Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Moon Landing - Donald Trump WILL be our next President

Conspiracy theory here...

Any chance that Donald does something like dropping out of the race or refusing the nomination from the Rep party...saying, "Syke! I wasn't serious about running for President. I did this as an experiment to show how worthless and stupid politicians are."

I wouldn't put it past him, at this point. :lol:

A power hungry egomaniac refusing the most powerful title in the world.

Yeah, I don't see it.

I too think it will be Trump vs. Hillary in the General Election.

And, I think Trump will win. It will have NOTHING to do with policy. Trump will attack Hillary in a way that all these smarmy politicians are not used to - using words like liar, criminal, hack, traitor - he'll tell her to her face that "once I'm POTUS, I'm gonna' put you in jail" and he'll expand that to all the other politicians that are corrupt hacks.

And America will LOVE IT!

And once Hillary tries to match him and ramp up her rhetoric and venom, she'll come across even more unlikable. Game Over.

Disagree completely. I think Hillary will look like the adult in the room and voters will realize "holy fock, do we really want a petulant child in there?"

It's different in the primary because it's only republicans and generally pretty diehard republicans. I don't see his act playing well with independents and moderate democrats but I could be wrong. I was convinced his candidacy would implode before voting even started and that was wrong

It's such a shame that it has come to this. If the junk that came before now had just been decent there's no way we would be looking at any of these jokers as nominees. What's wrong with us?

Conspiracy theory here...

Any chance that Donald does something like dropping out of the race or refusing the nomination from the Rep party...saying, "Syke! I wasn't serious about running for President. I did this as an experiment to show how worthless and stupid politicians are."

I wouldn't put it past him, at this point. :lol:

That'd be a nightmare. People have invested so much hope in him.

Like when Hulk Hogan became a bad guy Hollywood Hogan and turned his back on all the little Hulkamaniacs out there. Or when Anakin Skywalker joining the Dark Side. Or when LeBron James went to Miami.

Disagree completely. I think Hillary will look like the adult in the room and voters will realize "holy fock, do we really want a petulant child in there?"

It's different in the primary because it's only republicans and generally pretty diehard republicans. I don't see his act playing well with independents and moderate democrats but I could be wrong. I was convinced his candidacy would implode before voting even started and that was wrong

agree to disagree then.

If the Republican MEN couldn't come across as "the adult" in the room, there's no way the dislikable Hillary can - I'm not being chauvinistic here when I say this - women who come out aggressive look bad... they're painted as b!tchy, catty, etc... Men who do it come out looking good, they are painted as strong, powerful, commanding, etc.

Hillary already has an image / likability problem. Once she gets in the Trump Trench, she's gonna' look even more unappealing.

And I don't hate Hillary - I think women make excellent leaders, and in many cases are better than men - but I think what I posted is the reality of it. She does not have any way to combat Trump's unorthodox political attacks and strategies - at least not from a "likability" standpoint.

agree to disagree then.

If the Republican MEN couldn't come across as "the adult" in the room, there's no way the dislikable Hillary can - I'm not being chauvinistic here when I say this - women who come out aggressive look bad... they're painted as b!tchy, catty, etc... Men who do it come out looking good, they are painted as strong, powerful, commanding, etc.

Hillary already has an image / likability problem. Once she gets in the Trump Trench, she's gonna' look even more unappealing.

And I don't hate Hillary - I think women make excellent leaders, and in many cases are better than men - but I think what I posted is the reality of it. She does not have any way to combat Trump's unorthodox political attacks and strategies - at least not from a "likability" standpoint.

She does have a likability problem and I don't like her myself. But standing next to Trump is only going to make her look better IMO

I just don't see any realistic way he's going to win. He will not get the women and minority voters he needs.

His results with Hispanics in Nevada is all smoke and mirrors. He got 47% of the Republican Latino vote. Less than 15% of Latinos in Nevada are registered republican, so in reality he has 6-7% of the Latino vote. Think of how that's going to play out in the general election, in other red/swing states with large Latino populations. Texas, Arizona, Florida, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas or Arizona turned blue tbh.

Then you add all the racist and sexist crap he says and does, and I just don't see him carrying all of those states in the south that he will need to win. It's going to be like when Obama inspired people to get out and vote in 2008, except Trump is going to inspire people to get out an vote against him.

