Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Jordy Nelson to the ......

Good luck to him...a once great player who seemed slowed by age and build up of injuries (and didn't help him that Hundley was throwing him the ball).

DND. These guys are nothing without Rodgers, as we found out.

Would have been a good fit in New Orleans.

Good to see him get paid by the Raiders. Unlike those cheap focks in Green Bay.

Good to see him get paid by the Raiders. Unlike those cheap focks in Green Bay.

Yeah...he didnt make any money in GB.

Name good packer WRs who had success away from Green Bay.

Yer mom.

Yeah...he didnt make any money in GB.

:D

I think he still has value in ppr with Carr throwing to him. Could be a good possession guy.

Name good packer WRs who had success away from Green Bay.

James Jones had a good year for Oakland before coming back to GB.

Jennings had 2 nice years in Minnesota too.

They dont get rid of guys near their primes. So of course they arent going to put up huge numbers.

DBs...thats another story.

:mad:

A white receiver won't survive in Oakland. I don't mean on the field, I mean in the city. :o

Javon Walker

Jennings

James Jones

Schroeder

Javon Walker

Jennings

James Jones

Schroeder

What are you saying with this list? Those guys did squat except Walker for one year after they left GB.

James Jones had a good year for Oakland before coming back to GB.

Jennings had 2 nice years in Minnesota too.

They dont get rid of guys near their primes. So of course they arent going to put up huge numbers.

DBs...thats another story.

:mad:

No, they didnt.

Greg Jennings years in Minn were 68 804 4 and 59 742 6. I wouldnt call those nice or noteworthy. Closer to dumpster fires.

James Jones year in Oakland was 73 666 6. Not good.

What are you saying with this list? Those guys did squat except Walker for one year after they left GB.

this was a response to taint.

walker- 1000 yd season w/ den. then injured

jennings- was so-so with no one throwing to him

jones- had a comparable year in oak (his most rec), them went back to gbp for a decent seasson(his most yds)

i confused schroeder for stokely (bal to indy to den) - thought it was shroeder who went to denver to play with manning

No, they didnt.

Greg Jennings years in Minn were 68 804 4 and 59 742 6. I wouldnt call those nice or noteworthy. Closer to dumpster fires.

there was not much variation when they left gbp.

this was a response to taint.

walker- 1000 yd season w/ den. then injured

jennings- was so-so with no one throwing to him

jones- had a comparable year in oak (his most rec), them went back to gbp for a decent seasson(his most yds)

i confused schroeder for stokely (bal to indy to den) - thought it was shroeder who went to denver to play with manning

1 mediocre season and overall disappointment for Walker doesn’t lend to your argument. He’s one of the poster boys for post Gb dissapointment in fact. The others, I posted their years in my post above...

No, they didnt.

Have you seen the numbers for WRs in those offense at times?

Its not like they were awful.

1 mediocre season and overall disappointment for Walker doesn’t lend to your argument. He’s one of the poster boys for post Gb dissapointment in fact. The others, I posted their years in my post above...

his demise was more attributed to age and injury vs him being away from GB

Yes, there was, end of argument.

i think you are closing the book without looking at their stats.

Irrelevant. They were on crap offenses, not my problem as far as this debate goes.

.... and not mush variation from when they left gb. gb has traditionally (in the favre/rodgers eras) transitioned wrs. typically a fade in gb before going elsewhere.

i think you are closing the book without looking at their stats.

No, you are the one not looking at stats. Jesus Christ man please trust me. I look at stats before commenting.

Greg Jennings 2008, 2009, 2010 3 great years of 1100yds, 1292 yds etc, 2011 great year cut short by injury, 2012 only played 8 games. Then went to Minn crappy offense where he had the stats Imposted above.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JennGr00.htm

James Jones was never really a top guy but the years prior to his oak year were significantly better, including his 14td season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneJa04.htm

This debate is over.

I'd rather have Crabtree than Nelson. Anything Nelson can do at this point Crabtree can also do, and he's younger.

No, you are the one not looking at stats. Jesus Christ man please trust me. I look at stats before commenting.

