Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Has there been a worse team to win the (reg. season) NBA Eastern Conference

I kid...but utah isnt letting Hayward get out of utah. Think they can supermax him or something if i recall.

if he doesn't want to stay, he can request a sign and trade and the celtics can pay him supermax as well.

-80- million per year

Anyone in the East who plans on making the finals has about one more year to accomplish it and then the Sixers will have a stranglehold on the conference for years.

God focking dammit newbie...you get off one smart post in this thread i agree with and you cant let it sit there can you? You just gotta open that puddin head of yours and spew out something insane like the Sixers.

Like a god damned arsonist...gets away with it, gets away with it...cant help self....flicks more matches.

:)

God focking dammit newbie...you get off one smart post in this thread i agree with and you cant let it sit there can you? You just gotta open that puddin head of yours and spew out something insane like the Sixers.

Like a god damned arsonist...gets away with it, gets away with it...cant help self....flicks more matches.

:clap:

Trust the process

But seriously, a lot has to do with Embid staying healthy. With him, Simmons, and Saric, they make the playoffs next season. If they hit on their early draft pick this year, they contend for the eastern title in two.

Trust the process

Haha....Embid was funny this year going along with the crowd chanting "Trust the process!!" (Clap...clap...clap clap clap)

They have a decent shot at it. Need some luck. Those OKC teams with Durant Harden and Westbrook Ibaka couldnt do it but had the roster

How long were those 4 actually together?

I guess 3 starting with hardens rookie yr?

Well that went well.

do #1 conference seeds typically get dominated in the 1st game of the conference finals?

Well that went well.

do #1 conference seeds typically get dominated in the 1st game of the conference finals?

That game was an embarrassment to basketball, so, I'd hope not.

That game was an embarrassment to basketball, so, I'd hope not.

I did watch the 1st 7 or 8 mins, these games starts way to late for me to watch.

Olynyk on Lebron worked out well for the Celtics early. Is that the solid coaching I heard about Stevens?

Thomas' contract is up soon, he's going to want a max deal.

Thomas, Heyward and Horford

can they win a title?

depending on who they draft and if Jaylen Brown keeps progressing.

I say yes

Since you don't watch any NBA, your opinion is baseless.

Since you don't watch any NBA, your opinion is baseless.

Olynyk on Lebron was good coaching?

I may have been wrong about 4 Celtics making the Cleveland roster.

Olynyk was not guarding Lebron. Smart was not guarding Love. Those matchups happened due to switches on picks. If you knew basketball, you might know that.

Boston was flat horrific on guarding screens. They didnt fight through or go under to make LeBron shoot, didnt hedge or jump them...it was one of the worst efforts ive seen.

They just lazily switched every time. Thus you got these weird matchups trip after trip. It was really bad.

Boston was flat horrific on guarding screens. They didnt fight through or go under to make LeBron shoot, didnt hedge or jump them...it was one of the worst efforts ive seen.

They just lazily switched every time. Thus you got these weird matchups trip after trip. It was really bad.

They tried to not switch as well, but that resulted in an even quicker basket. Celts looked tired as well.

Olynyk was not guarding Lebron. Smart was not guarding Love. Those matchups happened due to switches on picks. If you knew basketball, you might know that.

3 times in a row down the court :doh:

Almost every trip down the court.

3 times in a row Olynyk was on Lebron who walked in for an easy lay up.

Celtics blow and have no business being a #1 seed.

I remember these as a kid

:D

3 times in a row Olynyk was on Lebron who walked in for an easy lay up.

Celtics blow and have no business being a #1 seed.

I know that you don't follow basketball, but let me explain how the seeding works. It is not voted on. It is purely based on who had the better record in the conference. The Celtics had a better regular season record than the Cavs. So, as a result, they get the #1 seed. Got it?

Now, I don't think that there is anyone that is saying that the Celtics have a better team than the Cavs. It is not even close on paper. However, that has absolutely no bearing on how they do the seeding in the NBA. Now, in college...

I know that you don't follow basketball, but let me explain how the seeding works. It is not voted on. It is purely based on who had the better record in the conference. The Celtics had a better regular season record than the Cavs. So, as a result, they get the #1 seed. Got it?

Now, I don't think that there is anyone that is saying that the Celtics have a better team than the Cavs. It is not even close on paper. However, that has absolutely no bearing on how they do the seeding in the NBA. Now, in college...

