Sign in to follow this  
eagles115

Would you guys veto this trade?

I think what we want is freedom to decide for ourselves what's fair. If TEAM A wants to make the trade and TEAM B wants to make the trade and the intention isn't to defraud the league, what rightful part do you or anyone else have in that? Why doesn't freedom "make sense" to you? Look, I understand why you want to run your league that way and that's fine by me (though I wouldn't stay in such a league). But I think you've seen plenty of people in this post who disagree with you. Just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us morons.

Quick question, out of curiosity ... What do you do when people make (in your opinion) boneheaded draft selections? Do you let them or do you veto their draft selection?

:overhead:

AMEN

The majority of us feel this way, but Mr. all-knowing cbfalcon thinks he's smarter than everyone :lol:

Good luck, I'm glad I don't play in your league.

Blah, blah, go ahead and say because I only have 400+ posts my opinion doesn't matter...........

Do you wanna a cookie for your 4000+ posts??? :thumbsdown:

I have vetoed selections before and made people pick someone else, but not unless the player is taken more than 2 or 3 rounds too early..and never say past the 8th round because it's more open to interpretation at that point.

:thumbsdown:

OK. My work is done here.

How so?

Would you allow someone with the 1st overall pick to take the Lions Defense?

I have vetoed selections before and made people pick someone else, but not unless the player is taken more than 2 or 3 rounds too early..and never say past the 8th round because it's more open to interpretation at that point.

Are you focking serious!?!?!? :thumbsdown:

Are you focking serious!?!?!? :thumbsdown:

It doesn't happen very often. But in my 6 years as a commish, I've maybe had to veto 4 or 5 picks.

People can have different opinions and whatnot, but if you let people do stupid things like draft 6th rounders in the 2nd, it'll throw off the competitive balance of the league. You need to have 12 teams that have a decent shot at the beginning of the season. Otherwise what's the point of a 12 team league?

+1

I was thinking of a great response to all this veto nonsense,but vetoing draft picks is ridiculous. If that's the case, you don't need to draft, just do all your leagues on autopick.

That trade is nowhere near 50/50. He is at least 55/45 and may even be 60/40 in one teams favor.

Thus, you have to veto it. Can't be letting trades like this ruin the competitive balance of the league.

Just out of curiosity, would you let AD for LT go through?

+1

I was thinking of a great response to all this veto nonsense,but vetoing draft picks is ridiculous. If that's the case, you don't need to draft, just do all your leagues on autopick.

I just added up you and djrockstar's post count. It doesn't even add up to half of mine.

Point is, I know how to run a fair league. Autodraft would be stupid. People have differing opinions on things like AJ vs Moss vs Fitz. And all 3 are valid.

But if someone is dumb enough to take a 5th rounder in the 1st, some safeguards have to be in place to maintain the integrity of the league.

How so?

Would you allow someone with the 1st overall pick to take the Lions Defense?

What if someone had wanted to take Ronnie Brown in the first? Shoot, what if someone wanted to draft Steve Smith (NYG) in anything higher than the 8th round? You'd have vetoed those things but you'd have been wrong.

I share your desire to have a competitive league. I want that too. I just think the best path towards that is filling your league with savvy players, not controlling people. The idea that you dictate who people can draft sounds really bizarre to me ... and I don't think you'll find many supporters of that concept here.

It doesn't happen very often. But in my 6 years as a commish, I've maybe had to veto 4 or 5 picks.

People can have different opinions and whatnot, but if you let people do stupid things like draft 6th rounders in the 2nd, it'll throw off the competitive balance of the league. You need to have 12 teams that have a decent shot at the beginning of the season. Otherwise what's the point of a 12 team league?

What's the point of having 12 owners in your league, if you're basically picking all 12 teams for them?

I know I know I dont know $h!t because I only have 300 posts and have only been here for 4 years but OMFG! You CANT be serious. So if I wanted NYG SS say in the 6th round for my WR2 you would have vetoed that because his ADP was 13.2? You sir would have just F0CKED me bad. WOW I have seen some weird commissioners over the last 15 years playing FF but you sir WIN!!!!

