Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

In news that shocks no one -Roseanne

She will be on fox this winter

She meant that she looks like the girl ape from planet of the apes. I can see it.

it doesn't matter what she meant, it only matters what they think she meant.

We are focked. They are winning

• Like 1

Maybe they could change the name of the show to Dan and Roseanne can get hit by a car?

Why should all those people be out of jobs because of one person? Why don't they care about the little people?

Terrible Howard Cosell impersonator

Cancelled.

Yup.

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement.

Especially monkeys that hang out on porches. :lol:

We're taking it back!

Porch Monkey 4 Life

not that I dont agree with ABC pulling Roseanne, but at some point things have to balance out. Trump is called names, made fun of daily on all the networks about his physical appearance and nothing happens

not that I dont agree with ABC pulling Roseanne, but at some point things have to balance out. Trump is called names, made fun of daily on all the networks about his physical appearance and nothing happens

If you want to understand how all of this works in a very simplified manner, here it is....

It's generally ok to punch up. It's generally not ok to punch down.

When trying to determine what is up and what is down, let human history be your guide. Then it's all pretty simple.

If you want to understand how all of this works in a very simplified manner, here it is....

It's generally ok to punch up. It's generally not ok to punch down.

When trying to determine what is up and what is down, let human history be your guide. Then it's all pretty simple.

ok according to that theory then Roseanne, a Jew should be able to say whatever she wants about blacks

If you mean that for example whites can't insult or make fun of minorities at all, I disagree. HOW you insult them, however, matters. Insult a black person for being particularly unintelligent or for saying something stupid (i.e. the 'if I had a son' remark, though I think that one had been beaten to death and beyond), that should be equally fair game to someone doing the reverse. Making insults based on racist stereotypes, that is not cool (likening a black person to an ape, making the slant-eye gesture to mock an asian person, etc).

Roseanne Rocks!

But probably not the best thing to say in these delicate days.

ok according to that theory then Roseanne, a Jew should be able to say whatever she wants about blacks

In Germany, that may be the case. In America, not so much.

In Germany, that may be the case. In America, not so much.

yah if it wasnt for that Germany thing Jews would have a great history :doh:

sorry but in the real oppression olympics, Jews get the gold, no debate. Difference is Jews rise above, blacks blame

• Like 1

One thing for sure... Roseanne hates money. 0 doubt they told her from the start she has 0 leash and one mess up it's done..

I can't imagine being so addicted so social media political banter you are willing to set a pile of millions of dollars on fire

• Like 1

Trump also calls people names, makes fun of people's personal appearance and has done so for a long time. Makes it too easy to say 'this guy is calling someone fat....'.

Also, cmon man, you can't ignore that combover.

Trump also calls people names, makes fun of people's personal appearance and has done so for a long time. Makes it too easy to say 'this guy is calling someone fat....'.

Also, cmon man, you can't ignore that combover.

it's more of a comb back, comb to the side, comb to the front.

an embarrassment of epic proportions

As far as Roseanne, another thing comes into play: intent. This wasn't a comment made in the middle of a comedy set where things being said are generally assumed to be in jest and not personal attacks...it was a comment made in the middle of a political rant, directed at a political party member that she was ranting against. She can claim it was just a joke, but in context it is clearly a personal attack.

If she was a lefty, she would have received a pass...

Keith Olberman just got a promotion.

Jemele Hill was suspended but her show was not cancelled.

They both said stuff as bad if not worse than Roseanne.

I don't care if Roseanne is punished for her remarks, no matter how true they are a person in her position shouldn't say it on Twitter. But if we are going to punish Roseanne then how about holding everyone to the same standards.

Keith Olberman just got a promotion.

Jemele Hill was suspended but her show was not cancelled.

They both said stuff as bad if not worse than Roseanne.

I don't care if Roseanne is punished for her remarks, no matter how true they are a person in her position shouldn't say it on Twitter. But if we are going to punish Roseanne then how about holding everyone to the same standards.

No thanks. I prefer to keep going case by case and using solid judgement and common sense.

I prefer to keep going case by case and using solid judgement and common sense.

Good one. I almost thought you were actually serious.

, if I'm Jeff Foxworthy, I am banging on a few doors right now.

There's a market out there. Rosanna and those Duck Dynasty lunatics proved it. You just need not to be a over the top Nazi and you could make a fortune with low level, unfunny poorly written, predictable schlock.

Hell, there's way too much competition on the left. The bars too damn High. But like I said, if you're Jeff Foxworthy? The world is your oyster right now. Especially at a place like ABC.

Good one. I almost thought you were actually serious.

Jemele Hill was suspended for saying “Change happens when advertisers are impacted. If you feel strongly about JJ's statement, boycott his advertisers." Roseanne said "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=VJ"

SenatorRock says Hill's words were "as bad if not worse than Roseanne".....So yeah, intelligent society is just going to take this case by case instead of Mr Rock's suggestion that we punish Hill equally or worse. Thanks.

Jemele Hill was suspended for saying “Change happens when advertisers are impacted. If you feel strongly about JJ's statement, boycott his advertisers." Roseanne said "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=VJ"

SenatorRock says Hill's words were "as bad if not worse than Roseanne".....So yeah, intelligent society is just going to take this case by case instead of Mr Rock's suggestion that we punish Hill equally or worse. Thanks.

Well, look at that, you got me.

Except that makes my point even stronger. Jemele was not even suspended, she was merely given a "warning" for her bigoted tweet about Trump.

And here is just a sampling of deranged Olberman who was given a pass and promotion:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeYsghqW0AAyq73.jpg

And here is just a sampling of deranged Olberman who was given a pass and promotion:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeYsghqW0AAyq73.jpg

Yeah, I'm not going to defend Roseanne, she dug her own grave. You simply can't tweet that out without repercussions.

HOWEVER, holy fock, after reading that link. Keith Olberman is batshiit crazy. That doesn't jive with ABC's response of...……."Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement."

Me thinks its not only what people say, but who (as in which side of the aisle they are) matters some too. ABC / ESPN is just fine and dandy with all those tweets.

Yeah, I'm not going to defend Roseanne, she dug her own grave. You simply can't tweet that out without repercussions.

HOWEVER, holy fock, after reading that link. Keith Olberman is batshiit crazy. That doesn't jive with ABC's response of...……."Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement."

Me thinks its not only what people say, but who (as in which side of the aisle they are) matters some too. ABC / ESPN is just fine and dandy with all those tweets.

Hard to square Olberman's tweets with that ABC/Disney statement. Only difference is those tweets were pre-ESPN employment(I think...), might be the window that ABC/Disney tries to climb through. :dunno:

Olbermann is a massive who shouldn't be employed anywhere. Hopefully he f*cks up one more time on Twitter and gets sh*t canned.

What did her tweet say? I missed it.

They shoulda killed off her character and kept the show.

That could have been awesome. Give her the South Park Chef treatment.

They should have won the lottery, and Dan immediately leaves her for a liberal, and the kids go with him.

The show would have tanked...

Of course the leftist retard brigade is blaming Trump for what Roseanne said.

Watch Netflix or another network pick it up. You don’t leave ratings like that on the bathroom floor.

So predictible.

ABC went all in on this show after a couple weeks. And then the ratings started to tank and they needed an out..

She gave them the out.

I said this would happen. Just didn't figure shed make it so easy

Of course the leftist retard brigade is blaming Trump for what Roseanne said.

Nah. Trump didnt make Roseanne and 60% of the posters here racists. He just heavily contributed to their the false confidence that intelligent society would cede and allow racism to ultimately win out.