Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Seahawks' RBs (for now)

glad he's on a team in our league that's already out of the playoffs.

that guy's team got decimated by injuries early, but now hitting their stride even though it's too late.

he's got David Johnson, Gore, R. Kelley, Rawls, Luck & Mariota, Eifert, Santos...all out of our playoffs.

Sh!t, i don't even know how a team with David Johnson on it can even miss the playoffs. That b@stard is throwing down serious points.

Sh!t, i don't even know how a team with David Johnson on it can even miss the playoffs. That b@stard is throwing down serious points.

Johnson got off to a "slow" start the first few games, and then this guy's team lost all 3 of their starting WRs to injury early, so really took it on the chin early and couldn't make it up.

Welp, another update for you from the scintillating game of Seattle-style Runningback Checkers:

RB George Farmer is waived, FB Will Tukuafu is out with a concussion, FB Marcel Reece is signed/added, Troymaine Pope seems recovered and active, Rawls is fine, C.J. Prosise remains injured...and there is still complete silence about Alex Collins' status, although at the time of this post, he remains on the roster.

In non-RB news, Earl Thomas has been placed on IR :( , and the 'Hawks have brought back (and signed) safety Jeron Johnson.

For more information, hit the link:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-bring-back-jeron-johnson-to-help-replace-void-left-by-earl-thomas-injury-also-sign-fb-marcel-reece/

Marshall, how long is Prosise out for?

Reece and Rawls as the starters with Prosise and Pope as the change of pace receiving rb's is something I'm really excited about.

Also, I'm all for bringing back double J. I was bummed out when he left for Wash. I know he flammed out there. But for us, I think he still makes a great backup.

• Like 1

Prosise is out up to 8 weeks.

Hmmm. Weeks 12 through 17, plus hopefully a bye week would be 7 weeks.

Maybe we could still get a game or 2 out of him.

Marshall, how long is Prosise out for?

Reece and Rawls as the starters with Prosise and Pope as the change of pace receiving rb's is something I'm really excited about.

Also, I'm all for bringing back double J. I was bummed out when he left for Wash. I know he flammed out there. But for us, I think he still makes a great backup.

I'm a bit stoked about Reece, too. Been watching him for years, and always admired his play. Oh, and there's this today:

"Carroll notes the experience Marcel Reece had with Tom Cable in Oakland and familiarity with system as a factor in his signing."

Ugh. As it turns out, RB Troymaine Pope was probably rushed back too early which apparently exacerbated his ankle injury. It is now labeled as "a pretty severe ankle sprain'' and he has been placed on IR. FB Will Tukuafu joins him there, not having managed to make it out of concussion protocol. (The recent addition of FB Marcel Reece turns out to have been great timing - thanks, Oakland!).

In a concurrent move, RB Kelvin Taylor (Fred Taylor's son) has been signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. (I'll be trying to learn more about him).

Lastly, while details are still vague or nonexistent, it's looking more and more likely that post-season is the earliest that C.J. Prosise may be able to return - if then. : /

Oh, and finally for now, still no mention whatsoever of Alex Collins' status (although fwiw, I just saw him listed along with Taylor as Rawls' backup on the depth chart).

Edited to add: Didn't realize that Taylor was a 6th-round pick for the Niners this year (he also appears to be a decent pass-catcher):

http://www.nfl.com/player/kelvintaylor/2555462/draft

You remember those hideous lime green alternative jerseys they had the year Jim Mora coached us. Thankfully that was a 1 and done experiment.

However, rumor has it they'll be wearing them on thursday night.

Oh the humanity. I knew Paul Allen should've burned them all.

You remember those hideous lime green alternative jerseys they had the year Jim Mora coached us. Thankfully that was a 1 and done experiment.

However, rumor has it they'll be wearing them on thursday night.

Oh the humanity. I knew Paul Allen should've burned them all.

Yes, I do.

*shudders*

Hey, an Alex Collins mention:

"Carroll said RB Alex Collins was sick before Green Bay game but played anyway. Said was best he's played, other than fumble."

With Kelvin Taylor inactive, Seattle is going with two tailbacks tonight --- Rawls and Collins.

Also of note, Marcel Reece is active.