Realize the thread you're in?

Has there been a worse team to win the (reg. season) NBA Eastern Conference

Nope. there hasn't

Look up the 2001-2002 New Jersey Nets

Made it to the NBA Finals.

Made it to the NBA Finals.

Oh, so that is the only criteria? Look to the 14-15 Hawks. Same thing. Cavs in 2nd place, but destroyed Atlanta.

There are lots of situations where this happens, but you can go back to listening to the fellowship of the miserable and hop off the bandwagon. We know that you are a pink hat anyway. :lol:

Oh, so that is the only criteria? Look to the 14-15 Hawks. Same thing. Cavs in 2nd place, but destroyed Atlanta.

There are lots of situations where this happens, but you can go back to listening to the fellowship of the miserable and hop off the bandwagon. We know that you are a pink hat anyway. :lol:

Guess what the 14/15 hawks and the celts have in common?

that marshallow sawft stiff Al Horford.

Guess what the 14/15 hawks and the celts have in common?

that marshallow sawft stiff Al Horford.

They have lots of holes in their roster. I was actually fine with them considering Butler for Crowder and the #1 pick. Crowder is a bit player. They have a bunch of 2nd tier players and they are built for the regular season. Need a center and a forward. Not sure that either of those are available in the draft this year. I like how Brown is maturing, but he is still a couple of years away.

They have lots of holes in their roster. I was actually fine with them considering Butler for Crawford and the #1 pick. Crawford is a bit player. They have a bunch of 2nd tier players and they are built for the regular season. Need a center and a forward. Not sure that either of those are available in the draft this year. I like how Brown is maturing, but he is still a couple of years away.

they have the Nets #1 pick next year :lol: nice trade baryshnikov.

Will the Bulls take the #1 this year for Butler or the Pacers take the # this year and next year for Paul George? (assuming he signs with us)

they have the Nets #1 pick next year :lol: nice trade baryshnikov.

Will the Bulls take the #1 this year for Butler or the Pacers take the # this year and next year for Paul George? (assuming he signs with us)

I think that both George and Butler are possibilities for the #1 this year. I don't think that either would require the #1 next year as well. I think that Butler would be on the Celtics right now if there was more certainty that the pick was going to be #1 overall. The rumor was that the Celtics did not want to part with Crowder and the #1 pick for Butler at the deadline and that is just crazy. I would have helped Crowder pack his bags.

I think that both George and Butler are possibilities for the #1 this year. I don't think that either would require the #1 next year as well. I think that Butler would be on the Celtics right now if there was more certainty that the pick was going to be #1 overall. The rumor was that the Celtics did not want to part with Crawford and the #1 pick for Butler at the deadline and that is just crazy. I would have helped Crawford pack his bags.

I like George more, I'd give up both #1s for him (if he signed long term), not Butler.

Realize the thread you're in?

Nope. there hasn't

there have been #1s who have lost in the first round.

They are worse

:doh:

there have been #1s who have lost in the first round.

They are worse

:doh:

Name one that happened in the Eastern Conference when it was a full season?

Being the #1 seed in a strike shortened doesn't tell me anything

Name one that happened in the Eastern Conference when it was a full season?

Being the #1 seed in a strike shortened doesn't tell me anything

second round?

second round?

naturally i am sure a ton have lost in the 2nd round.

This is all semantics

you knew, I knew, everyone knew the celtics are a flawed #1 seed and only the #1 seed because the Cavs didn't care about it

This is all semantics

you knew, I knew, everyone knew the celtics are a flawed #1 seed and only the #1 seed because the Cavs didn't care about it

Truth.

This is all semantics

agree, doesn't make them the worst ever though.

agree, doesn't make them the worst ever though.

I was reacting to them being down 0 - 2 to the freakin Rondo lead Bulls.

If (when) the Cavs win game 2 Bawstan shouldn't even bother getting on the plane for Cleveland

I don't recall anything this embarrassing in my 25-30 years watching the NBA. Boston would have been better off losing a close series to a healthy Rondo led Bulls..

Indiana got swept but, at least they made the games interesting.

I don't recall anything this embarrassing in my 25-30 years watching the NBA. Boston would have been better off losing a close series to a healthy Rondo led Bulls..

Indiana got swept but, at least they made the games interesting.

They did nothing different with on ball screens.....nothing. I can't fathom this at all.