Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

RB Roles for all 32 teams

Isn't 2 minute situation a subset of hurry up? Seems weird to have both categories.

Isn't 2 minute situation a subset of hurry up? Seems weird to have both categories.

I almost think hurry up is more like less than a minute with only like 1 timeout. 2 minutes is a long if you only need to go like 30-40 yards to kick a field goal

That's fair, but he has the same back listed for 2 min and hurry up for 31 out of 32 teams. It feels a bit misleading looking at the chart and seeing Booker in 3 slots and Lindsay in 2, but no one would actually take Booker over Lindsay would they?

Fair point. I was thinking more about listing each of the meaningful situations when I was doing the article than trying to reducing the number of categories. The two usually get lumped together, so your point makes a lot of sense.

I almost think hurry up is more like less than a minute with only like 1 timeout. 2 minutes is a long if you only need to go like 30-40 yards to kick a field goal

I think seafoam is thinking along the same lines that I am.
I'll just say that when I did two-minute, I was thinking about who is usually on the field at the end of each half. When I did hurry-up, I was thinking more about no-huddle and negative game script scenarios, which aren't always strictly end-of-half situations.

I believe they both essentially mean no huddle

this is useful. Thanks.

I am not sure your assessment of Houston Rbs is correct. Miller and Blue seem to share snaps 55/45.. very close to 50/50

I am not sure your assessment of Houston Rbs is correct. Miller and Blue seem to share snaps 55/45.. very close to 50/50

I know it has moved that way in recent weeks, but I'm not quite ready to call it a split backfield. Last week, the snap count was 41-25 Miller.