Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Next in line Aziz Ansari...this is getting stupid

I've been saying for months in these threads....Yes, of course it was going to go too far. There would be over reactions and course corrections that had to occur. We are in month 3-4 of trying to improve a 2000+ year problem. Everyone expected it to go perfectly?

I am more of a macro thinker than a micro thinker. Today may be sloppy, but the next 100 years will be better off for all of this occurring. It's a huge net positive.

Right? Who cares if a bunch of careers get ruined. It's for the long term good. These guys who's careers are ruined need to just suck it up and take one for the team!

I've been saying for months in these threads....Yes, of course it was going to go too far. There would be over reactions and course corrections that had to occur. We are in month 3-4 of trying to improve a 2000+ year problem. Everyone expected it to go perfectly?

I am more of a macro thinker than a micro thinker. Today may be sloppy, but the next 100 years will be better off for all of this occurring. It's a huge net positive.

Probably right. Just sucks that there needs to be a few sacrificial lambs. I know the opposite is true as well...Millions of women have been the lambs. Glad to see the woman in this story being called out.

Here you go. Ahsley Banfield, perfect for this. Not exactly known as an anti-feminist. She said it perfectly.

"....The only thing this guy deserves is a bad case of blue balls, not a Hollywood BlackBall. "

...and now the tide shifts. (hopefully).

Nice to see this finally

Problem is, I remember when they said that BC of Anita Hill.

Sure, most have stopped putting pubic hairs on Coke cans...

Anita Hill was a big step. It resulted in harassment victims having more legal rights. The problem wasn't solved, nor will it be after this movement loses steam, but I welcome any net improvements in how we treat each other as people, and I'm confident that this movement will qualify, in spite of some broken eggs.

Right? Who cares if a bunch of careers get ruined. It's for the long term good. These guys who's careers are ruined need to just suck it up and take one for the team!

Or I could say......Who cares if thousands upon thousands of women have their lives harmed or ruined? These girls need to suck it up and take on for the team so that no careers are ruined.

Yes, I'd prefer perfection where only the guilty get called out and the reactions to each action are perfectly measured appropriately. But if I can't have that, I'll fall on the side of what I consider to be the greater long term good.

Can I get an example of someones career being unfairly ruined over this #metoo stuff?

Can I get an example of someones career being unfairly ruined over this #metoo stuff?

Garrison Keeler. Not joking when I say I will never listen to a Minnesota Public radio program. Something I have done for years. A prairy home companion was something I really enjoyed.

• Like 1

Probably right. Just sucks that there needs to be a few sacrificial lambs. I know the opposite is true as well...Millions of women have been the lambs. Glad to see the woman in this story being called out.

It's the only way I know how to handle it.

Our entire culture is one in which the fringes are too loud right now. Politics obviously, but even on this issue. One fringe will act like every man that has ever done anything wrong is Harvey Wienstien and they don't want to differentiate between his actions and Ben Affleck honking a boob...........The other fringe will argue that this Aziz Ansari bulllshiit proves the movement needs to go away completely and seemingly prefers things the way they were.

We have to trust that the fringes will tire of their yelling soon and that a larger more moderate group will sustain. That group will blacklist someone like Weinstein AND quickly determine Ansari is fine and doesn't need to suffer any more than the embarrassment of having to deal with a bullshiit accuser. And we have to label that accuser as such publicly if we get the chance.

It's the only way I know how to handle it.

Our entire culture is one in which the fringes are too loud right now. Politics obviously, but even on this issue. One fringe will act like every man that has ever done anything wrong is Harvey Wienstien and they don't want to differentiate between his actions and Ben Affleck honking a boob...........The other fringe will argue that this Aziz Ansari bulllshiit proves the movement needs to go away completely and seemingly prefers things the way they were.

We have to trust that the fringes will tire of their yelling soon and that a larger more moderate group will sustain. That group will blacklist someone like Weinstein AND quickly determine Anari is fine and doesn't need to suffer any more than the embarrassment of having to deal with a bullshiit accuser. And we have to label that accuser as such publicly if we get the chance.

