Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

2011 rookie RBs

2011 was not a great year to be a rookie RB in the NFL. Some had success, others had injuries, and others could not seem to get it going. Who steps it up in 2012 Mark Ingram, Daniel Thomas, Ryan Williams, Mikel Leshoure, Stevan Ridley, Roy Helu, Jacquizz Rodgers, Demarco Murray, others...?

Who from 2011 are you willing to take a chance on?

Murray looked like a legit #1 if he can stay healthy and Felix doesn't vulture too many carries.

Helu especially and Ridley should both have better situations this year.

Helu looked great I thought. Haven't seen much of Ridley in action.

Besides Murray Helu would be my #2 from this list.

NO's backfield just seems too crowded with Sproles and Thomas for Ingram to be counted on weekly.

I don't trust Detroit's running game at all but they are desperate for someone.

Rodger has snelling in the way still.

Thomas has Bush.

Where is Ryan Williams right now? Zona behind Beanie?

I don't trust Detroit's running game at all but they are desperate for someone.

Please do yourself a favor and DONT TRUST WASHINGTONS RUNNING GAME :wall:

Shanahan is a dirty little ######!! :wall:

True. BUT, they dropped Torain and Hightower looks like a free agent. Shanny also drafted Helu who did look great at the end of the year. Guy was huge pass catcher. Its shaping up to be his show. But we'll see who Shanny brings in.

Anyone remember what happened in week 17 last year? Did Helu get hurt or benched? I know he had some toe injuries.

He went from 20 + carries and crushing it, I'll gather those stats later, to having Evan Royster get 20 and go for 100.

Helu did chip in with 40+ receiving and a td though.

Anyone remember what happened in week 17 last year? Did Helu get hurt or benched? I know he had some toe injuries.

He went from 20 + carries and crushing it, I'll gather those stats later, to having Evan Royster get 20 and go for 100.

Helu did chip in with 40+ receiving and a td though.

Exactly! Royster actually looked good in week 16 & 17 while Helu was out. throw in this quote from Shanny "He just has a knack for finding the right hole," said Shanahan. "He's a very natural running back, he does it with ease."

And you have another headache situation in Shanny's backfield.

Murray and Ridley. Both have big "ifs"--Murray if he can stay healthy, Ridley if he doesn't fumble. But I like their upside a lot, especially Murray.

I'm currently targetting Thomas for a late pick. For some reason I got a feeling that they will end up spilting the work load and by the end of the season Thomas will be gettting the majority of the carries.

Last years draft class of RBs was an enigma as far as rookie year production, but I dont think Im going out on a limb by saying that the 2011 draft will be looked back upon as a very good year for RBs, they jujst havent gotten started yet.

Other than Murray, Helu, Ingram, lets take a look at some of the others drafted with high picks by NFL teams that havent shown FF relevance yet.

2- Ryan Williams - will he beat out Beanie, split carries?

2- Vereen - like Williams, he complicates the Pats backfield with Ridley in the mix.

2- LeShoure - recently indited, red flags early for keeper dynasty owners.

2- Thomas - Sad Rookie year, Reggie is another year older, but found is groove last year. Here is a RB that will be over looked in most drafts, and might be a value later.

3- Green - Deepest of sleepers, most owners forgot him already, but he intrigues me the most, and could be that huge value RB this year.