He will get crushed by whatever democrat runs. Sorry repubtards, get used to it.

Dont dems come baked in with most of the electoral college votes anyway? Repubs need a pretty high rate of sing state conversion to even have a chance I saw somewhere.

I just don't see any realistic way he's going to win. He will not get the women and minority voters he needs.

His results with Hispanics in Nevada is all smoke and mirrors. He got 47% of the Republican Latino vote. Less than 15% of Latinos in Nevada are registered republican, so in reality he has 6-7% of the Latino vote. Think of how that's going to play out in the general election, in other red/swing states with large Latino populations. Texas, Arizona, Florida, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas or Arizona turned blue tbh.

Then you add all the racist and sexist crap he says and does, and I just don't see him carrying all of those states in the south that he will need to win. It's going to be like when Obama inspired people to get out and vote in 2008, except Trump is going to inspire people to get out an vote against him.

Nevada GOP Caucus

2012 - 33k people

2016 - 75k people

Trump turned out more voters for him than the entire turnout of 2012 which is highly impressive... I don't think he can win, but i think he can turn out voters

The media has the libs panties in such a twist over Trump's insults, they rarely give him an honest look. The reality is that he is a social moderate (perhaps on the left of middle) and an old school fiscal conservative. The candidate that everyone says they have been waiting for. Yes he is decidedly un-PC. It's the radical right that should be afraid of the guy, and they love him. Politics.

Nevada GOP Caucus

2012 - 33k people

2016 - 75k people

Trump turned out more voters for him than the entire turnout of 2012 which is highly impressive... I don't think he can win, but i think he can turn out voters

and - consider this: the VOTING Hispanics are the ones here LEGALLY(theoretically)... and do you know who I've found HATE Illegals more than old white guys? The people that slogged through that ass wipe system to get themselves here legally and now want to throw up at the thought of others jumping the line and getting freebies and amnesty for nothin'

:dunno: maybe?

The media has the libs panties in such a twist over Trump's insults, they rarely give him an honest look. The reality is that he is a social moderate (perhaps on the left of middle) and an old school fiscal conservative. The candidate that everyone says they have been waiting for. Yes he is decidedly un-PC. It's the radical right that should be afraid of the guy, and they love him. Politics.

Very good post. When you get past the glamour and glitz of his campaign, here's the root to why I think people are gravitating to him.

Think about the biggest weaknesses of the two parties - people hate the Republicans because of their social views. People hate the Democrats because of their fiscal views.

Trump might have landed on a sweet spot in the middle, which is increasing his appeal to Republicans that aren't as radical as the right on their social views, and also could increase his appeal to moderates that are hesitant to vote Democrat due to concerns about the alarming rise in the nation's debt and deficits.

I won't give my opinion here at this time but I have liberal democrat associates who like what Trump is saying about many issues. And I know independents are leaning his way.

Look out. It's a new day. People are sick of repubs vs dems getting nothing done inside the beltway.

Very good post. When you get past the glamour and glitz of his campaign, here's the root to why I think people are gravitating to him.

Think about the biggest weaknesses of the two parties - people hate the Republicans because of their social views. People hate the Democrats because of their fiscal views.

Trump might have landed on a sweet spot in the middle, which is increasing his appeal to Republicans that aren't as radical as the right on their social views, and also could increase his appeal to moderates that are hesitant to vote Democrat due to concerns about the alarming rise in the nation's debt and deficits.

You mean the alarming rise that occurred under the last republican president and which Obama has since ameliorated?

It's going to be hard to tell middle class voters that their situation has improved in the last 8 years. I guess those that stuck it out got their 401k money back, but that's about it. It works bringing that up for the opposition when it's true. And the DNC are in danger of seriously pissing off a lot of Sanders voters by going in the tank for Hillary with the hidden debates and super delegates. Some of them may decide to sit it out or go third party.

I'll be honest, I'm digging the Donald. Love watching him destroy his opponents like they were the three stooges. There's some truth to people saying America needs a fresh take on things. We need a non cookie cutter politician to shake things up and not get wrapped up in his one sided agendas.

You mean the alarming rise that occurred under the last republican president and which Obama has since ameliorated?

Republicans only talk about deficit reduction. Well not Kasich, who actually got it done. in fact the GOP is the most fiscally irresponsible. At least the Dems include funding mechanisms whenever they propose to pass out stupid government candy. The GOP wants to cut taxes... great... what spending did the GOP decrease when they cut taxes? What taxes did they raise when they went to war, went to a second war, instituted Medicare Part D, and created the Department of Homeland Security?

