Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Super Bowl XLVI: New England Patriots v. New York Giants

Wrong buddy.

Technically we are talking about the 2011 season, therefore 2001 - 2011 = 10 years. Keep on trying tho!

3 > 2 :)

Okay, you've got me on a technicality. Still, you have to admit that reaching back 10 years is quite a stretch. Let's talk more recent history - say, oh I don't know, about 5 years. What do we have then?

2 > 0 :headbanger:

But I'll be nice...we can go back 6 years if you want:

Still 2 > 0 :overhead:

Okay, okay, we can go back 7 years if you insist. What do we have then?

2 > 1 :banana: Sorry, still looks better for the G-Men.

If we go back any further than that we might as well just look at total franchise championships. What do we have there?

4 > 3 :doublethumbsup:

The fat lady sang for the Pats "dynasty" a long time ago little buddy.

Wrong buddy.

Technically we are talking about the 2011 season, therefore 2001 - 2011 = 10 years. Keep on trying tho!

Here are the last 10 Super bowl winners and I am pretty sure NE is only on there twice but that was a long time ago.

Oh and congratulations on NE tying the record for Super Bowl loses and going under .500 in Super Bowls

1 - NYG

2 - GB

3 - NO

4 - PIT

5 - NYG

6 - IND

7 - PIT

8 - NE

9 - NE

10- TB

Okay, you've got me on a technicality. Still, you have to admit that reaching back 10 years is quite a stretch. Let's talk more recent history - say, oh I don't know, about 5 years. What do we have then?

2 > 0 :headbanger:

But I'll be nice...we can go back 6 years if you want:

Still 2 > 0 :overhead:

Okay, okay, we can go back 7 years if you insist. What do we have then?

2 > 1 :banana: Sorry, still looks better for the G-Men.

If we go back any further than that we might as well just look at total franchise championships. What do we have there?

4 > 3 :doublethumbsup:

The fat lady sang for the Pats "dynasty" a long time ago little buddy.

Still jealous of of Title Town I see..

Really I could care less if the Giants have won 2 over the past 5 years. They still aren't a dynasty bud. 3 championships, 5 conference titles, 9 division titles, 11 straight winning records, all over the past 11 seasons..now THAT'S a dynasty.

Still jealous of of Title Town I see..

Really I could care less if the Giants have won 2 over the past 5 years. They still aren't a dynasty bud. 3 championships, 5 conference titles, 9 division titles, 11 straight winning records, all over the past 11 seasons..now THAT'S a dynasty.

Title Town is in Wisconsin.

And not winning a Super Bowl since 2005...the dynasty is over.

Title Town is in Wisconsin.

LOFOCKINGL.

15-1 and DONE? Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Between the Bruins, Pats, Sox, and Celtics we've had our share of titles over the past 10 years, more than any other city to be exact.

Seriously man, Wisconsin?? LOL

LOFOCKINGL.

15-1 and DONE? Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Between the Bruins, Pats, Sox, and Celtics we've had our share of titles over the past 10 years, more than any other city to be exact.

Seriously man, Wisconsin?? LOL

Keep telling myself that?

More titles than any other NFL team shows me that.

Since this is a football board and all.

Keep telling myself that?

More titles than any other NFL team shows me that.

Since this is a football board and all.

And?

More titles than any other city in all 4 major sports shows me that Boston is the new Title Town.

Oh and incase you forgot, this is a "fantasy" football forum :)

The PATRIOTS ONLY WON ONLY 1 GAME versus TEAMS with a winning record ALL SEASON. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

That means all 15 GAMES they won this season were facing teams with NO WINNING RECORD.

This is AS soft AS it gets.

Giants 9-7...vs. 8-8 teams: 5-1...vs. teams over .500: 1-3...vs teams under 500: 3-3

Patriots 13-3...vs. 8-8 teams: 7-0...vs. teams over .500: 0-2..vs teams under 500: 6-1

Games over, Pats lost....but just saying...

And?

More titles than any other city in all 4 major sports shows me that Boston is the new Title Town.

Description of the FF Today Board

"The place for fantasy football and nfl discussion, breaking news, etc... fantasy football talk at it's best!"

It is not just a fantasy football forum.