Veto trades because of Collusion nothing else. Not 'oh, that's not fair team B will be too good' Boo EFFIN hoo

I just added up you and djrockstar's post count. It doesn't even add up to half of mine.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I'm trying to have a logical discussion with someone who thinks their opinion counts more because they've made more posts. :thumbsdown:

Point is, I know how to run a fair league. Autodraft would be stupid. People have differing opinions on things like AJ vs Moss vs Fitz. And all 3 are valid.

But if someone is dumb enough to take a 5th rounder in the 1st, some safeguards have to be in place to maintain the integrity of the league.

LOL at this. Determining validity of posts, to # of posts. So does that mean that GiantsFan and edjr are the smartest guys here? I've been here 3 years longer than you, but I acually have a life and don't have time for useless post padding.

if i paid to be in a league, wanted to take cedric benson in rd 4, you told me "no he shouldnt be taken until rd 6, 7 or 8", i'd seriously punch you in the face

i realize you're talking about more drastic cases (lions D #1 overall), but it comes down to the same thing...(and no one takes a D #1)...

i take back my communist jab. instead its dictatorship (you're placing your opinion higher than everyone else's and deciding on where to draw the line)

yes, fantasy is about beating someone else & taking their money if they're not smart. you let them screw up or get raped or whatever or else they'll never learn.

tl;dr

Can someone just let me know if anyone was punched in the face in front of their family at any point in this thread? TIA.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I'm trying to have a logical discussion with someone who thinks their opinion counts more because they've made more posts. :headbanger:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he has better taste in music than you too.

I'll need you to name your favorite bands to verify that though. TIA.

if i paid to be in a league, wanted to take cedric benson in rd 4, you told me "no he shouldnt be taken until rd 6, 7 or 8", i'd seriously punch you in the face

i realize you're talking about more drastic cases (lions D #1 overall), but it comes down to the same thing...(and no one takes a D #1)...

i take back my communist jab. instead its dictatorship (you're placing your opinion higher than everyone else's and deciding on where to draw the line)

yes, fantasy is about beating someone else & taking their money if they're not smart. you let them screw up or get raped or whatever oryou else they'll never learn.

ooh ooh your opinion counts because you have 5000 posts... how about that cbfalcon? LOL you are a joke. Not you Quick just making a point to cb...

What if the guy who wanted to take a projected 6th rounder in round two had 4300 posts?

Or the QB he reached for in round 2 threw for 5000 yards?

LMFAO...What is your obsession with Post Counts??? You mentioned it to other posters like 4 times. What does that mean, your a bigger Dork???

LMFAO...What is your obsession with Post Counts??? You mentioned it to other posters like 4 times. What does that mean, your a bigger Dork???

comparing post counts and judging people based on posts counts is against site rules. this guy should be banned.

As for the veto topic................never veto trades unless collusion can be proven 100%

Just out of curiosity, would you let AD for LT go through?

Bump...

I guess cbfalcon has left the building. I really need his opinion on a trade. I want to trade for Derrick Ward. I am willing to give up C Benson. I guess he would veto it since the FFToday pre-season rankings have Ward finishing above

Benson, and I would hate to d!ck the Ward owner like that.

Bump...

I guess cbfalcon has left the building. I really need his opinion on a trade. I want to trade for Derrick Ward. I am willing to give up C Benson. I guess he would veto it since the FFToday pre-season rankings have Ward finishing above

Benson, and I would hate to d!ck the Ward owner like that.

Some of us have lives, thus I can't just sit here and respond to all of you guys illogical ramblings.

I'd never veto a trade because someone was ranked higher. Someone is always ranked higher. I only veto trades that ruin the competitive balance of a league. Why is that so hard to understand?

More so, why would anyone want to play in a league in which half the teams are eliminated from contention by the time the draft wraps up?

I'd never veto a trade because someone was ranked higher. Someone is always ranked higher. I only veto trades that ruin the competitive balance of a league. Why is that so hard to understand?

It's so hard to understand becuase you specifically stated that you would use pre-season rankings to veto the Smith/Buckhalter trade. Did you forget so soon?

RB Rankings

WR Rankings

Buckhalter doesn't even make the rankings.

Steve Smith is 5th overall.

There is your link. Not a fair trade in the least.

