Sign in to follow this  
edjr

How much gas does a typical NASCAR race waste?

Seriously?

If we ever have a fuel crisis, will NASCAR not be able to run?

I've always wondered this. Each car makes, what, 3, 4 pit stops that include a refuel? I bet it's a lot.

I've always wondered this. Each car makes, what, 3, 4 pit stops that include a refuel? I bet it's a lot.

I bet it is too. Plus, I highly doubt these cars get very good gas mileage, especially the way they drive them.

Seriously?

If we ever have a fuel crisis, will NASCAR not be able to run?

Not to mention the amount of tires as well.

But there is no way any govt official could go after them...the souther necks would come out in droves to vote against anyone who went after the "sport".

It's a business. The fuel expenditure is minimal. How much income does the average Nascar race bring into a community?

Besides, you clowns are whining about 40 cars driving 500 miles and fail to realize some of the races attract 250,000 people who travel up to hundreds of miles to get to the race. :lol:

i thought the cars ran on moonshine... :wub:

About the same amount of gas it takes to fly the Red Sox to Oakland for a 3 game series.

About the same amount of gas it takes to fly the Red Sox to Oakland for a 3 game series.

:wub:

Finally a post of common sense.

About the same amount of gas it takes to fly the Red Sox to Oakland FOCKING JAPAN for a 3 game series.

fixed.

It's a business. The fuel expenditure is minimal. How much income does the average Nascar race bring into a community?

Besides, you clowns are whining about 40 cars driving 500 miles and fail to realize some of the races attract 250,000 people who travel up to hundreds of miles to get to the race. :doublethumbsup:

I'm sure you're right along with them, dragging your sister/wife with all 10 kids.

Why does a certain portion of US degrade and hate on NASCAR? If you don't enjoy a certain sport or game then why not just ignore it instead of trying somehow make up things like freakin' the fact that gas is used, or pulling out the redneck jokes? Half the drivers are from other parts of the country anyway. California, Las Vegas, ect.

I don't like volleyball, but I don't talk about how these homo's and dykes need to just go away. I just don't pay any attention. These antics are a very weird phenomenon to me. :doublethumbsup:

This conversation is OVER

Why does a certain portion of US degrade and hate on NASCAR? If you don't enjoy a certain sport or game then why not just ignore it instead of trying somehow make up things like freakin' the fact that gas is used, or pulling out the redneck jokes? Half the drivers are from other parts of the country anyway. California, Las Vegas, ect.

I don't like volleyball, but I don't talk about how these homo's and dykes need to just go away. I just don't pay any attention. These antics are a very weird phenomenon to me. :ninja:

I don't hate Nascar.

I just wonder how it and all car racing does not come under more scrutiny for the fuel and tire costs.

And for those that talk about other sports team's traveling...you do realize that these racers and their teams and families and oh yeah...the cars and equipment have to get from race to race right? Then on top of that they use up alot of fuel and rubber running the races.

This conversation is OVER

Except that they only played 2 games....and does anyone really think the gas used for that is even close to as equal as to what a Nascar event uses?

Except that they only played 2 games....and does anyone really think the gas used for that is even close to as equal as to what a Nascar event uses?

Come on dude you cannot be serious with this. Listen I like when people think outside the box on things and I give you and edjr an A for effort on this, but you get a F for execution. This is a swing and a miss.

EXCEPT every team plays 162 games and not in the same place. if you want to compare apples to apples, you'd have to take the costs of an entire week of the entire MLB schedule vs. a race. which do you think costs more?

EXCEPT every team plays 162 games and not in the same place. if you want to compare apples to apples, you'd have to take the costs of an entire week of the entire MLB schedule vs. a race. which do you think costs more?

Id say its pretty close.

Its not just about cost though.

Its about fuel consumption...there are how many Nascar teams?

And then you have practice time, qualifying...getting the entire teams, drivers, cars, equipment all to each place.

You have fuel, tires...and so on.

I would think auto racing is actually ahead of most sports (including baseball) in the amount of fuel they use.

And don't get me wrong...Im not complainging about it...its entertainment. I am just saying I am slightly surprised it does not get brought up much.

Though, as I mentioned, the southern necks would raise hell and any politician that would bring it up would be committing political suicide in the south.

Id say its pretty close.

Its not just about cost though.

Its about fuel consumption...there are how many Nascar teams?

And then you have practice time, qualifying...getting the entire teams, drivers, cars, equipment all to each place.

You have fuel, tires...and so on.

