Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Kevin Durant to the Warriors

That's a pretty weak retort. Newbie has a point - this is a losing proposition for Durant.

Warriors win = they would've won anyway

Warriors lose = Durant focked up what they had

no different than if he'd announce he's joining the USA Olympic team. Yawn

it's totally stupid. Any rings he finally wins are going to come with skepticism since the Warriors would have been favorites to win even without him. And if they fail to make the finals, he's the biggest bust in league history. He made them worse.

Yikes.

Yikes.

:lol: , love it when the aliases start coming to their own defense. Always high comedy :overhead:

it's smart if he just wants an easy way to get a ring. It just won't be very impressive.

He's not dumb. He knew what people would say when he signed. I really think this signing shows me that 1) he really doesn't have a big individual ego, 2) he doesn't care what people say or think about his legacy in the moment, 3) he really just wants to win rings, and I think most of all, 4) he's smart enough to know that if he wins ring after ring, none of this will matter, only the chips will matter.

Dude just wants to win. Could he have gotten maybe A ring in OKC? Sure, but I think he, like the rest of the league, saw what Golden State had built and knew he was going to have to clear that gigantic hurdle every single year JUST to get to the finals, and he knew he blew maybe his best chance at clearing that hurdle this season. What he effectively did was destroy all the hurdles to get there, and now it's just him and Curry vs. Bron and Kyrie.

The more I think about it, and the more I think all of us will think about it, the more and more it just makes sense for him on so many levels. He still has to beat LeBron though.

Dude just wants to win.

I believe this. Durant was a Free Agent, he spent what? 8 years in OKC. He paid his dues and tried to win there and came up short and he was not guaranteed Westbrook would be there after next season.

I have zero issue with him leaving to another team.

My only thing is......he left for the team that knocked him out. The team that came back from 3-1 to beat you. Where you, KD, screwed the pooch and let them come back. That was your series to win, and you didn't and NOW you just up and decide instead to beat them.....to join that very same team? Ugh.

If Durant would have joined Horford and signed with Boston that would've been cool. If he would have even signed with Spurs and taken Duncan's spot and formed a new big three with Aldridge and Kawahi Leonard, that would have been cool too.

But the Warriors? The team you let come back on you? Sheesh man, where is your backbone?

• Like 1

He's not dumb. He knew what people would say when he signed. I really think this signing shows me that 1) he really doesn't have a big individual ego, 2) he doesn't care what people say or think about his legacy in the moment, 3) he really just wants to win rings, and I think most of all, 4) he's smart enough to know that if he wins ring after ring, none of this will matter, only the chips will matter.

Dude just wants to win. Could he have gotten maybe A ring in OKC? Sure, but I think he, like the rest of the league, saw what Golden State had built and knew he was going to have to clear that gigantic hurdle every single year JUST to get to the finals, and he knew he blew maybe his best chance at clearing that hurdle this season. What he effectively did was destroy all the hurdles to get there, and now it's just him and Curry vs. Bron and Kyrie.

The more I think about it, and the more I think all of us will think about it, the more and more it just makes sense for him on so many levels. He still has to beat LeBron though.

Well that's just the problem. You *should* have to clear hurdles to get to the Finals. Hell even the focking bulls had to deal with the Pacers and the Knicks every year. What g0ddamn fun would it have been if Patrick Ewing and Reggie Miller teamed up with Jordan because they were tired of fighting him?

Meh, NBA sucks balls these days is what it comes down to.

I dont mean that it was a bad move by golden state. It was a bad move by Durant. If they sign Anthony Davis and Westbrook, it's smart too.

I think you misspoke(typed, whatever) when you said they got worse then. I totally get the argument that this was a bad move for Durant. I'm just saying you can't say the Warriors didn't get better. Sure, they might struggle at times getting adjusted as everyone will have to find their roles again with Durant, but mid and long term, I mean, just look at the focking roster. Obviously it's being said over and over and over and over again and it will keep being said over and over again for the rest of the offseason and into the season and possibly for years to come....

....but seriously, LOOK at that FOCKING ROSTER!!!! They are ALL JUST ENTERING THEIR PRIMES!!!!

Stephen Curry, 28

Klay Thompson, 26

Draymond Green, 26

Kevin Durant, 27

Whogivesafuckwhotheotherstarteris, a negative billion years doesntevenfuckingmatter

P.Gasol to the Spurs

Parker

Danny Green

Leonard

Gasol

Aldridge

Bench (Manu Ginobil)

They ain't done yet.