It's so hard to understand becuase you specifically stated that you would use pre-season rankings to veto the Smith/Buckhalter trade. Did you forget so soon?

So you think Steve Smith for Cordell Buckhalter is a fair trade?

A perennial pro bowl WR for a a backup RB that will never see another snap in someone's FF starting lineup. You think that's fair?

Some of us have lives, thus I can't just sit here and respond to all of you guys illogical ramblings.

More so, why would anyone want to play in a league in which half the teams are eliminated from contention by the time the draft wraps up?

teams have a right to make any trades they desire. Your league sounds like a bush league full of people who bow before your delusions of importance. :music_guitarred:

Come one bro, tell the truth. YOu run a 6 team league full of 12 year olds that need your supervision.

So ... what you are saying is that without your assistance, HALF the teams in your league would eliminate themselves from contention by the end of the draft?

Either you play with a league of class A morons ... or ... your God complex is bigger than I first anticipated.

Regardless, this thread has absolutely made my day.

So ... what you are saying is that without your assistance, HALF the teams in your league would eliminate themselves from contention by the end of the draft?

Either you play with a league of class A morons ... or ... your God complex is bigger than I first anticipated.

Regardless, this thread has absolutely made my day.

Yeah, this guy sounds like he thinks other people cant think for themselves. Actually he might be right about the idiots in his league. Only a moron would agree to be in a league where some guy played god and ran their teams as if he owned them. What next? This guy going to set their lineups if he thinks they did not do it right?

I have decoded his true identity. Jerry Jones! He must he Jerry Jones, just like jerry runs the cowboys and refuses to let wade do it.

So you think Steve Smith for Cordell Buckhalter is a fair trade?

A perennial pro bowl WR for a a backup RB that will never see another snap in someone's FF starting lineup. You think that's fair?

See there you go with the "living in the past" crap. Smith has way underperfomed his ADP, and Buckhalter is playing above his. It's all about what the value is of the player is going forward. Team A may be thin at RB, but have a great WR corp, and he needs Buckhalter. Smith may be just sitting on his bench. A trade is much more dynamic than looking at past seasons or predictions that are 2 months old. In another thread, you advocate edjr to try to look for underperforming players on other owners rosters to improve his own team. To me, you are advocating edjr to "buy low", but in this thread you come off as saying buying low is a no-no.

LT is another example. You can't base his Week 6 value on him being a Pro Bowler for x number of years. In your league what would his trade value be?

You guys have to stop using the amount of posts on this board as credibility... To be honest anybody using that as an argument has immediately lost any credibility.....

teams have a right to make any trades they desire. Your league sounds like a bush league full of people who bow before your delusions of importance. :music_guitarred:

Come one bro, tell the truth. YOu run a 6 team league full of 12 year olds that need your supervision.

See.... these are the comments that make no sense....

Teams DO NOT have the "right" to make any trades they desire.... There are at least 8 other teams in your league that it could unfairly effect.

If a stupid trade goes through that everybody knows is BS.... (like the op) that makes 1 of the teams stronger than they should be... and coincidentally making a weak team weaker....

So for those of you who don't quite understand the ramifications of this..... let me make it simple.... IT ISN'T F*CKING FAIR for the teams who have already played those teams.....

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he has better taste in music than you too.

I'll need you to name your favorite bands to verify that though. TIA.

This is my band draft. It's a PPR 12 man keeper. Starters in bold.

Jonas Brothers / Michael Jackson

The Flaming Lips / Rihanna / Kellie Pickler / Phil Collins / Bachman Turner Overdrive

Sum 41 / Big Daddy Kane / Barbara Streisand / Styx / Information Society

Danzig

Mariah Carey

How did I do? I'm thinking of packaging Kellie Pickler and Big Daddy Kane for Aerosmith ... but I'm not sure about that Steven Tyler injury.

I'll reply to yours. TIA

This is my band draft. It's a PPR 12 man keeper. Starters in bold.

Jonas Brothers / Michael Jackson

The Flaming Lips / Rihanna / Kellie Pickler / Phil Collins / Bachman Turner Overdrive

Sum 41 / Big Daddy Kane / Barbara Streisand / Styx / Information Society

Danzig

Mariah Carey

How did I do? I'm thinking of packaging Kellie Pickler and Big Daddy Kane for Aerosmith ... but I'm not sure about that Steven Tyler injury.