Greg Jennings 2008, 2009, 2010 3 great years of 1100yds, 1292 yds etc, 2011 great year cut short by injury, 2012 only played 8 games. Then went to Minn crappy offense where he had the stats Imposted above.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JennGr00.htm

in minn:

2013 in 15 games he amassed 68 rec, 804 yds, 4 tds (4.5 rec/g; 53.6 yd/g)

2014 in 13 games -> 59, 742, 6 tds (4.5 rec; 57)

his last healthy year in gb:

in 13 games 67 rec; 949; 9 (5.1; 73)

this is more attributed to injury, natural decline, and having ponder, bridgewater, cassel as your qb than him being crap

in minn:

2013 in 15 games he amassed 68 rec, 804 yds, 4 tds (4.5 rec/g; 53.6 yd/g)

2014 in 13 games -> 59, 742, 6 tds (4.5 rec; 57)

his last healthy year in gb:

in 13 games 67 rec; 949; 9 (5.1; 73)

this is more attributed to injury, natural decline, and having ponder, bridgewater, cassel as your qb than him being crap

Indeed. You are moving the goalposts though. This all started when I said to name packer receivers who found success after leaving Green Bay. Jennings did not find success. Dont care how, why, when, who, what, where...he didnt find success. Nor did anyone else who left Green Bay with a sparkling resume expecting to carry their talents over. Thats all Im saying.

Now if I had said name packer WRs who left Green Bay, tried their best but it didnt work out. You would be correct.

Indeed. You are moving the goalposts though. This all started when I said to name packer receivers who found success after leaving Green Bay. Jennings did not find success. Don’t care how, why, when, who, what, where...he didn’t find success. Nor did anyone else who left Green Bay with a sparkling resume expecting to carry their talents over. That’s all I’m saying.

is success black and white? is there 1 criteria that defines it?

When wr's are on the downward side of their bell curve, what is expected?

jennings lead that bad minn team in rec and yards. i don't see 742, and 804 as dumpster fires.

jones had comparable stats after leaving.

i still do not see tremendous variation from when they left. these guys did not fall off of a cliff.

is success black and white? is there 1 criteria that defines it?

When wr's are on the downward side of their bell curve, what is expected?

jennings lead that bad minn team in rec and yards. i don't see 742, and 804 as dumpster fires.

jones had comparable stats after leaving.

i still do not see tremendous variation from when they left. these guys did not fall off of a cliff.

:cheers: Okey doke bro, no worries. Enjoy your thursday.

:cheers: Okey doke bro, no worries. Enjoy your thursday.

:lol:

:cheers:

Crabtree was their best wr the last 3 years, not sure if that was the best move but they did save cap space I think. The real question is what does Cooper have to put up to finally be their top wr for a year?

Didn't Jones lead the league in TD's one season or was he still with GB?

edit: still with was with GB.

Those tds single handedly got him paid big time. He was always just a decent reliable role player but that gave him leverage when he signed with Oakland 2 yrs later. They were still talking about him like he was a td machine. He had 600 6 but then came back to GB and had a nice 900 8.

Those tds single handedly got him paid big time. He was always just a decent reliable role player but that gave him leverage when he signed with Oakland 2 yrs later. They were still talking about him like he was a td machine. He had 600 6 but then came back to GB and had a nice 900 8.

yeah... i always viewed jones as a productive #3... when he went to oakland he had rookie carr throwing and was surrounded by andre holmes and mychal rivera. he led the receivers with 73 catches (his personal high), but his yards and tds were in line with what he was doing in gb (minus the big spike of 14)

yeah... i always viewed jones as a productive #3... when he went to oakland he had rookie carr throwing and was surrounded by andre holmes and mychal rivera. he led the receivers with 73 catches (his personal high), but his yards and tds were in line with what he was doing in gb (minus the big spike of 14)

Hes a perfect #3, Oakland miscast him as a top guy. Then he comes back to GB in his familiar role and has a better year as their third option than in Oakland as 1st.

Id say packer guys should just stay put but they get good money when they leave so I cant blame them.

He’s a perfect #3, Oakland miscast him as a top guy.

this is a trap for a lot of teams.... bringing in a #2 or #3 and expecting #1 production (especially vs #1 db's and coverage)

Big fan of Jordy and it sucks to see him leave. But hr had a very bad year last year with many drops. Whrn Hundley came in Cobb was the guy who got open.

Is what it is. Probably a slap in the face how little they offered him but they needed to clear space. If you play the sentimental game in this business you will be burnt.