I think you misspoke(typed, whatever) when you said they got worse then. I totally get the argument that this was a bad move for Durant. I'm just saying you can't say the Warriors didn't get better. Sure, they might struggle at times getting adjusted as everyone will have to find their roles again with Durant, but mid and long term, I mean, just look at the focking roster. Obviously it's being said over and over and over and over again and it will keep being said over and over again for the rest of the offseason and into the season and possibly for years to come....

....but seriously, LOOK at that FOCKING ROSTER!!!! They are ALL JUST ENTERING THEIR PRIMES!!!!

Stephen Curry, 28

Klay Thompson, 26

Draymond Green, 26

Kevin Durant, 27

Whogivesafuckwhotheotherstarteris, a negative billion years doesntevenfuckingmatter

I didn't make myself clear. I don't mean that they got worse. I said that if they don't make the finals next year, they got worse. They were a determined lebron James away from being two time Champs a month ago. After a 73 win season. Durant's season doesn't even start till June next year. Anything they accomplish before that could have been done without him.

Well that's just the problem. You *should* have to clear hurdles to get to the Finals. Hell even the focking bulls had to deal with the Pacers and the Knicks every year. What g0ddamn fun would it have been if Patrick Ewing and Reggie Miller teamed up with Jordan because they were tired of fighting him?

Meh, NBA sucks balls these days is what it comes down to.

This is true, but despite their collapse in the finals, the Warriors really were/are a different beast. They were set up to be the favorites for the next 5+ years. Those teams you mentioned were good-great, but none of them were on the same level as these Warriors. That is why before the playoffs I thought Bron was going to bolt in the offseason because he knew he couldn't beat the Warriors. Obviously he was able to go absolute beast mode and eek out a very well earned victory against them. Before that there were plenty of signs of him trying to put together another super team knowing that he was unlikely to top the Warriors for the rest of his prime-ish years.

Durant and OKC HAD their chance and blew it. He's smart enough to know, if he stays with OKC, the Warriors weren't going to come out flat in the playoffs next season. Could they have eeked out a win ala Bron in an epic series? Maybe, but probably not.

I will say it's totally fair to say he took the easy road, because he did. However, I think it's the smart move, I think GS wins the next 2-3 rings with or without KD. He knew it. Bron knows it. Everyone knows it. Why waste your prime years being the 2nd best in the west? Smart move.

I didn't make myself clear. I don't mean that they got worse. I said that if they don't make the finals next year, they got worse. They were a determined lebron James away from being two time Champs a month ago. After a 73 win season. Durant's season doesn't even start till June next year. Anything they accomplish before that could have been done without him.

I gotcha. I agreed with your argument before they lost in the finals. They needed someone else who can create their own shot and especially score in the paint. Barnes was that guy until he just forgot how to play in the finals. When Barnes left, they needed to get someone, anyone, who can fill that void because he was actually a pretty big part of what they did(and I think the biggest reason why they lost the finals).

I was against this happening until I saw that they NEEDED someone like Durant in the finals and in the OKC series. I think they were still the best team, but clearly they needed another scorer at times. The crazy thing is KD wasn't a "he's a superstar, we have the money to get him, so lets sign him" deal, he was a signing that filled the one hole that they had in their offense. They could have signed, I dunno, even someone like Batum and filled that need that they had. They just happened to get the best offensive player in the league to make a weakness an enormous strength.

I guess we'll see. They're focking scary though. The more Iook at that roster, the scarier it looks.

Agreed. They are such heavy favorites now that there's going to be a lot of pressure. They lost the championship despite being a far better team. Because the Cavs had the best player in the league. Warriors had no one close. Now they have the second best player in the league.

Is this good or bad for the NBA? These finals were pretty much pre-ordained, as are the next finals, and they were the highest rated finals ever. I dunno how I feel personally. Parity can be a good thing, but don't we like to see the best teams duke it out at the end of the season, rather than some flukish team that just got hot at the right time? I'm a Pistons fan, as much as I like the team they're building, it's not like we're going get get another '04 run in the near future. That is the team that really, really got me into team sports. Obviously that team ended up being a semi-dynasty, but that was, more or less, a flukish run to a title. So, unless your a true Warriors or MAYBE Cavs fan, you really don't have any chance at seeing your team win a championship in the near future.

