Sign in to follow this  
eagles115

Would you guys veto this trade?

Yea its tough decision that i'll sleep on overnight but I am leaning towards vetoing it.....If the team acquiring smith threw in a wideout then it might even it out

:pointstosky:

It was a no brain veto before. But now that we know the rosters, it's beyond being a no brainer. Heck, now even guys like Fircrotcher are going to have to vote for the veto.

:pointstosky:

It was a no brain veto before. But now that we know the rosters, it's beyond being a no brainer. Heck, now even guys like Fircrotcher are going to have to vote for the veto.

Maybe if one team threw in Santa Claus the league could throw snowballs at him.

HTH

This info would have been helpful in the original post. As I stated, trades have many more dynamics just saying "player A for player B is unfair". Obviously, it's not a case of a whole league thinking that Smith will be a bum all season, and Buckhalter is the only value he can get for Smith. Seeing the RB's that the 1-4 team has, Buckhalter has low value. It would be different if he was trading for Buckhalter as a starter. I'm not saying you should veto it, but if one thinks Smith will get out of his slump, then this trade is tilted heavily to the team recieving Smith. Smith would be an immediate starter for 5-0 team, and Buckhalter probably wouldnt even be a bye week filler for the other.

Why would it matter? If the Eagles homer just wants Buck on his team and is 1-4 and wants to enjoy his fantasy season why not allow it?

You guys need a life...

Saying that a trade "disrupts the competitive balance of the league" is an obvious example of someone who lives through fantasy football. I've always said if you know, trust and respect all of the owners in your league then you would never need a veto. Let adults make their own decisions.

ugh i mean this is such a bad question it doesn't even deserve any upper case or punctuation who cares if someone wants to trade steve smith for correll buckhalter even the biggest patriot haters would rather hear me wax poetic about tom brady than listen to another should i veto this trade question about two players that are not that far apart in value and who might have very different values for their respective fantasy teams its so crazy that people still continue to put these dumb ass veto questions on this board i cant believe it maybe im just drunk and angry but i have to say i cant believe there are four pages to this dumb ass question

brady rules

RB Rankings

WR Rankings

Buckhalter doesn't even make the rankings.

Steve Smith is 5th overall.

There is your link. Not a fair trade in the least.

Holy ****, at first I thought you were joking, then I realized there's quite a few idiots in this thread. And I haven't even read the previous 3 pages.

This isn't 2008 - Smith has underachieved and for all purposed Buck has overachieved. Thus, at this point in time - it seems like a good deal and you CAN'T or shouldn't veto it.

I never veto a trade unless its obvious collusion. This isn't. And letting ###### owners like half the ones in this thread is EXACTLY the reason no one votes on trades. :thumbsdown:

ugh i mean this is such a bad question it doesn't even deserve any upper case or punctuation who cares if someone wants to trade steve smith for correll buckhalter even the biggest patriot haters would rather hear me wax poetic about tom brady than listen to another should i veto this trade question about two players that are not that far apart in value and who might have very different values for their respective fantasy teams its so crazy that people still continue to put these dumb ass veto questions on this board i cant believe it maybe im just drunk and angry but i have to say i cant believe there are four pages to this dumb ass question

brady rules

:thumbsdown:

I'm not saying you should veto it,

Falcon, can you not read? I'm not for vetoing. I made my post about fairness of trades so Eagle would have an outside opionion about what people thought of it.

What would your thoughts be if Buckhalter continues to out perform Smith?

I guess I'm just used to playing in leagues where owners actually know something about fantasy football, and not in ones with a commish that thinks that their knowledge is based on # of posts. Oh yeah, let's not forget that you actually veto draft picks. The mere fact that you mention that someone in your league might pick Detroit D in the first, confirms that you play with retards, and you are their leader.

Also, please answer why you advocate buying low in one thread, and not this one. Nevermind. I am done with you. Your retarded mindset will not change. I dont know why I wasted all my time on this. Goodbye.

This has turned into one of the dumbest focking threads ever. But, I don't think my post count is high enough for me to have an opinion.

I didn't read the whole thread...maddening.

CBfalcon, let me ask you one thing:

What is your formula of 50/50 v 60/40 or whatever.

And show me a trade you would approve and apply the above.

And seriously...post count?

That is just asinine.

I didn't read the whole thread...maddening.

CBfalcon, let me ask you one thing:

What is your formula of 50/50 v 60/40 or whatever.

And show me a trade you would approve and apply the above.

And seriously...post count?

That is just asinine.

It's easier to list trades I won't approve of. One of the top WRs in the NFL for a backup RB is a good example.

It's easier to list trades I won't approve of. One of the top WRs in the NFL for a backup RB is a good example.

In other words your ducking the question.

Easy to criticize others when you don't put yourself out there.

Very telling.

Pretty much all I needed to know.

Wouldn't expect anything less from someone with just 4000 posts.

After reading this thread, I can only come to one conclusion.

CBFIAFP

It is every owner's right to manage his or her team as poorly as they wish, and if an owner wants to make a bad move, let them!!! Owners shouldn't have a say in other teams' business, and the only time a trade should be vetoed is if collusion can be proven. Proven--not suspected.

And you keep using this word, "fair." I do not think it means what you think it means...

is this a money league? to those saying let owners manage their own teams and let them make dumb trades and give away their good players must not play for money.

is this a money league? to those saying let owners manage their own teams and let them make dumb trades and give away their good players must not play for money.

Exactly.

This is a decent sized money league. $100. Add/Drops cost $5 and trades cost $10. It gets a little ridiculous when some people are more likely to win the league just because they are willing to spend more money than other players. I don't believe in changing the rules midseason, but I may cap the number of moves a team can make before next season.

Very telling.

Pretty much all I needed to know.

"That's all I needed to know" is code for "I don't really have an intelligent point to make, but by saying this I'll sound confident and people will think I'm winning the debate".

I could just as easily say "You think trading an elite WR for a backup RB is fair? Cool. That's all I needed to know".

Exactly.

This is a decent sized money league. $100. Add/Drops cost $5 and trades cost $10. It gets a little ridiculous when some people are more likely to win the league just because they are willing to spend more money than other players. I don't believe in changing the rules midseason, but I may cap the number of moves a team can make before next season.

"That's all I needed to know" is code for "I don't really have an intelligent point to make, but by saying this I'll sound confident and people will think I'm winning the debate".

I could just as easily say "You think trading an elite WR for a backup RB is fair? Cool. That's all I needed to know".

You still sure Steve Smith is an elite WR? It's exactly why you don't veto a trade. If you are so much smarter than everyone else and able to determine who gets the better end of the deal, why don't you just keep the money since you are the smartest person in the league, and thus, bound to win?

RB Rankings

WR Rankings

Buckhalter doesn't even make the rankings.

Steve Smith is 5th overall.

There is your link. Not a fair trade in the least.

I love how you provided a link to projections from September 8th!!!!. Hahahahahaha.

:wall:

p.s. vetos are for "bags that make girls purty area smell mmm, mmm, good"!