Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Burgers are better than steaks.

Has anyone ever tried delmonico cut of steak? I've never had that cut before

• Like 1

Has anyone ever tried delmonico cut of steak? I've never had that cut before

I think those are just basically ribeyes, no?

A good steak at a top notch steak house can't be beat. And I'm not talking about Outback or Longhorn's...they're mostly pretty meh. However, you can pick up a very nice burger(i.e. ground beef) at just about any grocery store.

A good steak at a top notch steak house can't be beat. And I'm not talking about Outback or Longhorn's...they're mostly pretty meh. However, you can pick up a very nice burger(i.e. ground beef) at just about any grocery store.

Some costcos sell prime steaks at great prices. If you know how to grill one it's like butter man. We've done that a couple times. Sooooo good. A 60 dollar steak for 15

I think those are just basically ribeyes, no?

Not sure really.

On another note: I'll take a good steak over a good burger. But I'd eat a burger more often than I would eat a steak.

I like burgers as much as anyone, but a good steak blows a good burger out of the water.

I like burgers as much as anyone, but a good steak blows a good burger out of the water.

Change your avatar. Fockers

+1, love black and bleu burgers encrusted in black peppercorns, with the caramelized onions and blue cheese crumbles...

Oh geesus man, you just rooned that fockin burger.

nothing like biting into a focking peppercorn - blech.

and blue cheese? Overpower much?

Simply cannot stand 'black and blue' anything when it comes to meat.

We're just following ancient history.

If I strip for you will you strip for me?

Here is your beef tip of the day.

A knock off of the ribeye steak is the chuck tender. Grill it exactly like you would a ribeye and enjoy the same flavor and tenderness at 1/2 the price.

I prefer a good Italian restaurant to a steak house now. Both menus are fairly stale, but I like the salad and apps better at an Italian place. Plus the specials are better

I prefer a good Italian restaurant to a steak house now. Both menus are fairly stale, but I like the salad and apps better at an Italian place. Plus the specials are better

I grew up in an Italian family so I am picky when it comes to those types of restaurants, but there is nothing better imo than top notch Italian food.

Proper marveling and fat content is very important to a good steak. The leaner the steak the tougher it is usually.

Filets don't have any fat and cut like butter.?. :dunno:

I grew up in an Italian family so I am picky when it comes to those types of restaurants, but there is nothing better imo than top notch Italian food.

I think northern Italian food is the best in the world. But I have to say the fresh seafood I had in Seattle was incredible.

i prefer other restaurants (often french) that offer steak to steakhouses. Steak is usually not on my radar when i go out for italian (fresh pastas, rabbit, veal, boar)

Oh geesus man, you just rooned that fockin burger.

nothing like biting into a focking peppercorn - blech.

and blue cheese? Overpower much?

Simply cannot stand 'black and blue' anything when it comes to meat.

To each their own :dunno: tastes good to me

And in the steak hierarchy there is tenderloin and then everything else. Sirloin vs strip vs rib eye are all pretty even to me. Dont have a notable favorite amongst those

i prefer other restaurants (often french) that offer steak to steakhouses. Steak is usually not on my radar when i go out for italian (fresh pastas, rabbit, veal, boar)

Boar?

Boar?

absolutely. not usually found at your typical checkerboard italian restaurants.

edit: ie: pappardelle with a wild boar ragu

Yeah but isn't it dryer in Arizona :dunno:

The air is, yes, but that doesn't mean the ostriches are. It just means that it doesn't feel as hot as the temperature would imply. AZ ostriches >>>>> ILL ostriches. Winning$#@!#@!$#@!$#@

Pretty sure you can have a butcher make your favorite steak into ground beef too right?

Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.

The air is, yes, but that doesn't mean the ostriches are. It just means that it doesn't feel as hot as the temperature would imply. AZ ostriches >>>>> ILL ostriches. Winning$#@!#@!$#@!$#@

I do know one thing, AZ has better lizards :thumbsup:

Here is your beef tip of the day.

A knock off of the ribeye steak is the chuck tender. Grill it exactly like you would a ribeye and enjoy the same flavor and tenderness at 1/2 the price.

Chuck eye steaks are phenomenal - I grill them all the time, would swear you were eating ribeye.. I also enjoy Tri tip steaks - I will make beef tips out of these.
  • Like 1

I do know one thing, AZ has better lizards :thumbsup:

You keep mentioning lizards; is this an MSM talking point I'm not aware of? Because when I bring up that Chicago is the murder capital of America, a cold place with fat chicks in sweatshirts, I'm told that those points are irrelevant. :dunno:

And meth.

If this is a Breaking Bad reference, that is New Mexico, not Arizona. :mad:

You keep mentioning lizards; is this an MSM talking point I'm not aware of? Because when I bring up that Chicago is the murder capital of America, a cold place with fat chicks in sweatshirts, I'm told that those points are irrelevant. :dunno:

If this is a Breaking Bad reference, that is New Mexico, not Arizona. :mad:

I am just screwing around about the lizards. I won't make you claim 7 lizards a day. I wouldn't mind having a good ostrich burger. My favorite non traditional burger was a gator burger at the Cajun place by me. That was damn tasty.

It's obvious those who would rather a burger have never had my signature ribeye steak prepared med rare to medium.

Steak should never ever be close to medium. Da fuk?

I sous vide my steaks. I cant grill to save my life, but with sous vide I make perfect steaks every time.

Throw it in the water for an hour or so and then sear for texture.

Heres the difference between a sous vide steak vs a traditionally grilled steak:

https://d3awvtnmmsvyot.cloudfront.net/api/file/g7bxNK6JRFO5Q4oG1VxF/convert?fit=max&w=1450&quality=60&cache=true&rotate=exif&compress=true