Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Sea vs NE is like ISIS vs Al Queada....

How the heck can you possibly root for either team? It's too bad it's not a real war where hopefully they'd destroy each other in the process. LOL!

Yawn. What a boring Super Bowl this will be. Other than Chowdheads or Seabag fans, does anyone really give a crap? Probably not.

The fun part of any will be being happy when one of the teams does something good only to pull back once you realize you just rooted for such an awful team.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Typical whining from Whiner nation.

Let's see, the upstart would-be "dynasty" trying to get its second straight super bowl title by beating the former dynasty that never really went away?

Both of these teams, by the way, pulling off an epic come-from-behind victory on the road to the title game?

Yeah sounds pretty lame :rolleyes:

Let's see, the upstart would-be "dynasty" trying to get its second straight super bowl title by beating the former dynasty that never really went away?

Both of these teams, by the way, pulling off an epic come-from-behind victory on the road to the title game?

Yeah sounds pretty lame :rolleyes:

this.

seriously, what's not to like?

Best two teams, led by brilliant yet humble qb's, best coach in the history of the game vs the guy who's created the NFC's dominant force.

Great game, best any real fans could ask for.

• Like 1

I guess I would like to see New England win because we dominated Seattle so thoroughly in their home and you'd hate to think you lost out on a chance to add to the NFL record 13 championships....

But, then again, we also recently dominated New England :doh:

It's lose/lose for Packer fans :dunno:

2 inferior teams playing the title :music_guitarred:

• Like 1

I guess I would like to see New England win because we dominated Seattle so thoroughly in their home and you'd hate to think you lost out on a chance to add to the NFL record 13 championships....

Yeah, a 5 point win where the other team drove the ball to the 20 with a chance to take the lead with 3 minutes left, is total domination. And that game you lost, total domination. You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I agree with this; I think Green Bay is better than both, and only some harmonic convergence in the Universe - assisted by McCarthy's own internal self-doubt - caused this Super Bowl matchup.

Yuck. SEA wins.

Yeah, a 5 point win where the other team drove the ball to the 20 with a chance to take the lead with 3 minutes left, is total domination. And that game you lost, total domination. You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Nah, it does. McCarthy did the same thing in that game too. :lol:

I agree with this; I think Green Bay is better than both, and only some harmonic convergence in the Universe - assisted by McCarthy's own internal self-doubt - caused this Super Bowl matchup.

Yuck. SEA wins.

Green bays defense was the worst of the teams remaining.

How the heck can you possibly root for either team? It's too bad it's not a real war where hopefully they'd destroy each other in the process. LOL!

Yawn. What a boring Super Bowl this will be. Other than Chowdheads or Seabag fans, does anyone really give a crap? Probably not.

The fun part of any will be being happy when one of the teams does something good only to pull back once you realize you just rooted for such an awful team.

Enjoy!

So you are going to compare people that are killing people to two teams playing in a football game ? Only Seabag is the one that started this post .

Green bays defense was the worst of the teams remaining.

I suppose if you live and die by a chart with statistics for the whole year, you could convince yourself of that.

Wilson: 14 yards in the first half. At CenturyLink.

Green Bay's defense is noticeably better than NE's.

colts got how many ?

colts got how many ?

Why did you ask the question instead of answering it? Plenty of articles available on the smoke and mirrors which is the Colts, and the turnover machine which is Luck.

Tell you what, though.

I bet that SEA scores more points in regulation against NE - in Arizona - than they did against GB in overtime @ home.

Total yards: 480 to 320

TOP: 36:35 to 23:25

Packers dominated that game. Davonte Adams makes the easiest of touchdown catches late and there is really no discussion about anything....

I'll admit... Bostick makes that easy play and Seattle was definitely dominated worse....

I'm not saying to not award a Lombardi trophy this year.... Unbelievable luck is a huge part of many championships (see tuck rule)... it's part of the game!

I'm just saying that we all know who the best team in the NFL is :lol:

• Like 1

Packer fan reduced to what if scenarios. Sad.

Why did you ask the question instead of answering it? Plenty of articles available on the smoke and mirrors which is the Colts, and the turnover machine which is Luck.