Pick yer poison! : )

Comon Rawls. You had 10 weeks of rest with 4 games of tune up.

Time to show up!

pretty sure he showed up against carolina...i should know i faced him that week

In Saturday's tilt against the Lions it was immensely gratifying to witness the return of run-blocking to the 'Hawks' repetoire. It was rewarding, too - yielding 165 yards and a TD for Thomas Rawls, for instance. Although there were also changes made (for the better imo) to the OL's routine for that game, I am convinced that FB Marcel Reece was a significant factor in that improvement. Consider:

Seattle used fullback (Reece) on 33 snaps against Lions. Had used fullback just 107 snaps in 16 regular season games.

Unfortunately, Marcel had his foot stepped on in that game. While the initial concern was that it was broken, that does not appear to be the case now - although we will probably have to wait a day or two for an update on his status.

In other news, C.J. Prosise is expected back at practice tomorrow (Tuesday). (Caution: excitement should be tempered by recalling that he is recovering from a broken shoulder blade). Probably the earliest we will have official word on his status will be Thursday (as the Seahawks always fly out two days prior to any Eastern time zone game, they will be leaving Thursday) - although there is always the chance that it may be a GTD. We'll see, I guess. Here's hoping!

Looking good so far - cautiously optimistic:

Pete Carroll: Thomas Rawks "looks great" after 27 carries. Marcel Reece (foot) practicing today, bouncing back well for Sat at ATL .

Gregg Bell @gbellseattle 32m32 minutes ago

Pete Carroll: C.J. Prosise will "work thru the week...he's going to have to go full speed, let it rip. If he's holding back he won't play"

If Rawls and CJ can stay healthy long term that's gonna be a hell of a 1-2 punch going forward

If Rawls and CJ can stay healthy long term that's gonna be a hell of a 1-2 punch going forward

Yep. And if they combine those two with the vastly underrated Marcel Reece, they'll be pretty much golden. :)

There is a sweet piece on Marcel Reece today. It's really heartening to see that the 'Hawks realize what they have in him:

Russell Wilson had just taken the final snap and knelt down to end his most recent playoff victory.

But the Seahawks’ franchise quarterback didn’t keep the ball as a memento for himself.

He turned behind him in the offense’s victory formation and presented the ball to a nine-year veteran fullback. A man who had never been to the playoffs until last Saturday night, when he started and finished Seattle’s reviving win over Detroit in the wild card round.

“This one’s for you,” Wilson told Marcel Reece. “First one.”

“Most people probably didn’t catch it. It meant a lot to me,” Reece said Tuesday as he and the Seahawks (11-5-1) prepared for Saturday’s NFC divisional playoff game at Atlanta (11-5). “It was right on the field, we were in victory offense and it was the last kneel-down.

“It was a great experience. My first playoff appearance — and my first playoff win.”

... Line coach Tom Cable said Reece’s innate sense for where to plow the running lane for the tailback is the best blocking awareness for a Seahawks fullback since Michael Robinson excelled at that for the team from 2010-13. ...

Add undeniable pass-catching ability to that (like Prosise, he is a former receiver), and you have one of my favorite players. :)

For more on Reece (as well as Prosise, Rawls and the O-line), hit the link: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article125807389.html

Edited to add another good article on Reece: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/marcel-reese-leads-the-way-for-seahawks-runners/

Thursday update:

Prosise was a full participant in practice, and Reece is not on the injury report.

Friday, from Atlanta:

Bob Condotta @bcondotta now54 seconds ago

Seahawks have officially listed CJ Prosise as questionable for Saturday. Only player with a designation.

Torn on this. On the one hand, I cannot wait to see him on the field with Reece and Rawls for the first time. That combo may well be the deciding factor in the Falcons matchup. On the other, it would bite if he suffered a setback that adversely affected his permanent recovery.

CJ is out

Was really looking forward to seeing him on the field again, so it's an undeniable disappointment.

Still, it's reassuring to see that the team is taking such care to ensure that he will be whole and healthy upon his eventual return. There had been great speculation about Prosise being used as a decoy today (especially if he wasn't 100%), so I'm glad to see that theory quashed.

I just got a CJ Prosise Contenders Championship Ticket Autograph RC in the mail today! bought off ebay

• Like 1