Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

MLB Hot Stove

Ian Kennedy had an ERA of over four in an extreme pitchers park?

If a negative war and basically an average pitcher gets that, arrieta is due for a large payday

Will the O's still go after Cespedes after this signing ?

Considering what he is asking for, I don't see Angelos putting up the TWO most expensive contracts he has ever given out in one offseason.

And I think the Royals are giving up a first round pick aren't they? :huh:

Looking like the Tigers are making one more desperate push for a title (too late, but meh). Sources saying Upton signing long-term deal.

6 years, $132.75 M

Can someone tell me what kind of player Upton is defensively? I don't speak fluent sabermetrics.

Reports say the Mets resigned Cespedes tonight. 3 years with a opt out clause after one year.

I was really hoping that Cespedes would go anywhere except back to the Mets.

The pitching staff they have doesn't need a lot of run support, but they certainly need some run support, and he was the difference maker for that offense once they traded for him.

I am still think the Cubs won the offseason with Heyward, Zobrist, and Lackey. They got exactly what they needed and filled the remaining holes from last season. Arrieta, Lester, Lackey, and Hendricks is a solid 1-4 in the rotation. Heyward and Zobrist joining a lineup with Rizzo, Bryant, Soler, and Schwarber will give them the best offense in the NL.

Looking like the Tigers are making one more desperate push for a title (too late, but meh). Sources saying Upton signing long-term deal.

6 years, $132.75 M

First time he goes 0 for 4 with 3 k's: "are you sure you're not B.J., cause you suck"

2016 World Series - Odds to Win

Winner

Chicago Cubs+400

San Francisco Giants+600

Boston Red Sox+900

Washington Nationals+1400

Los Angeles Dodgers+1400

Toronto Blue Jays+1600

Kansas City Royals+1600

New York Mets+1600 Houston

Astros+1800

St. Louis Cardinals+2000

Pittsburgh Pirates+2000

Arizona Diamondbacks+2000

Texas Rangers+2000

New York Yankees+2000

Detroit Tigers+2500

Cleveland Indians+3300

Los Angeles Angels+3300

Chicago White Sox+3300

Seattle Mariners+4000

Baltimore Orioles+5000

Minnesota Twins+5000

Miami Marlins+7500

Tampa Bay Rays+7500

Oakland Athletics+7500

Milwaukee Brewers+10000

Cincinnati Reds+10000

San Diego Padres+10000

Philadelphia Phillies+10000

Atlanta Braves+15000

Colorado Rockies+15000

Cubs clearly won the offseason, but I'm a little weary of theos history with FA. Also, I know that Jed is the GM, but you get my point.

Expectations are high and as long as Joe can keep them focused they should be alright

Woo-hoo!! Looks like the '80s are back for the Braves...

I guess I can handle some horrible years if it gets back to what it was like in the '90s...

I guess I can handle some horrible years if it gets back to what it was like in the '90s...

take them in homers

Not being a , but during the 90's, wasn't the regular season no big deal for a Braves fan? I'm a Yankees fan, but it always seemed that there was someone breathing down their neck in the 90's. Maybe not 98, but every other year. I'm kind of glad it was that way.

What did the Red Sox do to be so favored ?

pitching, pitching, pitching

was thinking the same thing, then I remembered they added Price and Kimbrel, also moving Hanley to 1B now gives them the best defensive OF in baseball, Sandoval best shape ever!!!!

also the new killer B's

Bogearts, Betts, and Bradley, all improving and young still

Everyone is all giddy and smiles here in Texas over the Ian Desmond signing.... But I have to wonder - do I really want a guy who was so brilliant to turn down a $107m deal, to then sign for $8m on my team? :unsure:

Everyone is all giddy and smiles here in Texas over the Ian Desmond signing.... But I have to wonder - do I really want a guy who was so brilliant to turn down a $107m deal, to then sign for $8m on my team? :unsure:

It will help him get back to 20 homers and maybe get him back up to the .250s again, but who knows how he will play in the outfield...

