Photo

Your team is out -- which team are you rooting for?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DonS

DonS

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Which team are you rooting for if your favorite team missed the playoffs or were eliminated?

As a long suffering Bills fan I am pulling for the Frank Reich coached Indianapolis Colts. Would love to see Reich get a ring.

I was in attendance at Rich Stadium when Reich led the Bills to the greatest comeback in NFL history. What a memory.

https://www.si.com/n...-houston-oilers
"37??" -- Dante Hicks

#2 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

I cheer for whoever is playing new England. Everyone else I'm pretty indifferent towards. Cowboys and Eagles seem to have a high percentage of annoying fans, but I don't have much against the teams.

#3 posty

FF Geek

• Members
  • 38,492 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

Hoping for a Patriots - Cowboys Super Bowl...

#4 Super Cubs

Super Cubs

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

Now that the Texans are out I'll move on to the Astros.

#5 weepaws

weepaws

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,085 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

Rooting for Rivers to win a Super Bowl.

Would like to see both the Colts and Chargers win in the afc.

And Saints and Rams both win in the nfc.
Godswillbedone Revelation 20:15. And who so ever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
All ways lead to God, everyone one will be judged and then sentence, but there is only one way to Heaven and thats though Jesus Christ Lord and Savior. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost Romans 15:13

Isaiah 12:2. Luke 14:23. Daniel 4:37. 2 Kings 17:39. Nahum 1:7. 1 Timothy 6:18-19. Psalm 9:7&8.
Psalm 34:18. Ezra 8:22. 2 Corinthians 1:3. Ezekiel 36:26. Matthew 7:24-25. Proverbs 28:21&27. 1 Peter 3.
1 John 3:16. Lamentations 3:25. Proverbs 10:27. Ephesians 6:13 Ezekiel 18:21-22. 2 Corinthians 10:5
Proverbs 15:29. Proverbs 18:12. 1 John 2:1-2. Ephesians 6:19. 2 Timothy 2:3-4. 1 Peter 4:14
Proverbs 23:12. Psalm 121:7-8. Ephesians 1:7. Deuteronomy 28:11-13. Romans 10:10. Romans 8:31
2 Peter 3:9. Isaiah 5:21. Proverbs 11:2. Matthews 5:16. Romans 12:14. James 1:8.
Psalm 58:11. Ezekiel 33:11-13. Hosea 14:9. Psalm 100:4. Romans 14:9. 2 Chronicles 32:8.
John 3:3-7. Philippians 2:11. Titus 2:11-14. Ephesians 4:2. Romans 11:33. Proverbs 12:1&26.
1 Timothy 1:15. Psalm 119:6. Proverbs 22:4. Psalm 46:1. Romans 12:17-21. 2 Chronicles 34&35.

#6 BufordT

BufordT

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

Rooting hard for Nick Foles, otherwise.... meh!

#7 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,990 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

Even though Foles beat the Bears, I am rooting for him to win. He is a great dude from all accounts, and I would love to see Foles continue to make the haters eat their words

#8 huskyhater75

huskyhater75

FF Geek

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

Pulling for Chargers, Rivers deserves a SB. From  NFC, Eagles.

It's far better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder than to open it and remove all doubt

#9 jrokh

jrokh

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Rams-Chiefs Redux for the 'Ship would certainly pique my interest

#10 ralphster

ralphster

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

Chargers or Saints
“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something” ~ D. Butkus

#11 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,516 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

:ninja:

#Royals

#12 jaxjag

jaxjag

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

Rams/Chiefs on paper makes the best game but I don't know if those teams will be peaking as they were earlier in the season.

To be honest, I think there are intriguing aspects to EVERY team still alive and expect we'll get a great game.  A Rams/Chiefs shoot-out?  Brees/Brady makes a great story line.  Andrew Luck comeback player of the year?  The Chargers win one?  Eagles/Foles repeat? The return of America's team?

OK, maybe not the Cowboys. :nono:

I had $6 in my pocket and a ticket for a cross country bus from Washington State. So, I bought two 6-packs of Olympia Beer and got on the bus. If some guy hadn't given me a Snickers Bar in Chicago... I wouldn't have made it.

#13 Smileseers

Smileseers

FF Geek

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

I think Phillip Rivers deserves a ring more than any player in the NFL so I am rooting for the Chargers all the way.

