Sign in to follow this  
edjr

August 17, 1998 - Bill Clinton admits that he DID have sexual relations with that woman

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/08/17/speech/transcript.html

Good evening.
This afternoon in this room, from this chair, I testified before the Office of Independent Counsel and the grand jury.
I answered their questions truthfully, including questions about my private life, questions no American citizen would ever want to answer.
Still, I must take complete responsibility for all my actions, both public and private. And that is why I am speaking to you tonight.
As you know, in a deposition in January, I was asked questions about my relationship with Monica Lewinsky. While my answers were legally accurate, I did not volunteer information.
Indeed, I did have a relationship with Miss Lewinsky that was not appropriate. In fact, it was wrong. It constituted a critical lapse in judgment and a personal failure on my part for which I am solely and completely responsible.
But I told the grand jury today and I say to you now that at no time did I ask anyone to lie, to hide or destroy evidence or to take any other unlawful action.
I know that my public comments and my silence about this matter gave a false impression. I misled people, including even my wife. I deeply regret that.
I can only tell you I was motivated by many factors. First, by a desire to protect myself from the embarrassment of my own conduct.
I was also very concerned about protecting my family. The fact that these questions were being asked in a politically inspired lawsuit, which has since been dismissed, was a consideration, too.
In addition, I had real and serious concerns about an independent counsel investigation that began with private business dealings 20 years ago, dealings I might add about which an independent federal agency found no evidence of any wrongdoing by me or my wife over two years ago.
The independent counsel investigation moved on to my staff and friends, then into my private life. And now the investigation itself is under investigation.
This has gone on too long, cost too much and hurt too many innocent people.
Now, this matter is between me, the two people I love most -- my wife and our daughter -- and our God. I must put it right, and I am prepared to do whatever it takes to do so.
Nothing is more important to me personally. But it is private, and I intend to reclaim my family life for my family. It's nobody's business but ours.
Even presidents have private lives. It is time to stop the pursuit of personal destruction and the prying into private lives and get on with our national life.
Our country has been distracted by this matter for too long, and I take my responsibility for my part in all of this. That is all I can do.
Now it is time -- in fact, it is past time to move on.
We have important work to do -- real opportunities to seize, real problems to solve, real security matters to face.
And so tonight, I ask you to turn away from the spectacle of the past seven months, to repair the fabric of our national discourse, and to return our attention to all the challenges and all the promise of the next American century.
Thank you for watching. And good night.

'atta boy Bubba.

Wow. Remember when we thought one lie was a bad thing for a President? My God have we gone to hell in a handbasket.

Wow. Remember when we thought one lie was a bad thing for a President? My God have we gone to hell in a handbasket.

:huh:

One lie? :lol:

Why aren't you demanding his statue be taken down? I guess you are a rape supporter. Terrible.

One lie? :lol:

Under oath to congress, no biggie.

Lying about getting a blowjob? Compared to Trump's weekly onslaught of lies? Give me a break. I long for the days of a President as good as G W Bush. And only a short time ago, I thought he was the worst President in US history.

Lying about getting a blowjob? Compared to Trump's weekly onslaught of lies? Give me a break. I long for the days of a President as good as G W Bush. And only a short time ago, I thought he was the worst President in US history.

:huh:

I think he lied to a Grand Jury, after which the judge threw out the testimony as it was irrelevant to the Paula Jones trial.

President Trump should do a little reading about Clinton & Kenneth Starr if he really wants to learn what a witch hunt is.

I think he lied to a Grand Jury, after which the judge threw out the testimony as it was irrelevant to the Paula Jones trial.

President Trump should do a little reading about Clinton & Kenneth Starr if he really wants to learn what a witch hunt is.

And he still left office with a 56% approval rating. Just think about that. Shows you how much Americans cared about trivial things like blowjobs.

And he still left office with a 56% approval rating. Just think about that. Shows you how much Americans cared about trivial things like blowjobs.

Yes rape is trivial.

Why the mea culpa 8 months later?

I don't even want to go down this road.

comparing clinton to trump or bush or obama. It's all idiotic

I personally don't give a sh1t.

The thread is relevant, as it happened on this day 19 years ago.

What I remember most about that is how much I did not gaf. 1998 was a great year for me. Most puzzy I ever got, Yankees were killing it and I was in Ireland for 2 weeks that summer. Good times. Oh yeah, I also drafted Terrell Davis and a rookie WR named Randy Moss. Dominated.

Bill is a sociopath. Trump is just egotistical and not measured.

Hillary is just evil. Obama was sneaky but slick. Played the angry black dude to perfection.

Bill is a sociopath. Trump is just egotistical and not measured.

Hillary is just evil. Obama was sneaky but slick. Played the angry black dude to perfection.

Obama was an angry black dude to you? Holy hell. Talk about a sheltered privileged white boy.

Yes rape is trivial.

Are you under the impression that a consensual relationship between adults is rape? Monica wasn't mouth raped lol.

