Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

California fires...part deux

Sucks

But when the environemtalists dont let you burn all the brush... this is what you get.

Controlled burns would eliminate most if their problems

• Like 1

It's obvious even God hates California. I mean, He's withheld rain, set them on fire. Next up will be the earthquakes.

Sinners.

Just saw a video a buddy sent while driving into the area. It's shot at dusk, and it looks like a scene from Apocalypse Now. He says this is no joke; the sht is very near the city.

Chelsea Handler found out why its on fire. Take a guess.

Just saw a video a buddy sent while driving into the area. It's shot at dusk, and it looks like a scene from Apocalypse Now. He says this is no joke; the sht is very near the city.

No way you have a buddy

• Like 1

Its tough being the only state that matters, this is like a handicap and we still blow the rest away.

You should worry about blowing that homeless poo off the sidewalk.

Its tough being the only state that matters, this is like a handicap and we still blow the rest away.

when it mattered you didn't matter :)

Any minute now college professors will come out and say these fires are karma for California/Hollywood and their sexual assaults. Just like they did with Houston and Hurricane Harvey.

Yea...gonna go ahead and say a big fat no to that one. That state is horrible. Nice scenery but sh1t place to live thanks to the people there. For every nice person you have at least 1000 others there who make life unbearable.

Yea...gonna go ahead and say a big fat no to that one. That state is horrible. Nice scenery but sh1t place to live thanks to the people there. For every nice person you have at least 1000 others there who make life unbearable.

People pay the highest prices in the world to live in CA. By itself it’s something like the 6th biggest economy in the world or something insane like that. The rest of the country could disappear and CA wouldn’t even notice for a month.

Appreciate the effort kid, but you can go ahead and leave this battle up to the states that matter. We'll let you know if you can help.

Appreciate the effort kid, but you can go ahead and leave this battle up to the states that matter. We'll let you know if you can help.

Yawn. NY is the same. Good to visit. Sh1t to live in.

People pay the highest prices in the world to live in CA. By itself its something like the 6th biggest economy in the world or something insane like that. The rest of the country could disappear and CA wouldnt even notice for a month.

Yea until they need money or people to come in to help fight the fires. Problem with you people is you think your place is the best place when in fact it isnt.

I'm surprised a super hero hasn't saved the place

:lol:

You should be ashamed of yourself. A little compassion would not kill you. The fires are scary and serious.

Ill give it to NY, its in the same ballpark as CA for relevance. Ask random people in other countries to name as many states as they can and they will say California, New York and umm...coca cola? Is that a state? Michael Jackson?

You should be ashamed of yourself. A little compassion wound not kill you. The fires are scary and serious.

I'm sure they are, but I feel no shame :(

Maybe Batman will be by to help out ?

Prayers for everyone in the Los Angeles area.

Been more than enough tragedy in this horrible year.

• Like 1

Typical of this bored. People's lives and homes at stake for God's sake. No where is this ok whether you have family there or not.

fire is like rain, it happens.

i'm sure all the home owners have insurance, no one is going to die unless its their fault.

so, some wifey gets all bent out of shape because her great great gradma's quilted pillow got incinerated.

boo hoo. :rolleyes:

Typical of this bored. People's lives and homes at stake for God's sake. No where is this ok whether you have family there or not.

that's hot

Yea until they need money or people to come in to help fight the fires. Problem with you people is you think your place is the best place when in fact it isnt.

I don't think California is "the best" on several fronts (it's the worst on a couple) and it's always moving to see crews come in from other states, and our crews going to other states. I'm sure every state in the nation is commendable for that relative to their capability to help. California is the best on the front of a diversity of interesting landscapes, with several beautiful ones, and somehow offering all of them in spite of the whole gigantic swath of the fertile central valley being a visual snooze fest.

I don't think California is "the best" on several fronts (it's the worst on a couple) and it's always moving to see crews come in from other states, and our crews going to other states. Every state in the nation is commendable for that relative to their capability to help, I'm sure. California is the best on the front of a diversity of interesting landscapes, with several beautiful ones, and somehow offering all of them in spite of the whole gigantic swath of the fertile central valley being a visual snooze fest.

Well heres someone with a common sense point a view.

Here's a tip. Don't build in hillsides covered with brush.

Would you like me to direct you to some other boards? :)

I don't think California is "the best" on several fronts (it's the worst on a couple) and it's always moving to see crews come in from other states, and our crews going to other states. I'm sure every state in the nation is commendable for that relative to their capability to help. California is the best on the front of a diversity of interesting landscapes, with several beautiful ones, and somehow offering all of them in spite of the whole gigantic swath of the fertile central valley being a visual snooze fest.

Great economy.

Beautiful state (much of it).

Geographic diversity unlike any other.

It is a great state, and the fact you dont realize it makes me think you havent been many other places.

Would you like me to direct you to some other boards? :)

no need. I have them bookmarked. I only check in these days to see how Ron is doing. I make the mistake of responding in other threads..

Great economy.

Beautiful state (much of it).

Geographic diversity unlike any other.

It is a great state, and the fact you dont realize it makes me think you havent been many other places.

In raw terms it is a great state, and being to other states hits it home more. Natural resource rich, and the diverse beauty previously mentioned. I've spent some time in SC, a bit of time in Texas, and a bit of time in WA. Been through 14 states.

Yeah but they aren't here reading.... they have fire damage shiit to do.

In raw terms it is a great state, and being to other states hits it home more. Natural resource rich, and the diverse beauty previously mentioned. I've spent some time in SC, a bit of time in Texas, and a bit of time in WA. Been through 14 states.

Okay thats my point.

Its easily one of the top states.

Yeah I know youre b1tching about politics but honestly, how much does that really matter?

Alaska is conservative as hell. I am not. Still a great state :dunno:

Okay thats my point.

Yeah I know youre b1tching about politics but honestly, how much does that really matter?

When talking to someone about the idea that residents of a state have a complex about their state being the best, giving a down to earth assessment helps reinform that perspective. Context, Mr. Contrarian.

Side note: I don't think it's possible (definitely not for me at least) to think a state is the best, when everything gets balanced out. The aspect of best (geographic diversity) that I'm used to with CA is hard to part with though. I could do it but would def. look forward to visiting a few different spots when possible.

Okay thats my point.

Alaska is full of a-holes though, so it balances things out. You still fit in.