Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

The future of politics

Don't normally post political threads but seeing I'm somewhat of a music fanatic.......

20 years in, Kid Rock, Eminem and ICP are politically relevant — and culturally divided

Politics is completely focking irrelevant anymore. Outside of major national security issues of course. Those can kill us all.

If there is one thing that is plain as day, and should be apparent to both sides, it is that our democracy is utterly broken. It does not relflect in any accurate sense the will of the people.

It is utterly bought and paid for by special interests. If we want to fix this mess, fundamental changes are required to the way we govern ourselves is required. But we lack the will.

• Like 1

Politics is completely focking irrelevant anymore. Outside of major national security issues of course. Those can kill us all.

If there is one thing that is plain as day, and should be apparent to both sides, it is that our democracy is utterly broken. It does not relflect in any accurate sense the will of the people.

It is utterly bought and paid for by special interests. If we want to fix this mess, fundamental changes are required to the way we govern ourselves is required. But we lack the will.

We lack the will and I fear that we lack the way. Couldn't fix it if we tried, imo :(

Any real effort would probably fall under the guise of treason. :thumbsdown:

When the Russian Wall fell, I started the clock on exactly how long we were going to last as a union. Hey, 100,200 years ago there was a reason why we United. It was in everybody's best interest. Unions fail. Republics fail. Hell, if the Roman Empire could fail we sure as hell could.

Our business model isn't working anymore. Hasn't worked for quite some time.

The most basic s***, our infrastructure for example. That's a perfect role of centralized government. Does anybody actually believe we need yet another trillion dollar aircraft carrier rather than to fix our failing Bridges highways and other Transportation hubs? Does anybody really believe that we need to spend as much as or more than the next two dozen countries combined on National Defense?

If this thread really is about the future of American politics, I would have to say that a gradual peeling off of States from the union is our most likely future.

I would have to say that a gradual peeling off of States from the union is our most likely future.

Now that Puerto Rico is bankrupt and a disaster zone, they look like they're all grown up and meet federal standards worthy of that 51st star.

I saw this when it was first published. Kid Rock and Eminem are both Macomb County white trash my age so I can relate to them. much more Kid Rock as I appreciate he's but more rock and country elements in is performances, as opposed to the straight rap which makes Eminem unlinstenable and prone to causing headaches.

As for the Insane Clown Posse freak show, we're trying to trade them to North Korea, Iran, Syria, Somalia or Yemen for a terrorist duo to be named later. We may be able to get the underwear bomber, the guy whose plane landed successfully and only succeeded in frying his balls. He'd wore his bomb underwear for three weeks so Nigeria may be willing to take on the clown posse just to get rid of the stench,

• Like 1