STEELERS

#14 Kopy

Kopy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

Colts- I like the job Frank Reich has done there.
Chargers - I'd like to see Rivers get a ring.
Saints - I like Payton as a coach, and both Brees & Thomas.
Eagles - I think it would be interesting as all hell, to see what the media and fans would say if Foles wins, and then Phily doesn't want to keep him. That would make for fun off season drama.
<p>......SEATTLE SEAHAWKS......      Future Dynasty

#15 nzoner

nzoner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:09 AM

"NOTHING MATTERS BUT THE WEEKEND,FROM A TUESDAY POINT OF VIEW."

#16 Jarvis Basnight

Jarvis Basnight

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:02 AM

Rooting for players on my NFL Playoff fantasy roster only.  Don't give a crap beyond that

Charles Woodson - Heisman Trophy+National Championship+DPOY+Super Bowl+Philanthropist=Winning at Life!

#17 Vern357

Vern357

FF Geek

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:42 PM

Chargers and Eagles.  Both because of the QB's :/

#18 RoadLizard

RoadLizard

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:46 AM

I cheer for whoever is playing new England. Everyone else I'm pretty indifferent towards. Cowboys and Eagles seem to have a high percentage of annoying fans, but I don't have much against the teams.

Yep - Im standing by my rule - if the Pats make the SB Im not watching it.  Especially if they "cheese" their way there via some flukey BS call or whatever nonsense.  No big deal, plenty of other things to do that day.  Then, if the Pats lose the SB Ill watch the highlights later that night or the next day.  All good.

Id like to see The Chargers and Saints play.  If not, The Chiefs and Eagles. 

#19 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,302 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

As a Steelers fan, the hole in my heart was partially filled with the Ravens going out last week.  The the remaining emptiness can only be nearly-filled (never completely filled) by a Patriots loss AND a Cowboys loss.  If pressed, my rooting order would be as follows:

1. Chargers - Rivers is overdue
  2. Saints - My favorite NFC team
  3. Colts - Luck's comeback is unbelievable
  4. Chiefs - Not ready to have Mahomes be annointed, but Reid might deserve one
  5. Rams - Meh
  6. Philly - Already lucked into one, history better not repeat.
  7. intentionally left blank
  8. intentionally left blank
  9. intentionally left blank
  10. intentionally left blank
  11. you get the picture...
  12. Cowboys or Pats

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#20 Fumbleweed

Fumbleweed

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,200 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:22 AM

Chiefs. 49 years since last Super Bowl. 

"Happiness begins when selfishness ends"- John Wooden

#21 RoadLizard

RoadLizard

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

As a Steelers fan, the hole in my heart was partially filled with the Ravens going out last week.  The the remaining emptiness can only be nearly-filled (never completely filled) by a Patriots loss AND a Cowboys loss.  If pressed, my rooting order would be as follows:

• Chargers - Rivers is overdue
  • Saints - My favorite NFC team
  • Colts - Luck's comeback is unbelievable
  • Chiefs - Not ready to have Mahomes be annointed, but Reid might deserve one
  • Rams - Meh
  • Philly - Already lucked into one, history better not repeat.
  • intentionally left blank
  • you get the picture...
  • Cowboys or Pats

How did Philly "luck" into that SB win last year?  What game did you watch?  They stuck it right in NE's ######.  They played to win and they won the game 100% on their own accord.  One could argue that NE lucked their way into their last 2 SB wins due to horrible play calling by their oppnents.  The pick at the 1 yard line against Seattle was gift-wrapped and quite lucky.  As for the Falcons game?  Behind every great comeback is an even greater collapse/choke.  A few first downs with some basic clock management and Atlanta wins that game.  Kind of lucky for NE...right? ;)

#22 AintNoStoppinMeNow

AintNoStoppinMeNow

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Colts: I'm just a huge fan of Luck and he helped me win two fantasy titles this season. So many doubters this year. I remember after Week 3 he was getting dropped like crazy and everyone claimed he had a noodle arm and his career would never be the same. Then he posted nearly 500 yards the following week and went on an insane run. Comeback player of the year for sure. Love his attitude, his style and his neckbeard. Other than Luck, I like the makeup of this team and coaching staff and would love to see them go on a run. 

Chiefs: Feel bad for the fans of KC and Andy Reid and if they get past the Colts I'll be pulling for them. They are fun to watch. 

Chargers: Rivers has had a stellar career and deserves a SB. 

Eagles: Not really pulling for them as they already had their moment last year but what a story (and controversy) it would be if Foles goes on yet another magical run.