Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Rae Carruth released from prison after 18 years

"Former NFL wide receiver Rae Carruth was released from prison Monday after serving more than 18 years for conspiring to murder the mother of his unborn child."

"Carruth did not speak to reporters on as he left the prison wearing a knit cap and an unzipped jacket on a chilly morning with temperatures in the high 30s. There was a smattering of applause as Carruth got into a white SUV and was whisked away from the prison."

Ok. So he served his time and is getting out of jail. Fine. But, why is he getting an applause? Oh, and thanks for the weather update. i was wondering about that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000977359/article/rae-carruth-released-from-prison-after-18-years

Wow. Stories like this make you realize how quickly time goes by and how old you are. Can't believe that was almost 20 years ago.

Because being held accountable is unfair in the minds of certain segments of our society, and those same elements will celebrate when evil is rewarded.

I don't understand how conspiracy to commit murder is not the same as murder if the murder was actually carried out. I would think a conspiracy charge would only be given if the murder is never acted upon or failed.

Also the kid was born while the mother was in a coma, and the kid was brain damaged.

How is that not a death penatly?

"the baby, named Chancellor Lee Adams, survived, but suffered permanent brain damage and cerebral palsy due to being without oxygen for 70 minutes before he was born"

Wow. Stories like this make you realize how quickly time goes by and how old you are. Can't believe that was almost 20 years ago.

This. I feel old as hell reading this.

If he doesn't have money saved up from his playing days he will probably commit more crimes and wind up back in jail imo.

So, is he safe to start this Sunday or should I take a wait and see approach?

The Cowboys should let us know within a week

Belichick would take a chance on him. He could share a room with Josh Gordon.

You can have an Aaron Hernandez or a Josh Gordon or a Rae Carruth on your team.... but you can't have two of them or they'll hang out together in a downward spiral.

You can have an Aaron Hernandez or a Josh Gordon or a Rae Carruth on your team.... but you can't have two of them or they'll hang out together in a downward spiral.

Hence why Cleveland got rid of him. They already have a Gordon in Callaway.

Couldn’t believe it when I saw this. I remember when he went away like it wasn’t that long ago. Time goes by fast in retrospect.

The Cowboys should let us know within a week

I hear they just offered Carolina a 2nd round pick. :doh:

TMZ reported that the NFL has blocked fans from buying jerseys with Carruth’s name on the back. When you go to the official NFL online shop and try to personalize a Panthers jersey with Carruth’s name and number (89) on the back, you get an error message that says “We are unable to customize this item with the text you have entered. Please try a different entry.” According to TMZ, Carruth joins Aaron Hernandez and O.J. Simpson on NFL’s blocked names list.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-wont-allow-fans-buy-rae-carruth-jerseys-201946953.html

Who the hell would buy a jersey with is name on it.......christalmighty people....

I don't understand how conspiracy to commit murder is not the same as murder if the murder was actually carried out. I would think a conspiracy charge would only be given if the murder is never acted upon or failed.

Also the kid was born while the mother was in a coma, and the kid was brain damaged.

How is that not a death penatly?

"the baby, named Chancellor Lee Adams, survived, but suffered permanent brain damage and cerebral palsy due to being without oxygen for 70 minutes before he was born"

X

I really hoped he died in prison.

Same. Now I read that he wants to seek custody of his kid, the one who has cerebral palsy because of what he did to the mom.....OMFG

Same. Now I read that he wants to seek custody of his kid, the one who has cerebral palsy because of what he did to the mom.....OMFG

Think hes going to finish the job?

Think hes going to finish the job?

No, but there is something not right about him taking custody of this kid, i hope he is unable to pull it off....

No, but there is something not right about him taking custody of this kid, i hope he is unable to pull it off....

Im assuming thats not going to happen. Especially since his kid would be 17 or older by now?

I really hoped he died in prison.

he did. this is a replacement to upset twitter

Im assuming thats not going to happen. Especially since his kid would be 17 or older by now?

I guess he is likely at least 19? But requires constant care, not like he can operate on his own, what i read suggested that this Sh1tbag wants to take over, I hope they block that, and bet they will

Where is Rae Carruth's Limo Driver?

Where is Rae Carruth's Limo Driver?

:mellow:

I don't know how you can lump Josh Gordon in the same category as Hernandez and Carruth. Gordon has harmed himself with substance abuse. The other two were responsible for ending other peoples lives. Gordon has more in common with Lawrence Taylor and Ricky Williams.