Sign in to follow this  
Strike

NBA Playoffs thread

A place to talk about current games going on.

Good win for Indiana today. Toronto looking like a farce.

Go Warriors. Cover the spread baby!!!!!

This will probably be my only post, that was one of the worst 2 on 1 breaks i have ever seen.

The one where they took a missed 3? Yeah that was pathetic. Gotta get a layup or a foul there.

It's gonna be hard to stop the Warriors. It's theirs to lose this year

I think the only thing that stops them is injuries to key players. Might only be Curry. They might be able to lost any other single player, inluding Klay Thompson, and still win it all. They're that good. But the loss of Curry or multiple other players could be a problem. Absent that, I don't see how they lose. They're too good, too versatile, and too deep.

I think the only thing that stops them is injuries to key players. Might only be Curry. They might be able to lost any other single player, inluding Klay Thompson, and still win it all. They're that good. But the loss of Curry or multiple other players could be a problem. Absent that, I don't see how they lose. They're too good, too versatile, and too deep.

They are. Their bench is TOO deep for really anyone to give them trouble. The only team I could think that might give them trouble is the Spurs cause of their coach and their play style. Then again I am biased cause I lived heir for 7 years but I do love the way that program is run

Boring this year. FF to the Spurs :wub: vs Warriors :angry: in the W. Conf playoffs and then just hand the trophy to GS. :(

I am not gonna start watching till the West Semifinals in a few weeks. Warriors vs Clippers and Spurs vs Thunder is when the playoffs start for me. The Cavs will cruise to the Finals once again and not break a sweat along the way which is gonna be boring. The first round matchups are just flat out ugly this year and there is no damn reason in the West Conf they should be best of seven cause none of them are gonna go past a Game 5. It just opens up a greater chance for an injury and screwing up the good matchups coming up.

Tell me when that worthless neck beard from Houston Finally gets knocked out. That worthless fock couldn't play defense at gunpoint.

Tell me when that worthless neck beard from Houston Finally gets knocked out. That worthless fock couldn't play defense at gunpoint.

I mean... he could play defense. It just wouldnt be good defense.

Probably in 3 more games...

Let's GooO San AntOniO! :overhead:

You want to see them lose to GS in the WCF? I just hope Memphis can keep it within 17 tonight.

You want to see them lose to GS in the WCF? I just hope Memphis can keep it within 17 tonight.

I don't want them to go out in the first round. :dunno: Maybe Curry will tweak his ankle even more and more... :ninja:

I don't want them to go out in the first round. :dunno: Maybe Curry will tweak his ankle even more and more... :ninja:

Curry could sit the rest of the series with Houston and be fine. It would probably be smart to watch his minutes anyway

Curry could sit the rest of the series with Houston and be fine. It would probably be smart to watch his minutes anyway

It's pretty much a given it'll be between the 2 in the WCF, unless key player(s) take a dive of sorts.

So sorry! :clap:

Omg - talk about a slaughter house. My Mavs are completely helpless against the Thunder. It's sad to see this happen to Dirk.

Omg - talk about a slaughter house. My Mavs are completely helpless against the Thunder. It's sad to see this happen to Dirk.

And now we are without Deron Williams and Barea. Ugh.

I'm not even hoping for a competitive series, as I assume OKC wins in 5. But I would like to see competitive games, simply because it's always a privilege to watch playoff-crunchtime Dirk in action.

Wow! Mavs hung on to the thriller at the end there! shew! Or that dude who missed the 2 FTs at the end would have shot himself. :P

Wow! Mavs hung on to the thriller at the end there! shew! Or that dude who missed the 2 FTs at the end would have shot himself. :P

No doubt, that was a good game. Hopefully the Houston Golden State game is a bit more competitive now that Curry is sitting.

No doubt, that was a good game. Hopefully the Houston Golden State game is a bit more competitive now that Curry is sitting.

GSW are too deep and good. Curry sitting won't make a difference. I'm not even watching as I can tell by my neighbors what's happening. :lol:

I'll switch back to 4th qtr to see wassup.

I'd wouldn't make that bet. Since Pop sat players in 3 of the 4 games, not enough info IMO to definitely make GS anything but a slight favorite.

Meh...won't watch much til the finals.

Steph is fun to watch and all...just can't get that into the NBA.

And now we are without Deron Williams and Barea. Ugh.

I'm not even hoping for a competitive series, as I assume OKC wins in 5. But I would like to see competitive games, simply because it's always a privilege to watch playoff-crunchtime Dirk in action.

This is exactly why I don't book real bets - how in the fock did we pull that shiat off? :huh:

I'm not sure what the line was, guessing double digits - I would of laid it on the Thunder.

This is exactly why I don't book real bets - how in the fock did we pull that shiat off? :huh:

I'm not sure what the line was, guessing double digits - I would of laid it on the Thunder.

I heard OKC was favored by 14, and that in terms of point spread, it was the biggest playoff upset in 20 years. :banana:

Now had I actually looked beforehand and seen Dallas as a 14 point underdog, I'd have bet the house on them. (I know, easy to say now). Dallas is too well coached and has too many prideful veterans to not respond well after that game 1 humiliation. And while I didn't know the following stat until today, I have watched a ton of Mavs games this year and would have a guessed something close to it: After 20 point losses this year, Dallas is 6-1...................But none of this is to say I thought the Mavs would take game 2. I just knew it would be a more competitive game, before the Thunder won by 5-7 points.

That game was as fun as it gets. I was into every second of it, and on the edge of my seat with stress and excitement the entire 4th quarter.

Now the logical side of me says OKC will come out determined and win a tough game 3, then have an easier time in game 4, before wrapping it up at home...................But the illogical fan in me has seen the stats that show Dallas as possibly the best "clutch" team in the playoffs (shocking, I know), and OKC as the worst. Now at home, if Dallas can keep it close until the last 5 minutes, whose to say they don't win a game 3. Then maybe the Thunder start squabbling, KD starts thinking about his next team, Russ gets mad, Waiters decides he needs to take over, and who know? :clap:

Edit to add:

GS is obviously the best playoff team in the clutch. But somehow Dallas is #2, while the Thunder are last. So if Dallas can just make these games close, you never know.

http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-west/clutch-monkey-mocks-thunder-stunning-game-2-loss/

Wow. Great ending there. Didn't see Houston winning it even though it was a competitive game.

people still watch basketball?

Well at least GS didn't sweep thru out to the title. Good gawd, all the new, overnight Warriors fans would have been insufferable.

Well at least GS didn't sweep thru out to the title. Good gawd, all the new, overnight Warriors fans would have been insufferable.

Not because Houston didn't do everything they could to give the game away; "Hmmm, 1 point lead and 1 second left... I wonder if I should throw this inbounds pass cross-court clear down by their basket and see if they can steal it and win." :doh:

What is charlotte coaching doing? How do you play marvin williams (0-10) more minutes than big al who was shooting 70 percent.....

Drive to the basket and get Whiteside in foul trouble

Really disappointing for a team I thought had a chance to make some noise.

Yep. The old ones are bad enough..

Looks like San AntOniO is going to sweep the Grizzs! :overhead:

Well, my Pistons were just swept out of the first round. Competitive series but a sweep nonetheless. Maybe next year.

Well, my Pistons were just swept out of the first round. Competitive series but a sweep nonetheless. Maybe next year.

No offense, but I haven't paid attention to the Pistons since the bad boys era. :lol: But it was a surprisingly good series. Maybe next decade. ;)

:)

NBA playoffs just became even more rat's ass than before: Stephen Curry, out minimum 2 weeks with MCL sprain.

Good. Fock curry