Spot on

Garrison Keeler. Not joking when I say I will never listen to a Minnesota Public radio program. Something I have done for years. A prairy home companion was something I really enjoyed.

That one does sound pretty focking dumb.

Or I could say......Who cares if thousands upon thousands of women have their lives harmed or ruined? These girls need to suck it up and take on for the team so that no careers are ruined.

Yes, I'd prefer perfection where only the guilty get called out and the reactions to each action are perfectly measured appropriately. But if I can't have that, I'll fall on the side of what I consider to be the greater long term good.

Say No. This passive aggressive, after the fact I wasn't comfortable therefore it meant no bullsh*t needs to stop. If you say no and he does it anyways it's rape. This really isn't that difficult and it doesn't need a movement. If women are doing things they don't want to do that's on them.

I will not recognize the #meetoo movement until it includes women-on-men sexual harrassment. This is a two way street.

They show zero outrage about female teachers being in the news on what seems like a daily basis for sexual offenses.

• Like 1

Spacey seems like an immediate answer. Did absolutely nothing.

He was accused of groping minors. I dont know what portion of those stories is true but I am guessing most of it. I doubt its ruined Spaceys life.

Say No. This passive aggressive, after the fact I wasn't comfortable therefore it meant no bullsh*t needs to stop. If you say no and he does it anyways it's rape. This really isn't that difficult and it doesn't need a movement. If women are doing things they don't want to do that's on them.

From a black and white crime or no crime standpoint, yes I agree with you. ......But real life isn't usually so black and white. These women are put in positions in which their desire to not give a guy a blowjob has to be measured against the damage or loss of a job or even career.

Young girls, not as strong or self assured as us 40 year old men.....often broke....not wanting to call dad and tell him you have to move back home because you got fired for not giving a blowjob to a guy as him.....Sure, when it comes to rape or not a rape, you've got it totally right. But what needs to change culturally is that we shouldn't be ok with our daughters having to make these choices.

To add to my last post.....

I tend to lean towards the male side in terms of date rape and whatnot. When it comes to the actual events of a night, if things are questionable and we are arguing about lines and what is rape, I consider the fact that we are even debating it to be solid evidence on the guy's behalf. If you decide the next day or a week later you weren't into it, tough tittties.

Where I side hard with the women is when it comes to the workplace. If you have the ability to influence someones career outlook, then you don't get the same benefit of the doubt in my mind. Because women shouldn't have to deal with that shiit.

I will not recognize the #meetoo movement until it includes women-on-men sexual harrassment. This is a two way street.

I've been saying from the jump, why isn't anybody reporting the dozens of stories of actual rape going on between adult women and underage minors?

See, that's actual rate by act and by definition. It's not trailer Swift getting her fully clothed hiney touched for 3 seconds.

The media on both sides doesn't report the news anymore, unless it sustains a predetermined narrative. And God forbid you report something that contradicts that narrative. Just look at that chucklehead Bennett's claim that he was racially profiled in Vegas.

To add to my last post.....

I tend to lean towards the male side in terms of date rape and whatnot. When it comes to the actual events of a night, if things are questionable and we are arguing about lines and what is rape, I consider the fact that we are even debating it to be solid evidence on the guy's behalf. If you decide the next day or a week later you weren't into it, tough tittties.

Where I side hard with the women is when it comes to the workplace. If you have the ability to influence someones career outlook, then you don't get the same benefit of the doubt in my mind. Because women shouldn't have to deal with that shiit.

I agree with what you're saying falcon. I agree with what Strike is saying when it comes to a "normal" man/woman, but not when it comes to 16-20somethings in Hollywood who need to bend over as a rite of passage into the movie industry. Good discussion fellas. :cheers:

From a black and white crime or no crime standpoint, yes I agree with you. ......But real life isn't usually so black and white. These women are put in positions in which their desire to not give a guy a blowjob has to be measured against the damage or loss of a job or even career.