Boston is what? I guess...what is Foxboro then? LOL

Keep trying...funny watching you reach and continue to prove yourself a fool.

Probably just best to log out of this account and go back to your previous one.

And?

My gosh.

Grow up you loser. The Patriots lost a 2nd time this SEASON to the new york giants. All that yip yap about better team, 2 week for Brady & Belicheat, revenge factor and praying for Tommy didn't do them a thing.

The better team won...AGAIN.

Now you are going to talk about who did what in 3 other sports? hahahahahaa!!

And?

Really? More titles than any other city in all 4 major sports?

Celtics - 17

Pats - 3

Red Sox - 7

Boston Bruins - 6

NY Yankees - 27

NY Giants - 4

NY Rangers - 4

I'll leave off the Knicks, since those 3 NY teams beat the Boston total. Care to revise your statement? :unsure:

And?

When a city/area has a good run of titles or success, it's like a magnet for idiots to think success in a given period outweighs all sports history.

You were probably one of the idiots calling up Boston sports radio yesterday saying the Patriots shouldn't resign Welker.

Signed.

A Bostonian

When a city/area has a good run of titles or success, it's like a magnet for idiots to think success in a given period outweighs all sports history.

You were probably one of the idiots calling up Boston sports radio yesterday saying the Patriots shouldn't resign Welker.

Signed.

A Bostonian

You are the bitterest, homerist of all Patriots fans.

2004 bro, its the new 1918. Can't wait to teach it to the grand kids. :lol:

I'm not looking to participate in much of the stupidity that's on display in this thread.

I'll just say that I'm disappointed NE lost but fully believe the better, more talented team (NYG) won.

The expectations for this Pats fan went something like this in 2011:

- preseason they sign Ocho and Haynesworth, I'm thinking they'll be great. I believe.

- a few weeks in, both Ocho and Haynesworth are busts. The defense is awful. I don't believe.

- DEN beats PIT, GB and NO get knocked out of the playoffs - NE's playoff road gets easy. I believe again.

All along NE wasn't a great team this year, but the chips were just falling their way and I really started thinking/seeing that they could win another Lombardi.

and it didn't happen.

Made for a tough loss (not as bad as 18-1, but I was still all-in believing they could win).

Again, congrats to the Giants - they were better team.

But I am still optimistic about NE's future. Their run isn't over yet. Pats fans still have a few more years of this before it's gone, I'm just hoping they can get one more before it's over.

I'm not looking to participate in much of the stupidity that's on display in this thread.

I'll just say that I'm disappointed NE lost but fully believe the better, more talented team (NYG) won.

The expectations for this Pats fan went something like this in 2011:

- preseason they sign Ocho and Haynesworth, I'm thinking they'll be great. I believe.

- a few weeks in, both Ocho and Haynesworth are busts. The defense is awful. I don't believe.

- DEN beats PIT, GB and NO get knocked out of the playoffs - NE's playoff road gets easy. I believe again.

All along NE wasn't a great team this year, but the chips were just falling their way and I really started thinking/seeing that they could win another Lombardi.

and it didn't happen.

Made for a tough loss (not as bad as 18-1, but I was still all-in believing they could win).

Again, congrats to the Giants - they were better team.

But I am still optimistic about NE's future. Their run isn't over yet. Pats fans still have a few more years of this before it's gone, I'm just hoping they can get one more before it's over.

Good to see you posting TD, I was starting to worry. :D

Good to see you posting TD, I was starting to worry. :D

Admittedly - I was in no mood for sports radio or fftoday right after the game. But you may have noticed that have not had much time for posting over the last few weeks -

I am getting to the point though where I wonder how the BUF fans dealt with 4 straight losses. Next year is the same again - we know NE will be good... 11 to 13 wins? But can they win it all? You have to be good and a bit lucky for it to all come together.

NE was more lucky to be there than good in this last one.

They've been more good than lucky in other years.

But elements of both are always there.

We'll see but once again the reg. season becomes almost meaningless - and that's a spoiled place to be (I know) -

Admittedly - I was in no mood for sports radio or fftoday right after the game. But you may have noticed that have not had much time for posting over the last few weeks -

I am getting to the point though where I wonder how the BUF fans dealt with 4 straight losses. Next year is the same again - we know NE will be good... 11 to 13 wins? But can they win it all? You have to be good and a bit lucky for it to all come together.