Are you under the impression that a consensual relationship between adults is rape? Monica wasn't mouth raped lol.

But can it really be "consensual" when the most powerful man in the world takes advantage of an intern that 26 years younger than he is? Could she really say no? If she did would she still have a future in Washington? Sadly, she said yes and it ruined her life.

But can it really be "consensual" when the most powerful man in the world takes advantage of an intern that 26 years younger than he is? Could she really say no? If she did would she still have a future in Washington? Sadly, she said yes and it ruined her life.

Girls love power/ And fame. Monica wasn't a victim. She got exactly what she wanted. No different than the chicks who fock rock stars after every show. Fame by association. Clinton was wrong for doing it, simply because he was a married man. But people who call him a rapist are idiots.

Girls love power/ And fame. Monica wasn't a victim. She got exactly what she wanted. No different than the chicks who fock rock stars after every show. Fame by association. Clinton was wrong for doing it, simply because he was a married man. But people who call him a rapist are idiots.

I might agree with you if his list of accusers wasn't second only to Bill Cosby's.

Also married or not, any CEO gets caught diddling a 20 year old intern he'd be fired the next day.

He didn't rape Monica, but what about the other squad of skanks he had his friends pay off?

He didn't rape Monica, but what about the other squad of skanks he had his friends pay off?

Bullsh1t. But you've always been an easy target for that kind of thing

Friends of the Clintons didn't pay off Paula Jones and others? Better hit the google machine.

Friends of the Clintons didn't pay off Paula Jones and others? Better hit the google machine.

You seem to have trouble a conversation. I was laughing at people comparing adultery to rape. Go get another hour of sleep and start over. Rough start, sparky.

You seem to have trouble a conversation. I was laughing at people comparing adultery to rape. Go get another hour of sleep and start over. Rough start, sparky.

I said he didn't rape her. Nice try. As for the others.....

Excusing and dismissing rape. What a fine person you are.

I said he didn't rape her. Nice try. As for the others.....

He's an adulterer. A pussie hound. Many things. Rapist? LOL please

He's an adulterer. A pussie hound. Many things. Rapist? LOL please

There was an allegation. There was a payment to the accuser (s) Take from it what you will. But you're right, it's not like he was caught on tape talking about grabbing puzzy. That was much worse. Didn't result in pay offs to accusers, but still, it was Trump.

There was an allegation. There was a payment to the accuser (s) Take from it what you will. But you're right, it's not like he was caught on tape talking about grabbing puzzy. That was much worse. Didn't result in pay offs to accusers, but still, it was Trump.

Both are big fans of the gash. Not sure what your point is. You're struggling

Trumps words were the end of the world, even though there were no victims of his alleged puzzy grabs. Just an a-hole talking like one. But Clinton had to cut checks to women who accused him of actual crimes, no big deal. As long as we're being consistent and all.

It's so cute watching Newbie defend a rapist.

Trumps words were the end of the world, even though there were no victims of his alleged puzzy grabs. Just an a-hole talking like one. But Clinton had to cut checks to women who accused him of actual crimes, no big deal. As long as we're being consistent and all.

Trump still won the election, and Clinton still left office with a 56% approval rating. Moral of the story? The opposing side will always try to make a big deal about sexual stuff, but it doesn't really matter in the end.

I hope you're learning something here today.

Trump still won the election, and Clinton still left office with a 56% approval rating. Moral of the story? The opposing side will always try to make a big deal about sexual stuff, but it doesn't really matter in the end.

I hope you're learning something here today.

Right, it doesn't really matter. I guess that's why it stayed in the news cycle for months and is still brought up. Funny that NBC had those tapes all those years and chose not to release them. Trump did have a hugely successful show going after all, raking in dough for them. . I wonder how Rachel and the rest of the gang at MSNBC wrestle with that one?. Oh, they don't.

I'll do you one better; How pissed must Kerry be about being Swiftboated likely by the same retards

that mindlessly support a draft dodging possy like Trump?

(my favorite part was when Trump tried to justify it by saying HRC didn't serve in combat either - he couldn't back up fast enough). :lol:

I'll do you one better; How pissed must Kerry be about being Swiftboated likely by the same retards

that mindlessly support a draft dodging possy like Trump?

(my favorite part was when Trump tried to justify it by saying HRC didn't serve in combat either - he couldn't back up fast enough). :lol:

Right?

Kerry was your president if not for the swiftboat outrage.

I might agree with you if his list of accusers wasn't second only to Bill Cosby's.

Also married or not, any CEO gets caught diddling a 20 year old intern he'd be fired the next day.

I think you'd be surprised about that.

And, saying 'yes' didn't 'roon her life'.

Scheming with Linda Tripp is what focked her over.

What an evil biitch she was.

As far as Monica goes, if you're an adult that lands a gig in the WH, hard to claim victim status.

But hell, just look at the 20 chicks in Tiger's case. Every one of them acted as if he's snapped

their cherries while they read "My Firstest Bible" Bad judgment to be sure, but hardly the first or the worst.