Sign in to follow this  
peenie

What time do you eat dinner?

And who usually prepares dinner?

TIA

I eat late - usually between 8 and 9.. I cook at least 3-4 times a week, eat out the rest.

mormally 5-6 I do all the cooking, my wife does al the cleaning

But all that goes out the window when were on the run with various sports practices, meetings and volunteer activities.

I usually cook 2-3 complete meals on Sat or Sun for the coming week.

When I feel I have energy I'll cook simple dishes and freeze for days I won't feel like doing anything. Love Xmas. Lots of delicious persian dishes gets sent over. Absolute heaven.

• Like 1

Artista, you're Iranian?

depends on the day and what activities we are running off to. sometimes i cook. sometimes we grab something out. we try for 5-6.

Persian dishes?

What? Can't get any good Ottoman food?😉

If Im not mistaken, Persian is an ethnicity, one of several that make up Iran. Medes I think is another? I dunno.

Between 5:30 and 7:00, I cook about 50% of the time, my wife cooks 25% of the time, and one of our bad habits is ordering takeout about 2 nights a week.

Late.

I don't typically get home till 6:30.

Anywhere from 7:30 to 8:30 for a myriad of reasons

typically in bed by 10. sometimes 9

5-6

I prepare if the wife is working. Wife prepares if she isn't.

And to answer your next question Peenie, you can stop by for dinner any evening.

I get home from work and play with the kids until I put them to bed 7:30-8. Then I cleanup he house and eat. 8:30ish

yes

Cool. I'm part Christian Lebanese. We could have a war.

Also favorite dishes are Kibbeh (raw), Lamb and Beans, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Tabouli, Flat Bread and Garlic sauce.

I get home from work and play with the kids until I put them to bed 7:30-8. Then I cleanup he house and eat. 8:30ish

You should feed them also, they won't last long if you don't...

:P

Eat around 5:30 - 6 most nights, wife cooks, I do when she works late. We eat out on Saturday nights and the occasional week night depending on sports for my son (high school freshman).

My wife plans the meals for the entire week on Sunday, do pretty well sticking to it. My kid is a freak about eating, extremely health and diet conscientious, we've always eaten pretty healthy but, he has really raised the bar.

You should feed them also, they won't last long if you don't...

:P

Eat around 5:30 - 6 most nights, wife cooks, I do when she works late. We eat out on Saturday nights and the occasional week night depending on sports for my son (high school freshman).

My wife plans the meals for the entire week on Sunday, do pretty well sticking to it. My kid is a freak about eating, extremely health and diet conscientious, we've always eaten pretty healthy but, he has really raised the bar.

My kids eat dinner at 5:30, I usually get home 6-6:30 so its jump into entertainment, give wife a break

Whenever my wife and I are both home, usually between 8-10 pm. She washes it most of the time, and I eat her out far more often than I probably should.

When we get hungry,the mrs and I rarely eat together and if we do it's because I've gotten the energy to prepare a meal.Most of my dinners consist of a cold sammich,can of soup,something like that while watching tv.

Whenever your ( Insert Mom, girlfriend, wife, daughter) brings it out.

**Requisite FFTODAY post**

6ish.....I cook every meal.

Right about 6. My wife cooks probably 60% of the time with myself or a restaurant cooking the other 40%.

Between 5:30 and 7:00, I cook about 50% of the time, my wife cooks 25% of the time, and one of our bad habits is ordering takeout about 2 nights a week.

I was reading an article in the New York Times based on a study that said the two material things most upper middle class families can do to increase their happiness are 1) hire a maid and 2) get more takeout. Those save you a lot of time and stress so you get much more bang for your buck than buying new crap or whatever.

In other words: its probably a good area to splurge a bit

I was reading an article in the New York Times based on a study that said the two material things most upper middle class families can do to increase their happiness are 1) hire a maid and 2) get more takeout. Those save you a lot of time and stress so you get much more bang for your buck than buying new crap or whatever.

I would agree. Time is invaluable. Wife is happy to have a cleaning lady.

Eating out a lot isn't good for you. Practically everything has something high in it. Best to prepare your own dishes. Both can help. I have a housekeeper so I agree on getting rid of cleaning well yourself. There's nothing fun in cleaning unless you're ocd but making simple quick meals can be fun.

what time do you part your knees?

We've been talking about getting a cleaning service; we used to have one but stopped it back when I was out of work. But now my wife is working as well and we just can't keep up with the cleaning.

For meals though, she loves to cook. It is a hobby for her, an enjoyment. Her birfday is Thursday and she is going to cook for the 5 of us (lamb); she would rather do that and have a nice bottle of wine at home than go out in most cases. Although, we are doing a staycation at a local resort on Friday where we'll obviously eat out. And fock like rabbits. Old rabbits, but rabbits dadblammit! :thumbsup:

I eat when I am hungry. But the most likely dinner time is 6-7. I'm a decent cook, and actually like cooking on the weekends.

My wife asked me last night about having a cleaning lady come in once a week.

Whats the going rate to clean an average geeks estate? (Just the main house. Not the guest house, pool house, doll house, tree house and hen house).

We try to eat early. Usually between 5 and 7.

My wife does most of the cooking but I pitch in a couple times a week.

My wife asked me last night about having a cleaning lady come in once a week.

Whats the going rate to clean an average geeks estate? (Just the main house. Not the guest house, pool house, doll house, tree house and hen house).

This could vary significantly.

Ours charges $15 per hour. She comes in every 2 weeks for 6 hours. We provide all cleaning supplies.

We had a house cleaning company come in twice. They charged $20 per hour per person. We had 2 people and they were both at our house for 6 hours. They did a terrible job and got the same amount done as the 1 lady we have now.