Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Aaron Judge pitches Manny Machado to Yankees, MLB not happy

-- Aaron Judge got a slap on the wrist from Major League Baseball after his remarks to reporters about wanting Manny Machado to join the Yankees.
"Adding him to our lineup that we already got would be something special," Judge told reporters Wednesday of the Orioles’ shortstop. "I told him he'd look good in pinstripes … We talked a little bit, and I just asked him how his offseason was, how everything was going. I asked him how he liked short and said, 'You'd look pretty good in pinstripes, too.'"
"He's one heck of a player, and he's been doing it for quite a few years at the best level," Judge continued. "He's one of the best -- if not the best -- defensive third basemen in the game, and now he's probably going to be one of the best defensive shortstops. With what he brings on the offensive side of it, he's the complete package. He's going to be a happy man when it comes to free agency, and picking where he wants to go."
MLB was not thrilled with these comments and released a statement warning Judge of tampering.
"We have been in contact with the Yankees. They communicated to us that Mr. Judge's off the cuff comments were not appropriate and not authorized by the club," the league said in a statement. "They will speak to him to make sure that this does not happen again."
According to MLB rules, “To preserve discipline and competition, and to prevent the enticement of players, coaches, managers and umpires, there shall be no negotiations or dealings respecting employment, either present or prospective, between any player, coach or manager and any Major or Minor League Club other than the Club with which the player is under contract . . .”
It doesn’t seem Judge will be formally punished by the league for the remarks.

No surprise. A moron talking like a moron.

At least he's keeping up with the yankees tradition of cheating.

If Jose Fernandez didn't kill himself from acting like a fool. Jeter surely would have traded him to the Yankees by now.

Considering he's as good as gone anyway, I would be okay with this as he would still be exclusive to me.