Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NFL rejects player's request to add MD to his jersey name

Is it really that big of difference compared to a player that has II or III in their name?

II, III, Sr, or Jr usually is part of a person's legal name.

MD is a title.

I'll file this under 'who cares' I cant believe someone actually reported this. Must be a slow news day.

I'll file this under 'who cares' I cant believe someone actually reported this. Must be a slow news day.

Did you read the article? (not criticizing, just asking). The writer is clearly an S.J.W., the last line gives it away.

II, III, Sr, or Jr usually is part of a person's legal name.

MD is a title.

This. Though, I would be curious as to why the NFL would take their stance... and I'm thinking that I'd probably agree with it. There very well could be contractual issues. There's also the possibility that the NFL doesn't want to create any loopholes to exploit that could lead to other things. What if another player wants to put something else on the back of his jersey and he says, "well, you let so and so put a title on their jersey, why can't I put this on mine?" Safer just to nip it in the bud and be done with it.

Yeah. Let's start letting guys put whatever personal achievements they want on the back of their jerseys. Brady can put MVP. Someone can put GED, another can put Out of the Closet, A.A., Safe Driver, B.A., B.S., DDS, Cancer Survivor, My Kid is a Junior High Honor Roll Student, World's Best Dad, Highest NFL Paid WR, Mr., Mrs., I Support Hillary in 2020...

Ughh... What next?