Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Look-Alike Players 2013: Torrey Smith vs. Mike Wallace

18 members have voted

1. 1. Redraft: Torrey Smith or Mike Wallace?

• Torrey Smith
    • Mike Wallace

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board, every two days during the summer, I will try to post a thread that lists two players who are very close in value in redraft situations. Simply vote for the player you feel should be drafted first and then add comments about your selection if you would like.

This is non-PPR for Look-Alike matchups that involve RBs, WRs, or TEs. Just standard point for every 10 yards and 6 for TDs.

The third Look-Alike Matchup for this summer is: Torrey Smith vs. Mike Wallace

Results of other Matchups so far:

Stevan Ridley over DeMarco Murray, 19-5.

Larry Fitzgerald leads Roddy White, 10-9...

Obviously, they're both home run hitters. I'll give an easy edge to Mike Wallace. Miami has a couple of other decent WR's that defenses will have to pay attention to.

Other than Torrey Smith, the Baltimore WR corps consists of Jacoby Jones(who scares nobody), David Reed, Tandon Doss, Tommy Streeter, Deonte Thompson and Laquan Williams. Sheeesh!!

Too hard to trust Smith over Wallace right now. Wallace has been the better at the one trick than Smith...

While Wallace has the new team...Smith lost Boldin underneath.

Giving the nod to Wallace right now.

After last season, I'm starting to wonder if Mike Wallace without Bruce Arians is anything other than ordinary. His first three seasons in Pittsburgh, Wallace caught around 60% of his passes and never had a YPR under 16 yards. Then Arians takes his bombs-away offense to the Colts, and Wallace's YPR drops to 13 in Todd Haley's west coast offense. Now he's going to Mike Sherman's WCO and a 2nd year QB? Color me less than optimistic that he's any better a fit in that WCO than in 2012's. That said, he is the shiny new playmaker in town, and they might just feed him a career high in targets. If Brian Hartline got 131, I can see Wallace racking up 140. I'll say Wallace compiles 74 catches for 1036 yards and 6 TDs, justifying his ADP but not much more.

Smith's first two seasons were mirror images, and now he'll probably be asked to take on more than just the downfield routes that have given him 18 YPR. I don't know what to expect from him yet, but I'll guess a bit more diversity with Pitta, Dickson, and 1-2 of the other wideouts still taking up most of the possession stuff. More targets--120?--lower YPR--15ish--and more catches. 64 receptions, 992 yards, 8 TDs.

I guess that means I like Smith a little more, but if you couldn't tell, I'm not terribly excited about either guy and think both will be a little frustrating to own since they have so much potential. I'd much rather wait another few rounds and take Shorts, Josh Gordon, or Mike Williams, all of whom I think will put up similar numbers to Smith and Wallace at a lower cost.

I dont like tannehill as a qb at all which makes me lean toward smith.

The ravens look to have a tough sched this year which will make the road to wr glory a bit rocky for smith. Being the only real receiving threat is going to get him a lot of double teams on already good pass defenses. I wanted to draft torrey as a potential low tier 1 wr this year, but am just too afraid of the sched.

Wallace still hasnt produced like the elite wr we have been hoping for, and that was with roethlesburger as his qb. I really dont trust either but voted torrey.

I may change my mind to wallace for garbage time stats, which can sometimes be overlooked when prepping for a draft.

Do not trust Wallace at all.

Torrey Smith is a 3rd year guy who is now by far the #1 on his team and has a legit top QB. Wallace is the by far WR on Miami and has a let's wait n see QB. Baltimore has by far the better overall offense and even defense despite all the defections.

Wallace -- 55 - 900 - 5

T. Smith - 75 - 1150 - 8

Though I don't like either player all that much I'd gamble on Torrey far more readily than Wallace. After his debacle in PIT last year I won't have Wallace on a single team this year.

I guess that means I like Smith a little more, but if you couldn't tell, I'm not terribly excited about either guy and think both will be a little frustrating to own since they have so much potential. I'd much rather wait another few rounds and take Shorts, Josh Gordon, or Mike Williams, all of whom I think will put up similar numbers to Smith and Wallace at a lower cost.

I agree with this. I'll take Smith in this debate, but not by much and I'm kind of indifferent on both. I've got them very close in value (Smith #17 and Wallace #18 currently) but I think I'd rather have guys like Antonio Brown or Garcon who have similar ADPs.

Smith 62 1015 8 Td's 5 carries 35 yards = 156.5 in standard scoring

Wallace 63 935 7 td's 5 carries 45 yards = 139 in standard scoring

Smith