I'll reply to yours. TIA

F0CKING CLASSIC!!!! Thanks for the :pointstosky:

See.... these are the comments that make no sense....

Teams DO NOT have the "right" to make any trades they desire.... There are at least 8 other teams in your league that it could unfairly effect.

If a stupid trade goes through that everybody knows is BS.... (like the op) that makes 1 of the teams stronger than they should be... and coincidentally making a weak team weaker....

So for those of you who don't quite understand the ramifications of this..... let me make it simple.... IT ISN'T F*CKING FAIR for the teams who have already played those teams.....

When did fantasy football become all about every team being absolutely equal? What's fair about the Raiders being terrible and the Colts being great? When did the merit of a trade have ANYTHING to do with who they have or haven't played prior?

You talk like we're crazy but I kinda think it's the other way around.

I just skimmed through this...

Couple things...

1- I got partially quoted to "prove" someone's point...hahah! Sweeet...i might start trying to do that.

2- I can't believe someone didn't drop a team management question in here.... :pointstosky:

Wow I come home from work and all this chatter loving it.....Ok here goes let me explain it to you in more depth

Team A: I traded with him a couple weeks ago. Gave him Rice/smith and bess for Fitz and addai

His team is 1-4 staring at 10th place out of 12 teams. The owner who is trading Buckhalter for Smith is 5-0. I am 5-0 as well. I am not worried about playin his team at all this week as we battle for the undefeated streak.

But I cant justify the 1-4 team trading away a top 10 wideout for a backup RB when he has Rice, westbrook and Mcgahee. So there is no position of need for him. The team that is 1-4 is a eagles homer and loves all current and ex-eagles. But lets be honest this is Knoshon's team now not C-buck. The other guy in this trade only has LT, Moreno and Buck as his running backs.......Hmm tough decision

Wow I come home from work and all this chatter loving it.....Ok here goes let me explain it to you in more depth

Sorry Eagle ... your thread got hijacked about three pages ago.

Team A: I traded with him a couple weeks ago. Gave him Rice/smith and bess for Fitz and addai

His team is 1-4 staring at 10th place out of 12 teams. The owner who is trading Buckhalter for Smith is 5-0. I am 5-0 as well. I am not worried about playin his team at all this week as we battle for the undefeated streak.

But I cant justify the 1-4 team trading away a top 10 wideout for a backup RB when he has Rice, westbrook and Mcgahee. So there is no position of need for him. The team that is 1-4 is a eagles homer and loves all current and ex-eagles. But lets be honest this is Knoshon's team now not C-buck. The other guy in this trade only has LT, Moreno and Buck as his running backs.......Hmm tough decision

This info would have been helpful in the original post. As I stated, trades have many more dynamics just saying "player A for player B is unfair". Obviously, it's not a case of a whole league thinking that Smith will be a bum all season, and Buckhalter is the only value he can get for Smith. Seeing the RB's that the 1-4 team has, Buckhalter has low value. It would be different if he was trading for Buckhalter as a starter. I'm not saying you should veto it, but if one thinks Smith will get out of his slump, then this trade is tilted heavily to the team recieving Smith. Smith would be an immediate starter for 5-0 team, and Buckhalter probably wouldnt even be a bye week filler for the other.

This info would have been helpful in the original post. As I stated, trades have many more dynamics just saying "player A for player B is unfair". Obviously, it's not a case of a whole league thinking that Smith will be a bum all season, and Buckhalter is the only value he can get for Smith. Seeing the RB's that the 1-4 team has, Buckhalter has low value. It would be different if he was trading for Buckhalter as a starter. I'm not saying you should veto it, but if one thinks Smith will get out of his slump, then this trade is tilted heavily to the team recieving Smith. Smith would be an immediate starter for 5-0 team, and Buckhalter probably wouldnt even be a bye week filler for the other.

Yea its tough decision that i'll sleep on overnight but I am leaning towards vetoing it.....If the team acquiring smith threw in a wideout then it might even it out