Young girls, not as strong or self assured as us 40 year old men.....often broke....not wanting to call dad and tell him you have to move back home because you got fired for not giving a blowjob to a guy as him.....Sure, when it comes to rape or not a rape, you've got it totally right. But what needs to change culturally is that we shouldn't be ok with our daughters having to make these choices.

There shouldn't be a choice. You walk away. EVERY time. Just like if my job asked me to do something unethical. I would simply walk away despite what it might do to my career. I have morals, and I'm not willing to cross that line. Period. So yeah, to me it is a black and white issue.

There shouldn't be a choice. You walk away. EVERY time. Just like if my job asked me to do something unethical. I would simply walk away despite what it might do to my career. I have morals, and I'm not willing to cross that line. Period. So yeah, to me it is a black and white issue.

There are always exceptions, but I don't associate these women giving in to having a lack of morals....To me it's more about strength, perspective, and confidence.....It takes some Perspective to realize your career isn't the be all end all. It takes a lot of Confidence to know you can lose it all and start over somewhere else. And if you have that perspective and confidence, hopefully it gives you the Strength to walk away when giving in would be the easier short term answer.

I'm a 40 year old man. I have the utmost belief in my Morals, but I'm still a work in progress at times when it comes to strength, perspective, and confidence......I have to imagine it's an issue for these 19 year old girls, especially seeing that I remember 19 year old girls.

But that's just me. I admire you if you are so resolute that you'd never fall on the wrong side of these lines under any circumstance.

There are always exceptions, but I don't associate these women giving in to having a lack of morals....To me it's more about strength, perspective, and confidence.....It takes some Perspective to realize your career isn't the be all end all. It takes a lot of Confidence to know you can lose it all and start over somewhere else. And if you have that perspective and confidence, hopefully it gives you the Strength to walk away when giving in would be the easier short term answer.

I'm a 40 year old man. I have the utmost belief in my Morals, but I'm still a work in progress at times when it comes to strength, perspective, and confidence......I have to imagine it's an issue for these 19 year old girls, especially seeing that I remember 19 year old girls.

But that's just me. I admire you if you are so resolute that you'd never fall on the wrong side of these lines under any circumstance.

I don't really believe that their careers are over if they don't perform these acts. If they're willing to end their career they should walk away and scream what happened from the mountain tops. If they want to continue their career just walk away and go on to the next interview. There are so many opportunities. It's not like Hollywood is the only option. There is Broadway, regional theatre, and as you make a name for yourself other opportunities will appear. The bottom line is you have to have your own morals and ethics and stand by them IMO.

Amazing they all get in line to defend this guy. Hmmmmm. I wonder why. And when does Ice-t get called out for being an actual pimp?

What self-respecting woman would let that little twerp, rape her?

Stephen Hawking could fight him off

I don't really believe that their careers are over if they don't perform these acts. If they're willing to end their career they should walk away and scream what happened from the mountain tops. If they want to continue their career just walk away and go on to the next interview. There are so many opportunities. It's not like Hollywood is the only option. There is Broadway, regional theatre, and as you make a name for yourself other opportunities will appear. The bottom line is you have to have your own morals and ethics and stand by them IMO.

Obviously Jennifer Lawrence can say no and move on to the next interview. She has the power to take your moral stand.

But an unknown girl screaming that she didn't get a part because she wouldn't give a guy a blowjob has no voice or influence......Think of it like this. The problem is in all workplaces, not just Hollywood. Yet I really haven't seen any stories about non famous women losing their jobs because they were harassed by non famous or non rich men. It's because there are no mountain tops besides possibly their facebook feed for them to scream from.

Sure, I wish they could all have the strength to stand up for themselves every time. It still doesn't mean we should be ok with them having to make those decisions so often.

Obviously Jennifer Lawrence can say no and move on to the next interview. She has the power to take your moral stand.

