Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Will we ever be lucky enough to see another Randy Johnson?

No. I make the argument that Randy Johnson had the best season ever. That if he were allowed to pitch from the height that Bob Gibson did in his record breaking year he would have had 500ks that year and an ERA of 1.

No. I make the argument that Randy Johnson had the best season ever. That if he were allowed to pitch from the height that Bob Gibson did in his record breaking year he would have had 500ks that year and an ERA of 1.

What year? 2001?

I always suspected he might be a juicer. In the '95 ALDS he threw 117 pitches on Friday night and comes back Sunday afternoon to throw 44 pitches in three pressure packed innings (9th, 10th, and 1tth) to get the win.

I always suspected he might be a juicer. In the '95 ALDS he threw 117 pitches on Friday night and comes back Sunday afternoon to throw 44 pitches in three pressure packed innings (9th, 10th, and 1tth) to get the win.

I wonder too

Look at his numbers, 99, 2000, 2001 and 2002. Insanity

(pedro was better and a foot shorter)

Or he just wasn't a puzzy. They used to do that all the time back when Cy Young used to pitch 40 complete games a season

Or he just wasn't a puzzy. They used to do that all the time back when Cy Young used to pitch 40 complete games a season

Cy Young - Started 49 with 48 complete games.

Hopefully every time the Tigers make the playoffs, they are lucky enough to come across a Big Eunuch type pitcher who gives up tons of runs before getting yanked in the first or second inning.

What year? 2001?

heck yeah. 372 ks from the shorter mound. Imagine if he could throw downhill from another 6 inches up.

I believe Gibson won 7 consecutive WS games.

All of them complete games.

Thats no joke.

I wonder as well. All these guys today that have been babied on the way up (no curveballs allowed until a certain age, innings limits, etc) and look at all the elbow surgeries.

Thats no joke.

At first that seemed unbelievable, I had to check baseball reference. Lost his first WS start to yankees (only went 8 innings), Won game 5 and 7 that year (1964). Won three against BloSox in 1967. Won games 1 and 4 against tigers in 1968. Lost game 7 that year. ALL complete games except for that first game. Crazy.

Great stat. Should have trusted ya :thumbsup:

• Like 1

At first that seemed unbelievable, I had to check baseball reference. Lost his first WS start to yankees (only went 8 innings), Won game 5 and 7 that year (1964). Won three against BloSox in 1967. Won games 1 and 4 against tigers in 1968. Lost game 7 that year. ALL complete games except for that first game. Crazy.

Great stat. Should have trusted ya :thumbsup:

Hard to trust someone with douche in their name

Johnson's delivery angle and long legs placed very little stress on his arm. He could probably be effective today.

Thats no joke.

Thankfully, he coughed up 4 runs in game 7 in 1968 and ate the loss against the Tigers. Rats ass on the other years vs teams I don't care about and couldn't tell you who they were..

• Like 1

Thankfully, he coughed up 4 runs in game 7 in 1968 and ate the loss against the Tigers. Rats ass on the other years vs teams I don't care about and couldn't tell you who they were..

Denny McLain :Mr-T:

Johnson's delivery angle and long legs placed very little stress on his arm. He could probably be effective today.

He would be the clear #1 Ace on my sorry ass Rangers team.

Denny McLain :Mr-T:

In 1968, McLean became and still remains the only 30 game winner since the 1930s.

But no, he's who took the loss when Gibson beat him in games 1 and 4. McLean came back to win game 6.

It was Mickey Lolich who beat the Cardinals, winning three complete games in 2,5, and 7 that year. Lolich won Game 7 over Gibson on two days rest.

McLean or Lolich started six of the seven games for the Tigers that year.

In 1968, McLean became and still remains the only 30 game winner since the 1930s.

But no, he's who took the loss when Gibson beat him in games 1 and 4. McLean came back to win game 6.

It was Mickey Lolich who beat the Cardinals, winning three complete games in 2,5, and 7 that year. Lolich won Game 7 over Gibson on two days rest.

McLean or Lolich started six of the seven games for the Tigers that year.

Had a baseball game for the PC back in the 80s

It had all the all time great teams.

My 2 favorites to use were the 68 Tigers and 27 yankees.

I know their lineup well.

Mcaullife, Horton, Cash, Wert (I would press WERT) on the keyboard when he got up.

9th inning of game 7 of the 1968 World series. Lolich's 3rd complete game win, his 18th inning pitched on two days rest. Lolich gives an interview at the very end talking about how his arm was shot by the third inning but that had actually helped him to sink the ball.