Head case. Use to be a great hitter until he got enamored with homeruns, then the strikeouts went way up, average and homeruns went down. And it affected his play at shortstop, which was GG worthy. Perhaps a change of scenery and position will do him good. But honestly, leaving 100M on the table might ruin you for life.

moving Hanley to 1B now gives them the best defensive OF in baseball

they'll need it with the worse corner IF in baseball

For all you Fantasy guys - Y. Darvish was suited up and throwing on the mound y-day... He says he could throw 95 today, but obviously there's a timetable in place for him.. Word is to expect him back no later than June - many are saying early May..... Once he returns - we will be rolling he and Hamels out there back-to-back, pretty salty top end.

was thinking the same thing, then I remembered they added Price and Kimbrel, also moving Hanley to 1B now gives them the best defensive OF in baseball, Sandoval best shape ever!!!!

also the new killer B's

Bogearts, Betts, and Bradley, all improving and young still

best defensive OF in baseball belongs to the royals with Gordon, cain and dyson :bench:

For all you Fantasy guys - Y. Darvish was suited up and throwing on the mound y-day... He says he could throw 95 today, but obviously there's a timetable in place for him.. Word is to expect him back no later than June - many are saying early May..... Once he returns - we will be rolling he and Hamels out there back-to-back, pretty salty top end.

And you will have Desmond patrolling the outfield to help out...

And you will have Desmond patrolling the outfield to help out...

More than anything - he brings a much needed Right bat to the order... I think we can pretty much count Hamilton out this year - I'd be shocked if he plays 35 games.. Desmond has a home in Left for sure.

More than anything - he brings a much needed Right bat to the order... I think we can pretty much count Hamilton out this year - I'd be shocked if he plays 35 games.. Desmond has a home in Left for sure.

I'm buying him as the number one overall ss next year. their is an 11ft decrease in right from the nationals home park to the Rangers. he hit 19 Homers last year in a down year. In the band box in hot weather I'll take the over at 25 Homers. he might still hit .240 but he's gonna crush.

I'm buying him as the number one overall ss next year. their is an 11ft decrease in right from the nationals home park to the Rangers. he hit 19 Homers last year in a down year. In the band box in hot weather I'll take the over at 25 Homers. he might still hit .240 but he's gonna crush.

Just wait until Texas has the tie run on 3rd with one out in the 9th and he swings at three balls at his eyes, when all they need is a sac fly or a ground ball. Not a team player. But yeah they'll get the solo homer in the 2nd inning. You could say I am down on the guy.

Just wait until Texas has the tie run on 3rd with one out in the 9th and he swings at three balls at his eyes, when all they need is a sac fly or a ground ball. Not a team player. But yeah they'll get the solo homer in the 2nd inning. You could say I am down on the guy.

as a fantasy player all I care is he got the Homer.

Not only that, but we have the crazy ass jet stream that launches balls to right field and the HR porch.

Salvy signs extension through '21

So if Chapman gets 30 games and was never charged (legally) with a crime. How many games does Jose Reyes get ? 60 ? 80? 162 ?

Are the reports true, Cabby and Verlander on the block? Cabrera is still owed $220m and Verlander about $84m.. Cabby sure would look good in this lineup. But coming off the heels of Prince, I'm sure we are not going to try that again.

Braves sign RA Dickey to a one year deal.

Good, get his ass out of the AL.. Nothing personal - but we can't hit knuckleballers for shiit.

Funny thing is Noah Synderggard was a throw in peice when Mutts dealt RA to blue jays for Travis D'arnaud.

Go figure.

:Thor:

Braves sign RA Dickey to a one year deal.

Go figure with that one... I know that they want name recognition for their new park, but Dickey? Really?

Bartolo Colon to the Braves !!

They really like ex Mets now.