Agreed. They are such heavy favorites now that there's going to be a lot of pressure. They lost the championship despite being a far better team. Because the Cavs had the best player in the league. Warriors had no one close. Now they have the second best player in the league.

Even the biggest critics have to be excited to see KD vs. Bron in the next couple finals.

Even the biggest critics have to be excited to see KD vs. Bron in the next couple finals.

They still have to play the games. I wouldn't count on this yet. Chemistry is a hell of a thing and it can't be prognosticated.

I remember one offseason several years ago. Steve Nash and Dwight Howard are signing with the Lakers!@#! Joining Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol The Greatest team EVER they said.

People need to slow their roll a bit.

Right when I first heard this rumor months ago(or even last summer), my first thought was why mess with what the Warriors have?

However, you CANNOT get someone on Durant's level, keep your entire all-time great core of players together, and say they are worse off. You just can't. Durant is way too good. Their system is all about versatility and no one, maybe in the history of the game, is more versatile than Kevin Durant.

Lebron

Magic

That's a pretty weak retort. Newbie has a point - this is a losing proposition for Durant.

Warriors win = they would've won anyway

Warriors lose = Durant focked up what they had

He said it was totally stupid.. You are a blithering idiot if you think that deserves a serious response.

Of course, I have to realize who I am responding to in both of these instances.

He said it was totally stupid.. You are a blithering idiot if you think that deserves a serious response.

Of course, I have to realize who I am responding to in both of these instances.

so far, I've seen a lot of emojis and not a lot of substance. You offered no counter argument. You are as dumb as you've always been. I don't see that changing

so far, I've seen a lot of emojis and not a lot of substance. You offered no counter argument. You are as dumb as you've always been. I don't see that changing

You toss an absurd statement then whine like a little girl when you don't get a serious response. This is sad even for you Newbie.

Durant fits in perfectly with Golden St's style of basketball on the offensive end, plus he is a long player who guys like LeBron will have a tough time getting shots over. Durant spent 9 years in OKC, he's paid his dues, they got close but, couldn't get there. I think deep down he knew he couldn't get over the top with a guy like Westbrook dominating the ball. Now he has a chance to help build a dynasty in Golden St. The core of that team is mid to late 20's. This makes all the basketball sense in the world for Durant and Golden St. Durant didn't and shouldn't base his decisions on what the general public thinks of this move.

Blurting absurd statements like "it's totally stupid" makes you sound like a focking idiot. That's only confirmed when a twerp like Worms thinks you are on to something.

I wonder how russell is taking this. I wonder what they're going to do with Durant's money.

PG: Curry

SG: Klay

SF: Iggy

PF: Durant

C: Draymond

That is nasty. But their bench has been depleted and will have to consist of rookies, veteran minimum guys and NBDL regects.

aka Miami during Lebrons tenure

Have to figure Westbrook is bolting next year for sure now, right?

That means OKC has to try and trade him, doesn't it?

Lakers could all of a sudden get relevant again in a hurry.

I wonder how russell is taking this. I wonder what they're going to do with Durant's money.

that was the biggest problem with waiting on the cinderella of free agency. All the other worthy guys (and i use that terms loosely) are gone. The pickings are incredibly slim.

I credit OKC now even more than I did before for that draft night trade. Brought them in an upgraded SG, a startable SF and a possible steal of a rookie big man in Sabonis. It brought them depth and only cost them a fading Ibaka.

Westbrook

Oladipo

Ilyasova

Kanter

Adams

Roberson, Sabonis and maybe Waiters if they bring him back come off the bench

this is not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but any scenario where they lost Durant was going to suck. I'd rather have what they have now than Ibaka.

It would have to be a sign as trade, and Westbrook would be nuts to agree to that when he can play out his contract as "the guy" in OKC and cash in under an exploding cap.

Also the Lakers need to be just good enough to finish outside the bottom 3 but bad enough to be in the high lottery so my sixers get a pick in the 4-6 range next year. :thumbsup:

Why would it have to be a sign and trade? I'm talking about OKC trading him this year. Are you saying he needs to sign an extension first?

My thinking is that now that no one is buying into the laker mystique and signing there. The Lakers might give up a bunch to get westy. I agree though they would be stupid to do it as a 1 year rental.

don't be so sure. the cap goes up again next season so OKC will be able to offer him even more and with Westbrooks temperment, he seems like the kind of guy who would rather be the star somewhere than go be second fiddle (or even 3rd fiddle :unsure: )

Billy Donovan is a good coach. A lot will depend on how the back court develops with him and Oladipo. Oladipo won't command the shot volume of Durant and is amazingly athletic. that is by far the most athletic back court in the NBA right now. If they can bring in a star SF or PF, I could see Westbrook staying put and trying to stick it to the Warriors.

