Sign in to follow this  
MDC

What's your average weekly alcohol consumption?

Serious? So getting a buzz on once in a while when you're having a good time is a serious problem? I don't think so.

Well that is where we will differ... I don't see the need...

But to each their own... You need the crutch, I don't...

Well that is where we will differ... I don't see the need...

But to each their own... You need the crutch, I don't...

Ive probably had a grand total of 25 drinks this year. That includes a week in Florida. But I bet at some point I'll have more. And less. Worry about yourself ya fockin Bitty

Well that is where we will differ... I don't see the need...But to each their own... You need the crutch, I don't...

That’s like saying anything you have ever done that’s fun is a crutch. You don’t NEED to do anything but eat food, drink water and sleep. It’s not a crutch, it’s a couple drinks with friends or a night on the town or at a show. Maybe it tastes good or it’s enjoyable to drink. It’s not about some insatiable need to be under the influence.

These conversations sometimes feel like explaining bare bones basic human interactions to an android that has come to life and wants to learn about humans. This aint deep stuff.

That’s like saying anything you have ever done that’s fun is a crutch. You don’t NEED to do anything but eat food, drink water and sleep. It’s not a crutch, it’s a couple drinks with friends or a night on the town or at a show. Maybe it tastes good or it’s enjoyable to drink. It’s not about some insatiable need to be under the influence.

To some people it is...

Yup. It's always great when the teetotalers try to tell those who drink why they drink and how it's a character flaw to do so. I have a friend I met while I was in college and she didn't drink. Finally, around 20 years later she tried it and found out she actually liked it. Now she drinks quite a bit. Hard to say something is bad when you haven't even tried it.

Yup. It's always great when the teetotalers try to tell those who drink why they drink and how it's a character flaw to do so. I have a friend I met while I was in college and she didn't drink. Finally, around 20 years later she tried it and found out she actually liked it. Now she drinks quite a bit. Hard to say something is bad when you haven't even tried it.

I have never told people that they shouldn't drink... If they want to drink, go for it... I have my thoughts and you have yours... Neither one of them is right or wrong...

'I drink to make other people more interesting'

~Ernest Hemingway

a couple of drinks now and then does not equate to a problem or dependence. big difference between want and need.

Average per week is less than 1.. maybe 2-4 a month? :huh:

But when you do, you say mmmmmmm beeeeeeer because you savor every sip of it?

• Like 1

Average per week is less than 1.. maybe 2-4 a month? :huh:

I call bull, you are an admitted chardonnay junkie. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :dunno:

I call bull, you are an admitted chardonnay junkie. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :dunno:

Used to be... I dunno.. almost have lost the taste for anything.. say the last year.

I plead the fifth (of vodka)

None. I don't drink any alcohol.

Had a problem, life choice not to drink or just dont like it?

12 years on and Ive been a pretty consistent 3 light beers per night and 5-6 on Friday and Saturday. Im going to cut back. I had one last night and even with broken sleep I feel like a million today. Id like to go down to 1-2 tops per weekday and no more than 4 on a Friday / Saturday.

Im getting too old for booze. :(

Good choice. You’re moving away from alcohol consumption which may negatively impact your health (so called “at risk” drinking).

Thats like saying anything you have ever done thats fun is a crutch. You dont NEED to do anything but eat food, drink water and sleep. Its not a crutch, its a couple drinks with friends or a night on the town or at a show. Maybe it tastes good or its enjoyable to drink. Its not about some insatiable need to be under the influence.

These conversations sometimes feel like explaining bare bones basic human interactions to an android that has come to life and wants to learn about humans. This aint deep stuff.

Some people think you cannot have fun without alcohol, and non drinkers must be boring. No one is begrudging social drinking, but please STFU with the idea that it is a mandatory component for enjoying life.

No it isn't... If one needs to have alcohol in their life to have a fun time, then there is a serious problem...

You dont need running shoes to run, but it fockin helps.

Ive tried it, and don’t like it. I don’t care if others enjoy it, but nondrinkers are more heavily judged by society than those who do.

please STFU with the idea that it is a mandatory component for enjoying life.

In no way did I say or imply that. So no, I wont stfu. I barely drink at all and only in social situations or with my wife. I just dont like postys robotic stance that any drink at all is some kind of dependency or crutch.

I would like to occasionally treat staff to an outing which involves alcohol, but one co-worker vehemently opposes it so we don't. I was off-site today, work related and a group not involving the staff I speak of, toasted to a co-worker who took another job. If it were at the workplace it would not go over well.

I wish some would realize that while you don't have to partake, alcohol is a decent way to build some team chemistry if not taken overboard. Of course, I've never really tried to quit and struggled either (although not certain that's the issue here).

:dunno:

I would like to occasionally treat staff to an outing which involves alcohol, but one co-worker vehemently opposes it so we don't. I was off-site today, work related and a group not involving the staff I speak of, toasted to a co-worker who took another job. If it were at the workplace it would not go over well.