Tell you what, though.

I bet that SEA scores more points in regulation against NE - in Arizona - than they did against GB in overtime @ home.

because you used the first half of awful offense by an average offense as an indicator of how good green bays defense is, I just used a full game against s above average offense as an indicator of how good new England's D is.

Total yards: 480 to 320

TOP: 36:35 to 23:25

Packers dominated that game. Davonte Adams makes the easiest of touchdown catches late and there is really no discussion about anything....

I'll admit... Bostick makes that easy play and Seattle was definitely dominated worse....

I'm not saying to not award a Lombardi trophy this year.... Unbelievable luck is a huge part of many championships (see tuck rule)... it's part of the game!

I'm just saying that we all know who the best team in the NFL is :lol:

I suppose you "dominated" the Cowboys too, since you had 100 more yards of offense? Time of Possession and yards don't determine games. You won a home game by 5 points. Full stop. It's a tip that if the other team has a chance to take the lead with 3 minutes left, you didn't dominate sh!t. You settled for 4 field goals on red zone trips that game - 12 net yards on 13 plays. Maybe if your team had learned something from that instead of patting themselves on the back for "dominating" they'd be playing in the SuperBowl instead of working on their golf games. :lol:

because you used the first half of awful offense by an average offense as an indicator of how good green bays defense is, I just used a full game against s above average offense as an indicator of how good new England's D is.

I think it's easier to shut down Indy in Foxboro than it is to shut down SEA @ CenturyLink. My prerogative, of course.

But we'll see. I'm a fan of Russell Wilson, and I don't think he's likely to do what Luck does in big games.

I'll stick with my prediction: SEA 30 - NE 20.

I suppose you "dominated" the Cowboys too, since you had 100 more yards of offense? Time of Possession and yards don't determine games. You won a home game by 5 points. Full stop. It's a tip that if the other team has a chance to take the lead with 3 minutes left, you didn't dominate sh!t. You settled for 4 field goals on red zone trips that game - 12 net yards on 13 plays. Maybe if your team had learned something from that instead of patting themselves on the back for "dominating" they'd be playing in the SuperBowl instead of working on their golf games. :lol:

I actually think the problem is that McCarthy is horrible in the red zone with play calling. It's a couple years long problem at this point.

Maybe if your team had learned something from that instead of patting themselves on the back for "dominating" they'd be playing in the SuperBowl instead of working on their golf games. :lol:

It's not really golf weather up here yet :dunno:

They are probably skiing :thumbsup:

It's not really golf weather up here yet :dunno:

They are probably skiing :thumbsup:

I thought they were more into skating on thin ice. :)

I think it's easier to shut down Indy in Foxboro than it is to shut down SEA @ CenturyLink. My prerogative, of course.

I'm not really shutting down Seattle when, in the end, Seattle put up 400 yards of total offense anyway. None of it was garbage time production.

It's slowing them down, for a certain percentage of the game, at least the way I see it.

Packer fan reduced to what if scenarios. Sad.

You will never see a Seahawk fan do that

I'm not really shutting down Seattle when, in the end, Seattle put up 400 yards of total offense anyway. None of it was garbage time production.

It's slowing them down, for a certain percentage of the game, at least the way I see it.

I don't blame you seeing it that way, and I suppose we could argue whether the difference was as a result of a significant coaching shift - which is really the only point I've been making throughout these conversations. Obviously Green Bay is capable of completely shutting down SEA's offense; they did for 3 quarters of the game.

Green Bay doesn't have coaches who step on jugulars. I wish they did.

You will never see a Seahawk fan do that

Meh. Ignore him. I hurt his feewings when I called him classless. Right now he's all about trolling.

So distant from his genetic makeup, I'm sure. :lol:

I don't blame you seeing it that way, and I suppose we could argue whether the difference was as a result of a significant coaching shift - which is really the only point I've been making throughout these conversations. Obviously Green Bay is capable of completely shutting down SEA's offense; they did for 3 quarters of the game.

Green Bay doesn't have coaches who step on jugulars. I wish they did.

Along the same lines, Seattle did a great job on the GB offense. Gifted with amazing field position multiple times, they only put up 22 points, conservative play calling or not, that is pretty impressive on the defense's part.