Jimmy Butler (trade?), Blake Griffin could opt out, Alphabet is restricted, Hayward has a player option, Millsap has a player option, Ibaka would be unrestricted and could come back, Greg Monroe has a player option, Rudy Gay has a player option. Its going to be a very nice free agent class next year. MUCH stronger than 2016 as a lot of those player options will be declined with the rising cap.

If they can bring in one of the following - Butler, Griffin, Antetokounmpo, Millsap or even Rudy Gay for offense, OKC would have a really good team.

also, I don't normally do this but i'm going to give Lebron just a slight bit of credit. Well, not really credit per say.... but just want to mention that I somehow find what he has done the past two go arounds more palatable than what KD just did.

Lebron was a punk in the way he came to Miami and a thinly veiled punk in the way he "came back home" but at least on the teams he created, he was always top dog.

What Durant did was pathetic. OKC is capable of winning it all. Instead, he chose to go to a team and a city that will never be his. It will always be Stephs city and team. In fact, an argument could be made that Golden State will be Klay's team before its Durant's... and with Draymond's bombastic personality.... KD is going to be the Chris Bosh of the Warriors.

I've heard all day on sports radio, talking heads defending his decision because it makes the most basketball sense and guarantees him a title. A few said, rings are all that matters and these guys dont want to be Barkely/Stockton/Ewing..... funny though, every basketball fan can name those guys.

Any ring KD wins in golden state is going to be so watered down that I know I personally won't look at his overall career any differently if he happens to grab 1 title with that ready made team.

Is this good or bad for the NBA? These finals were pretty much pre-ordained, as are the next finals, and they were the highest rated finals ever. I dunno how I feel personally. Parity can be a good thing, but don't we like to see the best teams duke it out at the end of the season, rather than some flukish team that just got hot at the right time? I'm a Pistons fan, as much as I like the team they're building, it's not like we're going get get another '04 run in the near future. That is the team that really, really got me into team sports. Obviously that team ended up being a semi-dynasty, but that was, more or less, a flukish run to a title. So, unless your a true Warriors or MAYBE Cavs fan, you really don't have any chance at seeing your team win a championship in the near future.

It's terrible for the NBA. Basically two, maybe three teams that are even worth following. Not like the old days were you had a whole bunch of playoff teams slugging it out every year. Fock even teams like Weber's Kings and Brad Dougherty's Cavs - they never won anything and nobody would even mention them in terms of greatest ever or even best of their era, but you had to bring your A game to get by 'em in the playoffs

You toss an absurd statement then whine like a little girl when you don't get a serious response. This is sad even for you Newbie.

Durant fits in perfectly with Golden St's style of basketball on the offensive end, plus he is a long player who guys like LeBron will have a tough time getting shots over. Durant spent 9 years in OKC, he's paid his dues, they got close but, couldn't get there. I think deep down he knew he couldn't get over the top with a guy like Westbrook dominating the ball. Now he has a chance to help build a dynasty in Golden St. The core of that team is mid to late 20's. This makes all the basketball sense in the world for Durant and Golden St. Durant didn't and shouldn't base his decisions on what the general public thinks of this move.

Blurting absurd statements like "it's totally stupid" makes you sound like a focking idiot. That's only confirmed when a twerp like Worms thinks you are on to something.

All I said was he had a point, which you did not even bother to respond to. Now you have (indirectly). Was that so hard? :wave:

Why would it have to be a sign and trade? I'm talking about OKC trading him this year. Are you saying he needs to sign an extension first?

My thinking is that now that no one is buying into the laker mystique and signing there. The Lakers might give up a bunch to get westy. I agree though they would be stupid to do it as a 1 year rental.

Unless Westbrook is going to sign an extension the Lakers would be nuts to trade much for him. And Westbrook would be nuts to sign a long term deal with a bad team a year before the cap is set to explode.

Also, 76ers. We need that high Laker pick.

Watch them still not win next year. Making a super team puts too much pressure on you. Anything less than a dominating finals win and there will be criticism. Also defense is a thing, hope someone sends them the memo.

The heads here just got bigger, and mouths louder.. :/

And it looks like my baby Duncan will be retiring.. :cry: