Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

A.J. Green or Brandon Marshall?

Who would u rather have in ppr? A common decision in the early 3rd round when drafting near the top. Thanks!

I like Marshall better just because I think he has 90+ to even 100+ catch ability. I like AJ Green a lot but I'd be surprised if he tops 75-80 receptions.

I would go with Marshall.

When he and Cutler were together in Denver (although with a different offense, ect...) Marshall had 100 catch seasons.

Green. He will be monster this year.

I am happy to see green catch that 50 yard td as his stock is back to where it was, overrated. He will have a few big games but i like consistency. Bmarsh in ppr will be much more consistent. They will be closer in non ppr but i still like bmarsh. I am excited ti see the bears finally get a legit wr.

Put me down for in the Marshall camp on this one as well, although it's close. The determining factor for me is Green has 4 games vs the Ravens/Steelers that have the potential to really dull his stats. Marshall plays 6 games vs Green Bay, Detroit and Minnesota and with each having the potential to be high scoring.

Put me down for in the Marshall camp on this one as well, although it's close. The determining factor for me is Green has 4 games vs the Ravens/Steelers that have the potential to really dull his stats. Marshall plays 6 games vs Green Bay, Detroit and Minnesota and with each having the potential to be high scoring.

Marshall is a beast. He can be a headcase too but he'll have More redzone ops I think as well. If he stays quiet, listens, and doesn't talk back, he can have a huge year. Isn't Green in his sophomore year? Some say thats a redflag. But Dalton does has a rocket arm and green can fly. Draft Buddy has Green 10 spots higher on the WR rankings.

Crap shoot,

Good luck with either

Marshall is a beast. He can be a headcase too but he'll have More redzone ops I think as well. If he stays quiet, listens, and doesn't talk back, he can have a huge year. Isn't Green in his sophomore year? Some say thats a redflag. But Dalton does has a rocket arm and green can fly. Draft Buddy has Green 10 spots higher on the WR rankings.

Crap shoot,

Good luck with either

Dalton has anything but a rocket arm.

Andre the Giant is one of my favorite players in the league but I definitely prefer Marshall. He was productive the last two years in an terrible offense and he's now back with his BFF Jay Cutler. Big things are going to happen.

I'm an open Bears hater but I could see Chicago stealing the division. :ninja:

Edit: Fock, I was thinking Andre Johnson. I prefer Green.

I really really like Marshall this year! seems motivated and the reuinon with Cutler should be huge!

I am a huge AJ Green fan in dynasty but I can honestly see Dalton taking a step back this year

PPR, Marshall.

Non-ppr aka real leagues, AJ.

Grandpa Owen is that you? Are you still Calculating the scores by hand from the USA today?

Crap shoot,

Good luck with either

I would say Dalton MIGHT have an average NFL arm at best.

Tough call but ill say green. The thing I like about marshal is that the bears have a real offense now that Martz is gone so they can play actual football. But green is one of those stars in the making focal point guys. I still like Forte to get a ton of catches.

Marshall is too much risk reward type player, so I think AJ Green where continue and improve upon where he left off from last season. I just prefer young when it comes to similar players. I might be one of the few that would take Green.

I don't think this is a question of PPR/non-PPR; I think it's a question of your tolerance for risk. Personally, I think Marshal is set to have a monster year (read: top-5 or so numbers). But, I realize that's far from a lock given his history. Green, on the other hand, is probably going to be pretty steady on a week-to-week basis.

If you're going to swing for the fences and believe the rest of your roster can insulate you from a few strike outs, I'd take Marshal over Green every day of the week. If you're already gambling quite a bit with guys like McFadden or Vick, and want something you can count on, I'd go with Green.

JMHO

i really really don't understand this notion that Green is the safe play and Marshall is the risk/reward.

unless we are specifically talking about his potential to do something stupid off the field and get suspended.

Otherwise, how is a sophomore WR less risky than a guy who has had multiple hundred catch seasons with Cutler throwing to him and most recently had 80/1200/6 with Henne and moore at QB? His past 5 seasons he has finished between the 9th and 13th best WR in ppr. thats pretty consistent.

Another vote for Marshall here (shoulda been a poll)

Green burst onto the scene last year, teams will start to key in on him this year, not saying he won't produce but saying it'll be hard for him to produce his numbers from last year.

Marshall is used to being double teamed on a regular basis, and I think will do well in the new Chicago offense.