But an unknown girl screaming that she didn't get a part because she wouldn't give a guy a blowjob has no voice or influence......Think of it like this. The problem is in all workplaces, not just Hollywood. Yet I really haven't seen any stories about non famous women losing their jobs because they were harassed by non famous or rich men. It's because there are no mountain tops besides possibly their facebook feed for them to scream from.

Sure, I wish they could all have the strength to stand up for themselves every time. It still doesn't mean we should be ok with them having to make those decisions so often.

1) i'm not ok with it. Nor am I ok with a case like this where a chick is trying to ANONYMOUSLY destroy a guy's career over dater's remorse.

2) You have no idea how many are having to make these decisions how often. We have a very small percentage of all the women who work in Hollywood making these accusations. it's much like the BLM mantra about cops killing blacks. The percentages are minuscule in actuality but it's been made in to a huge issue. Ridiculous.

1) i'm not ok with it. Nor am I ok with a case like this where a chick is trying to ANONYMOUSLY destroy a guy's career over dater's remorse.

In snowflake world you know you were a bit rapey and you feel guilty about it. Real world, you better deny everything.

WHY THE PRICE OF BITCOIN, ETHEREUM AND LITECOIN JUST TANKED

The price of bitcoin dropped as much as 20 percent early Tuesday after regulators in South Korea repeated warnings they may ban cryptocurrency trading.
Cryptocurrencies across the board took a hit, with all of the top 100 digital coins listed by CoinMarketCap dropping in value.
More than $160 billion was wiped off the value of all cryptocurrencies listed by the website in the space of 10 hours, highlighting the remarkable volatility in the market.
Markets started to rebound by 7 a.m. ET Tuesday, but bitcoin’s price was still down 12 percent down from 24 hours ago, 20 percent down from a week ago and down 40 percent from an all-time high of $20,000 a month ago.
Ethereum was down more than 12 percent, while Ripple, a cryptocurrency that has increased in value 30,000 percent during 2017, was down 18 percent — an almost 40 percent drop in the last seven days.
In an interview with TBS radio, South Korean Finance Minister Kim Dong-yeon said shutting down cryptocurrency exchanges is still an option but such measures would need “serious” discussion at government level.
This gave traders hope Seoul would not completely ban trading, but simply introduce more regulation.

Sucking the of a passed out teenager is nothing?

Rumors of Spacey's sexual harassment have spanned the globe for decades.

If there is a single person besides Weinstein that deserves to be ruined and probably behind bars it is gay pedo Spacey.

There is a reason Netflix fired him and he disappeared so fast, because he is guilty as .

Here is a good piece about Aziz:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/01/the-humiliation-of-aziz-ansari/550541/

Was Grace frozen, terrified, stuck? No. She tells us that she wanted something from Ansari and that she was trying to figure out how to get it. She wanted affection, kindness, attention. Perhaps she hoped to maybe even become the famous man’s girlfriend. He wasn’t interested. What she felt afterward—rejected yet another time, by yet another man—was regret. And what she and the writer who told her story created was 3,000 words of revenge porn. The clinical detail in which the story is told is intended not to validate her account as much as it is to hurt and humiliate Ansari. Together, the two women may have destroyed Ansari’s career, which is now the punishment for every kind of male sexual misconduct, from the grotesque to the disappointing.

It's scary to read that some of you didn't know there are Indians that are Muslim.

Pakistan was formerly India.

It's scary to read that some of you didn't know there are Indians that are Muslim.

Pakistan was formerly India.

Before it was Constantinople.

Meaning that there were so many Indians that were Muslim, they created a separate country because if it.

(My simplistic view of the creation of Pakistan)

Meaning that there were so many Indians that were Muslim, they created a separate country because if it.

(My simplistic view of the creation of Pakistan)

Two countries actually. Bangladesh was also part of India, and then became East Pakistan before demanding and getting independence.

The green stripe in the Indian flag is for Muslims. (The orange one is for Hindus.)

• Like 1

The green stripe in the Indian flag is for Muslims. (The orange one is for Hindus.)

What are you, making this up?

Everybody knows that orange is for Protestant and green is for Catholic.

Twas always Thus.