I wish some would realize that while you don't have to partake, alcohol is a decent way to build some team chemistry if not taken overboard. Of course, I've never really tried to quit and struggled either (although not certain that's the issue here).

:dunno:

As a person, I would never let my sole opinion dictate the actions of a group. That guy can pizz off.

If I said, no one would believe me. But considering the circumstances.... A twelve pack of Kewrs Lite and a half quart of vodka every night. Starts at 4:09 and goes till now.

If I go to the bar... add some. A party......add some.

I don't drink in the morning. The shakes suck. But I deal.

If I said, no one would believe me. But considering the circumstances.... A twelve pack of Kewrs Lite and a half quart of vodka every night. Starts at 4:09 and goes till now.

If I go to the bar... add some. A party......add some.

I don't drink in the morning. The shakes suck. But I deal.

Walk me through the process. Like crack one at lunch then keep a steady routine of one back to back or a couple an hour or so? When do you work in the cocktails? Do you change up the beer brands or stick to one or two kinds?

Walk me through the process. Like crack one at lunch then keep a steady routine of one back to back or a couple an hour or so? When do you work in the cocktails? Do you change up the beer brands or stick to one or two kinds?

Kewrs Lite at 4:30. No cocktails. Pace thyself. The fun at home.

In no way did I say or imply that. So no, I wont stfu. I barely drink at all and only in social situations or with my wife. I just dont like postys robotic stance that any drink at all is some kind of dependency or crutch.

I dont think Posty thinks any amount of alcohol consumption amounts to a crutch. But there are people who believe is is a major part of anything fun, and consequently, non drinkers cant be fun. The STFU was more a general statement to such people, not you specifically.

I dont think Posty thinks any amount of alcohol consumption amounts to a crutch. But there are people who believe is is a major part of anything fun, and consequently, non drinkers cant be fun. The STFU was more a general statement to such people, not you specifically.

You must be so much focking fun at parties.

:lol:

Some people think you cannot have fun without alcohol, and non drinkers must be boring. No one is begrudging social drinking, but please STFU with the idea that it is a mandatory component for enjoying life.

I think its one of those things that neither extreme is particularly ideal. For me anyway.

Yeah, you certainly dont want to be buying your weekly ration of rotgut paint thinner vodka by the case, drinking yourself into a stupor nightly. Thats no good for any number of reasons.

But I personally dont see the advantage of teetotaling either.

I havent had a drink in... hell... a month maybe? And thats a typical month these days. Ill maybe have a beer at a nice restaurant once in a while.

But if Im on vacation, I may have five or six in a night, if were out having fun and dancing or whatever. Or at a wedding or something.

Is alcohol mandatory for a good time? Of course not. But are there occasions when it enhances things? Absolutely.

I think its one of those things that neither extreme is particularly ideal. For me anyway.

Yeah, you certainly dont want to be buying your weekly ration of rotgut paint thinner vodka by the case, drinking yourself into a stupor nightly. Thats no good for any number of reasons.

But I personally dont see the advantage of teetotaling either.

I havent had a drink in... hell... a month maybe? And thats a typical month these days. Ill maybe have a beer at a nice restaurant once in a while.

But if Im on vacation, I may have five or six in a night, if were out having fun and dancing or whatever. Or at a wedding or something.

Is alcohol mandatory for a good time? Of course not. But are there occasions when it enhances things? Absolutely.

Out dancing?

Out dancing?

Pretty rare, but from time to time were in a bar or something somewhere, and she wants to dance.

Isnt that how this usually happens? I have never once in my life gone out looking to dance, but women like it so you do. And if Im gonna do that, Ill be drinking.

Pretty rare, but from time to time were in a bar or something somewhere, and she wants to dance.

Isnt that how this usually happens? I have never once in my life gone out looking to dance, but women like it so you do. And if Im gonna do that, Ill be drinking.

Yeah, I get that. If it's spontaneous, but even then in small doses. Men look ridiculous dancing. It's true.

Yeah, I get that. If it's spontaneous, but even then in small doses. Men look ridiculous dancing. It's true.

Exactly. I know I look ridiculous, thats why I drink while doing it, so as not to give a fock.

There is a window. After 2-3 drinks, Im willing to dance, but hate it. Between 3-8 drinks, I may even enjoy dancing. More than that, and I become a danger to myself and others.

Exactly. I know I look ridiculous, thats why I drink while doing it, so as not to give a fock.

There is a window. After 2-3 drinks, Im willing to dance, but hate it. Between 3-8 drinks, I may even enjoy dancing. More than that, and I become a danger to myself and others.

Dont feel bad. Dancing is fun.

Approximately 1.

That comes out to zero most every day and then once a month going out with friends and having four on that occasion.

I was the same way. Now I just tell my wife slow dances only. I don't mind it actually.

Dont feel bad. Dancing is gay.