We'll see but once again the reg. season becomes almost meaningless - and that's a spoiled place to be (I know) -

:thumbsup:

It sucks to lose the big one, even when it's to the better team.

Hopefully they will be better next year, and make luck less of a factor, but who knows? We have a lot of cap space and a nice collection of draft picks again, but somehow they just can't seem to put together personnel-wise. Maybe next year.

:thumbsup:

but somehow they just can't seem to put together personnel-wise. Maybe next year.

bingo - once again they've had a great season and are positioned with draft picks and cap space to improve - this is where they've struggled. BB the coach is among GOAT partly b/c BB the GM can't give him the best drafts/FAs to work with - average GMing with HOF coaching.

3 > 2!

:)

What do those other 3 have to do with this current game that you were completely wrong about?

BTW...4>3...you know 4 Super Bowls, the number of Super Bowl rings the Packers have...and the number the Pats would have had they not just lost...AGAIN.

Oh, and the Giants have more than 2 Super Bowls in their franchise history...since you are wanting to go back to pick up the Pats 3 titles and all.

Ya know, this sounds lame but NE's problem might be their useless, lethargic division and general lack of real competition in the rest of the AFC. As I felt before, NE, Baltimore, and most of the other "top" AFC teams had 9-7/10-6 talent but better records due to being less sucky than other teams. Its just, I dunno, back when NE had to travel to Pitt and beat them or off to SD and win there years back to get the SB.... it probably helped them. Now, they are gauranteed wins because there is no way to make a tough schedule in the AFC. Indy is done. Pitt is slowing down. Baltimore is getting old and never has an offense. Houston lucked out and arent as good as their record indicated. The Chargers and Jets are over- rated and crappy. Cinncy is very young. There just isnt much going on in the AFC.

Ya know, this sounds lame but NE's problem might be their useless, lethargic division and general lack of real competition in the rest of the AFC. As I felt before, NE, Baltimore, and most of the other "top" AFC teams had 9-7/10-6 talent but better records due to being less sucky than other teams. Its just, I dunno, back when NE had to travel to Pitt and beat them or off to SD and win there years back to get the SB.... it probably helped them. Now, they are gauranteed wins because there is no way to make a tough schedule in the AFC. Indy is done. Pitt is slowing down. Baltimore is getting old and never has an offense. Houston lucked out and arent as good as their record indicated. The Chargers and Jets are over- rated and crappy. Cinncy is very young. There just isnt much going on in the AFC.

Same thing could have been said about the NFC as recently as.....last year.

And Houston didn't luck into anything. Do you actually watch football? Seriously, I can never make up my mind as to whether you are just a retarded football fan or a very good troll.

And Houston didn't luck into anything. Do you actually watch football? Seriously, I can never make up my mind as to whether you are just a retarded football fan or a very good troll.

Dude come on. Houston totally lucked out losing it's best defensive player for the year, it's top wide receiver for the majority of the season and it's 1st and 2nd string QBs for the playoffs.

Healthy Houston might be the most complete team in the league.

Dude come on. Houston totally lucked out losing it's best defensive player for the year, it's top wide receiver for the majority of the season and it's 1st and 2nd string QBs for the playoffs.

The Texans would have been formidable if they had stayed healthy. But...do you really see Matt Schaub winning a Superbowl? I don't. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I just don't see it.

The Texans would have been formidable if they had stayed healthy. But...do you really see Matt Schaub winning a Superbowl? I don't. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I just don't see it.

Only reason I say its impossible is he will never be healthy enough to play....otherwise I think he could have this season

I agree, they were fantastic considering they were starting a raw rookie QB and one of the best defensive ends in the league was out for the year. Kudos to them for building such a strong defense and run game.

I was contesting Roadlizard saying they aren't as good as their record.

Peyton Manning went down, which MIGHT have opened the door a little bit for Houston. Just a thought. Jaxonville sucks. Houston = Automatic division winner in 2011. Houston has 8-8 talent and an 8-8 coach like they've always had.

Im a retarded troll..... fock your eggs! :cheers: