Sign in to follow this  
Strike

NBA Playoffs thread

You are definitely missing Moses Malone

And Ewing

I just hope this is the end of the narrative that you need 3-point shooters to win a championship in "today's NBA."

You need great players just like in yesterday's NBA and every other season ever.

I just hope this is the end of the narrative that you need 3-point shooters to win a championship in "today's NBA."

You need great players just like in yesterday's NBA and every other season ever.

I have to agree. And this goes for all sports. There is no one way to win anymore. But great players are your best shot.

1. Michael Jordan

2. LeBron James

3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar

4. Bill Russell

5. Wilt Chamberlain

6. Magic Johnson

7. Larry Bird

8. Kobe Bryant

9. Tim Duncan

10. Oscar Robinson

11. Hakeem Olajuwon

12. Shaquille O'Neal

13. Jerry West

14. Julius Irviing

15. Dirk Nowitzki

16. Karl Malone

17. Charles Barkley

18. Kevin Garnett

19. Dwayne Wade

20. Elgin Baylor

21. John Stockton

22. David Robinson

23. Scottie Pippin

24. Isaiah Thomas

25. Kevin Durant

I'm not sure where I'd rank them exactly, but I'd have James and Pippen closer to each other obviously. Probably back to back even. But overall I say great list. Good work :thumbsup:

Bold predictions for next season?

I think we're going to get another rematch in the finals, with the Warriors redeeming themselves. Also think they'll adjust to the "blue-print" to beat them and still smoke everyone in the regular season. Beyond the system, the Warriors are just extremely deep and talented and versatile. They are also smart and I think they'll still win close to 70 games next year. I also think Kyrie will become the main facilitator in the Cavs offense and Bron will rest a lot in the regular season and again have a big playoff performance.

I think KD is signing with Boston. It just makes sense. I think he wants to build his OWN legacy on his own terms. If he goes to the Spurs or Warriors, that wouldn't be his own legacy. The Lakers are too garbage. He wants to contend now. I think he can do that with Boston. They have enough young talent and the assets and money to make it happen. I do think him staying in OKC will give him the best chance to win next season. I don't think he has any animosity at all towards Russ or anything. They both want to build their own legacies.

I had a thought when thinking about next season: How crazy would it be if OKC signed Dwight Howard after KD left town? I think, with the right team, Dwight can still be a monster. He's just been in really, really bad situations the past several seasons. I think with Russ, he can thrive in OKC.

That being said, if KD does leave, I think Russell Westbrook will win MVP. He was a 30/10/10 guy without KD last year. I think he'll be more like 27/11/8, but those numbers are too big to not give it to him.

I think New Orleans will be the surprise team. AD is mad about everything last season. Everything. He's going to obliterate the NBA next year, plus I think they sign someone like Jimmy Butler(without looking at cap space and whatnot). I think he will finish a very close second behind Russ in MVP voting. It's going to be a blood bath against whoever New Orleans is playing next season. Then he'll be mad about not winning MVP for the 2017/18 season.

The disappointing team is close between the Clippers and Trailblazers. I just think 2 players can only carry a team for so long. Portland will finish where people thought they would finish this year, near the bottom of the West. I think the Clippers come unhinged this season, officially. They are still a good team, but they struggle a lot and lose in the first round again. Talks of blowing up the team become louder throughout the season.

My Pistons take the next step and win their first playoff series in nearly a decade, but then get beat in a tough series against Durant's Celtics.

The Celtics-Cavs play in the ECF in what will become the next big, fierce rivalry in the NBA. Cavs vs. Celtics. KD vs. Bron. Kyrie vs. Thomas. Blood bath. I say the Cavs win in 7.

1. Michael Jordan

2. LeBron James

3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar

4. Bill Russell

5. Wilt Chamberlain

6. Magic Johnson

7. Larry Bird

8. Kobe Bryant

9. Tim Duncan

10. Oscar Robinson

11. Hakeem Olajuwon

12. Shaquille O'Neal

13. Jerry West

14. Julius Irviing

15. Dirk Nowitzki

16. Karl Malone

17. Charles Barkley

18. Kevin Garnett

19. Dwayne Wade

20. Elgin Baylor

21. John Stockton

22. David Robinson

23. Scottie Pippin

24. Isaiah Thomas

25. Kevin Durant

Your 1 and 2 is undebateabale at this point. After that, you're heavier on centers than I'd be, but that's subjective. I'm too young to remember Oscar Robertson, but from all I've heard from experts, he was a legendary all-around player. Probably top 5 ever. Good list.

1. Michael Jordan

2. LeBron James

3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar

4. Bill Russell

5. Wilt Chamberlain

6. Magic Johnson

7. Larry Bird

8. Kobe Bryant

9. Tim Duncan

10. Oscar Robinson

11. Hakeem Olajuwon

12. Shaquille O'Neal

13. Jerry West

14. Julius Irviing

15. Dirk Nowitzki

16. Karl Malone

17. Charles Barkley

18. Kevin Garnett

19. Dwayne Wade

20. Elgin Baylor

21. John Stockton

22. David Robinson

23. Scottie Pippin

24. Isaiah Thomas

25. Kevin Durant

The running joke on Stockton was that (at home) he was awarded an assist if he was within 5 passes of a Jazz score. :D

* Stockton was really good, but too high on this list.

* Isaiah is definitely way too low.

* Shaq is definitely way too low.

* David Robinson was really good. But he didn't really win anything until Duncan arrived. I take him off my top 25 list.

* Not sure I can leave the best pure shooter in NBA history off this list either - I'm swapping Curry for Durant.

* Wade is prolly too high.

The running joke on Stockton was that (at home) he was awarded an assist if he was within 5 passes of a Jazz score. :D

* Stockton was really good, but too high on this list.

* Isaiah is definitely way too low.

* Shaq is definitely way too low.

* David Robinson was really good. But he didn't really win anything until Duncan arrived. I take him off my top 25 list.

* Not sure I can leave the best pure shooter in NBA history off this list either - I'm swapping Curry for Durant.

* Wade is prolly too high.

I think Wade should be on the same level or even a bit above Dirk. 3 rings, monster stats before all the injuries. No MVPs, but really he should have at least one. I've always thought Wade was underrated in the all-time discussion. I think he's the third or fourth best SG of all time, if you count West as a SG.

Sad :(

I'm guessing the ratings for this series will be pretty high.. I will prolly watch the 1st quarter, then the last half of the 4th 2nite.

game 7 is on father's day again= we will have 7 games

game 7 is on father's day again= we will have 7 games

7 game series, stretched out over (basically) 3 weeks. :doh:

yeah...terrible schedule

What is that shiit on Curry's face? Worst half ass playoff beard ever.