I would think auto racing is actually ahead of most sports (including baseball) in the amount of fuel they use.

And don't get me wrong...Im not complainging about it...its entertainment. I am just saying I am slightly surprised it does not get brought up much.

Though, as I mentioned, the southern necks would raise hell and any politician that would bring it up would be committing political suicide in the south.

it doesn't get brought up because like EVERY professional sport there a HOOGE costs involved but they bring in even HOOOGER profits. it's really pretty simple.

To answer edjr's original question. The Nascar racecars use up about 6000 gallons on a typical race weekend.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/speed/arti...scargas-ON.html

NASCAR officials estimate their sport consumes about 6,000 gallons of specially refined racing fuel during a typical race weekend, including practice sessions, qualifying and the race

To answer edjr's original question. The Nascar racecars use up about 6000 gallons on a typical race weekend.

Yes, but each sponsor has purchased plent of "carbon offsets" to make up for it, so it's all better now.

it doesn't get brought up because like EVERY professional sport there a HOOGE costs involved but they bring in even HOOOGER profits. it's really pretty simple.

Who is complaining about costs?

I have not said one thing about monetary costs.

I am talking about fuel comsumption and tire usage?

Im talking about being surprised Al Gore and the environment police have not jumped on this...and frankly other sports.

And before a few of the hacks jump in...Im not saying someone should jump in and it needs to be stopped...so just stop before you start.

Yes, but each sponsor has purchased plent of "carbon offsets" to make up for it, so it's all better now.

There was a local columnist that did a story that if Spitzer had purchased his "hooker offset credits" that he would have fine.

While we're on NASCAR according to a film I reluctantly went to see at IMAX called The NASCAR Experience,

"NASCAR drivers are some of the most well tuned athletes in the world."

Man did I catch hell from some NASCAR fans on bringing that up for discussion later in the day.

It takes about 8000 gallons of fuel for one large aircraft to fly across the country.

Thus proving that 450 normal people can traverse the entire breadth of the country using roughly the same amount of time and fuel it takes a couple dozen rednecks to drive in circles the whole afternoon. :D

Thus proving that 450 normal people can traverse the entire breadth of the country using roughly the same amount of time and fuel it takes a couple dozen rednecks to drive in circles the whole afternoon. :D

That is funny and all, but the point of this is the NBA and MLB ziz zag across the country weekly via airplanes. The fuel cost for that is equal to or exceeds that of how much NASCAR uses on a weekly basis even given the fact that fuel is used during their sport. HTH

While we're on NASCAR according to a film I reluctantly went to see at IMAX called The NASCAR Experience,

"NASCAR drivers are some of the most well tuned athletes in the world."

Man did I catch hell from some NASCAR fans on bringing that up for discussion later in the day.

If by well tuned you mean good and drunk, I acree :D

That is funny and all, but the point of this is the NBA and MLB ziz zag across the country weekly via airplanes. The fuel cost for that is equal to or exceeds that of how much NASCAR uses on a weekly basis even given the fact that fuel is used during their sport. HTH

For just the race and practice.

Add up what it costs to get them to the tracks (drivers, teams, cars, parts...)

Then you have the tire cost as well.

And im not talking $$$ cost.

What a sniveling, whiny little biotch you are. I'm shocked you aren't demanding to know how many foul balls there are in a typical MLB game so you can cry about all the baby cows that have to die so they can put covers on all those baseballs.

They drive a trailer with the Cars in it to the other races. Go ahead and add that too then, its still about the same to other sports. whatthefockever.

Well for focks sake, then lets get the MLB's farm teams involved too with all their traveling. Spring training fuel costs, ect. Jeesus man are you just fishing? :overhead:

They drive a trailer with the Cars in it to the other races. Go ahead and add that too then, its still about the same to other sports. whatthefockever.

Well for focks sake, then lets get the MLB's farm teams involved too with all their traveling. Spring training fuel costs, ect. Jeesus man are you just fishing? :overhead:

no, he's just wondering why no one ever whines about all the ECO harm nascar is doing to the environment as he whines a loud.

Refixorated.

Why do you always have to peter up a thread by throwing in some political comment?

What a sniveling, whiny little biotch you are. I'm shocked you aren't demanding to know how many foul balls there are in a typical MLB game so you can cry about all the baby cows that have to die so they can put covers on all those baseballs.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I said I find it interesting...I have said over and over that Im not against it.

But its no shocker you had no clue what was being said here...nor that you even try to address the topic with anything of substance.