Along the same lines, Seattle did a great job on the GB offense. Gifted with amazing field position multiple times, they only put up 22 points, conservative play calling or not, that is pretty impressive on the defense's part.

For sure.

I think NE will kill Seattle with the short passes, something Brady is great at. I read where the stats for NE with short pass completion is ranked 2nd in the nfl with Seattle ranked 27th in nfl for defending against the short pass. I think BB will find a way to stop Lynch leaving it up to seattles receiving core to do the most damage.

I think NE will kill Seattle with the short passes, something Brady is great at. I read where the stats for NE with short pass completion is ranked 2nd in the nfl with Seattle ranked 27th in nfl for defending against the short pass. I think BB will find a way to stop Lynch leaving it up to seattles receiving core to do the most damage.

I'm a little worried about this. But, Denver with all those weapons did a lot of short passes in the SB last year. That didn't work out so well.

Maybe Brady is better, but if the playoff's have showed us anything then this should be the first thing we try and stop. NE has been doing it all throughout the playoffs. (Little short quick dumpoff's)

Depends how we defend, but we should be playing it very tight since Brady's deep ball is not always the best and they usually don't even try to go deep.

I don't think NE has played a Def lately that will get up in your face like we do though. Balt sat back and let NE throw it underneith all day long and it killed them.

I don't see us letting that happen without smashing them first for little running after the fact. But, I hope we creep up on that stuff! If not, that will be a failure for our coaching staff. It's clear what NE does and needs to do.

Gronk over the middle is the other key to stop of course.

There will NOT be any killing of us though. That doesn't happen on this Def.

Shoud be a good close game. :thumbsup:

I'm a little worried about this. But, Denver with all those weapons did a lot of short passes in the SB last year. That didn't work out so well.

Maybe Brady is better, but if the playoff's have showed us anything then this should be the first thing we try and stop. NE has been doing it all throughout the playoffs. (Little short quick dumpoff's)

Depends how we defend, but we should be playing it very tight since Brady's deep ball is not always the best and they usually don't even try to go deep.

I don't think NE has played a Def lately that will get up in your face like we do though. Balt sat back and let NE throw it underneith all day long and it killed them.

I don't see us letting that happen without smashing them first for little running after the fact. But, I hope we creep up on that stuff! If not, that will be a failure for our coaching staff. It's clear what NE does and needs to do.

Gronk over the middle is the other key to stop of course.

There will NOT be any killing of us though. That doesn't happen on this Def.

Shoud be a good close game. :thumbsup:

It should be a great game. For last year with Denver it doesn't help those passes that Peyton started the game off with a safety either lol. He got rattled right after that and it was downhill. This gagne will def be no blowout but I expect a lot of passing from both sides

It should be a great game. For last year with Denver it doesn't help those passes that Peyton started the game off with a safety either lol. He got rattled right after that and it was downhill. This gagne will def be no blowout but I expect a lot of passing from both sides

NE is coached better. Brady doesn't panic as much as Manning.

But, I doubt one safety caused a complete meltdown for Denver. They were the most prolific offense the NFL has ever seen to date.

That being said, we have lost some pieces. We are weaker up the middle and Clemmons has been a huge loss for us for edge rushing and to take pressure off Avril. Also, Z. Miller is a big loss.

Regardless, we will come to play just like NE will. Should have a solid game plan I think, like NE will.

Wilson won't be giving it away and it won't be in the rain. Should have lots of fans there being so close to us.

I expect a good game. Maybe even OT or last drive for the win kind of thing.

Enjoy!

Go Hawks :first:

Yuck. SEA wins.

The Pats handed over 3 SB titles to Manning Bros, all in games they should have won except for some ridiculous variance... thats why its so hard to get there....

6 Times for Brady to the SB... just an amazing feat.

So you are going to compare people that are killing people to two teams playing in a football game ? Only Seabag is the one that started this post .

Oh relax - its an analogy that by the way has been quite the talk here at work. Even the SB squares pool we are doing is labeled as such. :headbanger:

Of course, I dont work at some pansy place where people have no sense of humor. :rolleyes: