ability, they'll Win.

Plus, PManning and Flynn will go somewhere but it's damn sure it's NOT here. That'll lessen the demand. Plus Fisher and Shanny are friends. Fisher'll get ALL he can but he won't screw Shanny. JMHFO

The RAMS should draft RG3 and trade Bradford.

RG3 in that in-door turf field might be simply too good to pass up.

Problem is that the Rams have many more needs than RGIII is going to fill, and teams aren't going to give full value on Bradford because he hasn't really been lighting the world on fire in the 1st couple of years. Getting two 1st and a 3rd round pick with Bradford at the helm is likely a much better way to build than keeping status quo and RGIII.

Problem is that the Rams have many more needs than RGIII is going to fill, and teams aren't going to give full value on Bradford because he hasn't really been lighting the world on fire in the 1st couple of years. Getting two 1st and a 3rd round pick with Bradford at the helm is likely a much better way to build than keeping status quo and RGIII.

:thumbsup:

I agree. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why some people have soured on Sam Bradford. He had a very good rookie year on a bad team. This past year, his O-line hung him out to dry (36 sacks in 10 games). The Rams have a lot of fixing to do, but I don't think the QB position is one of them. Trade down, especially if someone like Dan Snyder is willing to pay a king's ransom for it.

:thumbsup:

I agree. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why some people have soured on Sam Bradford. He had a very good rookie year on a bad team. This past year, his O-line hung him out to dry (36 sacks in 10 games). The Rams have a lot of fixing to do, but I don't think the QB position is one of them. Trade down, especially if someone like Dan Snyder is willing to pay a king's ransom for it.

Saw him play twice last year. He is far from the problem. Don't know how high of a ceiling he has, but I think he's definitely a starting NFL QB. Other then SJax, that offense was a joke.

They might trade the pick to the Skins because the Brown are not sure what to do about RGIII. That's what Rotoworld is reporting.

They might trade the pick to the Skins because the Brown are not sure what to do about RGIII. That's what Rotoworld is reporting.

Yeah, I find that hard to believe. I read that Rotoworld report too.

Who is Cleveland eyeing with the 4th pick if they aren't trading down to get RGIII?

I'd be shocked if Cleveland doesn't make some kind of offer.

Saw him play twice last year. He is far from the problem. Don't know how high of a ceiling he has, but I think he's definitely a starting NFL QB. Other then SJax, that offense was a joke.

There are folk on this forum who are convinced Bradford is a bust.

Its crazy.

If the Skins landed Bradford I'd be happy about that too.

There are folk on this forum who are convinced Bradford is a bust.

Its crazy.

If the Skins landed Bradford I'd be happy about that too.

Every year farther away from that shoulder injury he gets the more I believe in him. I think the Rams could make major waves by pickup up two 1st round picks and a 3rd rounder or so and keeping Bradford. Imagine them getting somone like Blackmon and an offensive lineman later in the 1st and restocking with potentially 5 of the first 80 picks or so. That's the fast lane to rebuilding.

Every year farther away from that shoulder injury he gets the more I believe in him. I think the Rams could make major waves by pickup up two 1st round picks and a 3rd rounder or so and keeping Bradford. Imagine them getting somone like Blackmon and an offensive lineman later in the 1st and restocking with potentially 5 of the first 80 picks or so. That's the fast lane to rebuilding.

The Rams are going to turn it around. Let's not forget, they've also got a great new head coach. Fisher is a winner.

If the Rams take Blackmon and a lineman or two early, they could see fairly quick results in that division. Next season they get another two first rounders and take two stud defenders. In 3 years we could see a Ram transformation. Good time to be a Ram fan right now.

Is Ditka the gm of the skins now? :doh:

1st round pick, third-, fourth-, fifth-, sixth-, and seventh-round picks in this draft and first- and third-round picks in the 2013 draft.

:overhead:

Is Ditka the gm of the skins now? :doh:

1st round pick, third-, fourth-, fifth-, sixth-, and seventh-round picks in this draft and first- and third-round picks in the 2013 draft.

:overhead:

Wait, I didn't hear they were giving away all their picks this year for RGIII. Where did you read that?

Wow, that's absurd!!! The Skins will have their future QB but will suffer in the meantime.

Wait, I didn't hear they were giving away all their picks this year for RGIII. Where did you read that?

Probably from the mock draft on MSN by Schrager. He has the Skins trading up to 2 and selecting RGIII

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Mock-Draft-post-NFL-Scouting-Combine-Andrew-Luck-Robert-Griffin-III-022812

Sources say the Rams are asking for the equivalent of the No. 1 overall pick in exchange for Griffin. If you reference the tried and true trade value chart, that’s 3,000 points — a whole, whole lot. The ‘Skins — desperate for a franchise quarterback and a return to relevance in the NFC East — could give the Rams the sixth overall pick (1,600 points), their second (520 points) and third (240) round picks, as well as their first-round pick for next year. That’s a king's ransom and should be enough, but if the Rams need a veteran player, the ‘Skins could throw one in the mix, too. RG3 to D.C. Mark it down!

The RAMS should draft RG3 and trade Bradford.

RG3 in that in-door turf field might be simply too good to pass up.

We can't do it. It isn't that we're soooo high on Bradford, it's his cap hit over the next two years that would hurt us. We're already discussing letting Jason Smith go, which will be one huge cap hit and we need to extend a couple players too. Bradford would cost something silly, like $18 million over the next two seasons, against our cap if we trade him. The newspaper here has stated at least one team (most believe Cleveland because Holmgen wanted Bradford badly) has inquired about what it would take to pry Bradford from us. Regardless, the draft will be fun to watch this year!

Wow, that's absurd!!! The Skins will have their future QB but will suffer in the meantime.

I am not so sure the Skins would suffer without the picks. They have plenty of cap room and the rookie wage scale makes signing RG3 much more cap friendly than signing a free agent QB. They could get their signal caller of the future as well as pick up a slew of free agents. They drafted a few decent WR's last year and I think Hankerson could have an impact this season and Niles wasn't "that" bad. Moss is still good enough to play another season (even though he has slowed down) and if Fred Davis can put down the pipe, he may get to play 12 games in 2012. The offensive line is bad, but they are set at Tackle and could sign one of the big name guards (Grubbs/Nicks) if they hit the open market. They have Helu in the backfield.... Talk about a speedy offense! I don't think RG3 makes them an instant Division winner, but it makes them instantly a fun offensive team to watch.

That being said, you know The Rat will be platooning his QB's just to irritate us fantasy owners....