Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

TE Jared Cook to Raiders

The Roto blurb says that Cook reportedly turned down a big offer from the Packers.

I'm dumbfounded.

Your career finally catches a little bit of that lightning-in-a-bottle magic....and you don't want to hang around for more ??

The Roto blurb says that Cook reportedly turned down a big offer from the Packers.

I'm dumbfounded.

Your career finally catches a little bit of that lightning-in-a-bottle magic....and you don't want to hang around for more ??

Maybe he was tired of snow. :dunno:

• Like 1

I know I've touted Clive Walford on this bored many times. Not sure this move is an indictment of his chances with the team. Last year Walford was in a nasty ATV accident where he tore up his knee, just before mini camp. It's been thought this injury set him behind, though his year in 2016 fairly mirrored his rookie season.

There's been a lot of talk about Oakland drafting a TE, with Engram being mentioned. I see this move as insurance for Walford, who the team still believes in possibly. Cook will rotate in with him and Lee Smith, the team's blocking TE, probably seeing a lot of work down the field and in the red zone.

Oakland's passing game has revolved around its two excellent WRs and the running backs. Both Wash and Richard are outstanding in the passing game, and even Murray caught 30 passes. Even though Walford had a 63% catch per target ratio, he just didn't see a lot of work. Look for the same with Cook, who will be TD dependent in fantasy leagues. The wildcard is Bill Musgrave's departure, though it's been said that new OC Brian Downing's offense will not change drastically.

Guess he figured with all the wr's they got in GB he certainly wouldn't be the focal point of Rodgers. He didn't have much to work with when with the Rams. Maybe he should stayed in GB. Don't think he'll get a lot more targets in Oakland than he did with the packers. Carr definitely likes to throw the ball so,it might work out for him. He could gone to a lot worse teams as the Raiders are on the rise.

I've been fooled by Cook enough to know that he's nothing more than a 50/600/3 TE.....and that's on a good year.

I would say thats correct.

you guys are looking at this all wrong.

Is it good for cooks? who cares? he sucks.

This is very good for Cooper and Carr.

• Like 1

I agree with you BufordT. Touted to be good with the Rams.,Nope. Did a ltitle with the pack & that musta,been enuff to bamboozle the Raiders to sign him. His best contribution to the Las Vegas Raiders, still sounds weird, will probably be as a blocker helping to keep Carr upright. He's nothing more than a middle of the road TE. He probably,heard,me when I said, "If you can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with Bullshiot". Works in a lot of areas, even for the common man like,me,lol. Ahhh, words,to,live,by. Doc has now left the building do you are all safe now, LOL.

I expected more from him. But he also played on some terrible teams too.

I think he played college and high school ball for some southern schools. Maybe the Arctic tundra in Green bay during December isnt for him. There are some players out there who just cant do that. Maybe he's one of them.

and if you can make big money playing in those conditions or a bit less to play in a warmer city where you also have a good shot at winning, why wouldnt you do the latter and save your body a bit?

of course, I could easily be way off in terms of the rationale. but I think its as good as any other theory out there.