The Bushtards inherited a balanced budget, took full control of the presidency and both branches of Congress, and immediately scrapped PayGo and blew up the deficit. Meanwhile, the Dems instituted Obummercare and it's fully paid for, in fact it raises more money than it spends despite how awkward and cumbersome and stupidly it was designed. Obummer is no fiscal hawk, the deficit is still out of control and he when he accepted the vast majority of the Bush tax cuts, my head exploded as that loss of revenue may well be able to make up the difference or at least come close to cover much of the deficit.

Republicans only talk about deficit reduction. Well not Kasich, who actually got it done. in fact the GOP is the most fiscally irresponsible. At least the Dems include funding mechanisms whenever they propose to pass out stupid government candy. The GOP wants to cut taxes... great... what spending did the GOP decrease when they cut taxes? What taxes did they raise when they went to war, went to a second war, instituted Medicare Part D, and created the Department of Homeland Security?

The Bushtards inherited a balanced budget, took full control of the presidency and both branches of Congress, and immediately scrapped PayGo and blew up the deficit. Meanwhile, the Dems instituted Obummercare and it's fully paid for, in fact it raises more money than it spends despite how awkward and cumbersome and stupidly it was designed. Obummer is no fiscal hawk, the deficit is still out of control and he when he accepted the vast majority of the Bush tax cuts, my head exploded as that loss of revenue may well be able to make up the difference or at least come close to cover much of the deficit.

Trump says he wants to get rid of the EPA and the Dept of Education. I assume his simplified tax plan would also reduce or eliminate the IRS.

I believe Cruz also wants to eliminate the IRS with a flat tax plan as well.

Even if they could accomplish those pipe dreams, it's not enough to balance the budget.

Trump says he wants to get rid of the EPA and the Dept of Education. I assume his simplified tax plan would also reduce or eliminate the IRS.

I believe Cruz also wants to eliminate the IRS with a flat tax plan as well.

Even if they could accomplish those pipe dreams, it's not enough to balance the budget.

True, but it doesn't mean it's not a step in the right direction.

In order to balance the budget, we're going to need to address entitlements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget#/media/File:U.S._Total_Deficits_vs._National_Debt_Increases_2001-2010.png

Last I checked, Obama was president in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012...the four largest deficit years we've had in the past several decades.

He has since "ameliorated" it by bringing back down to the deficit level that we had under the last Republican president.

You may not agree with it, but this is the perception that many voters have about the Democrats' fiscal policy.

• Like 1

True, but it doesn't mean it's not a step in the right direction.

In order to balance the budget, we're going to need to address entitlements.

I agree we should abolish all the bloated, ineffective government agencies, but, what's realistic?

If you look at each agency individually, what are the chances any President could actually kill any of these within the next 4 years?

IRS?

EPA?

Dept. of Education?

What would the process look like? A slow scaling back of personnel? Close them down with one fell swoop?

On the surface, Education looks like it would be the easiest to eliminate. State and local school districts certainly don't need another layer of oversight, but what essential functions do the Feds perform that would have to be diverted to the states in order to keep the schools going without missing a beat?

I really don't know those answers, and neither does Trump.

All the talk about slimming down the federal government sounds great on the campaign trail, but can anybody actually do it?

Before 1913, federal spending was 2.5% of GDP. Today, it's 10x that amount.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget#/media/File:U.S._Total_Deficits_vs._National_Debt_Increases_2001-2010.png

Last I checked, Obama was president in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012...the four largest deficit years we've had in the past several decades.

He has since "ameliorated" it by bringing back down to the deficit level that we had under the last Republican president.

You may not agree with it, but this is the perception that many voters have about the Democrats' fiscal policy.

Last I checked our entire economic system almost collapsed in 2008. Yeah, it takes a while to bounce back from that :doh:

I've been trying to figure out who are all these Donald Trump supporters. Well this makes sense. Here's a peek:

Exit poll data from the South Carolina primary revealed that nearly half the Republicans who turned out on Saturday wanted undocumented immigrants to be deported immediately. Donald Trump won 47 percent of those voters.

Voters were asked if they favored temporarily barring Muslims who are not citizens from entering the United States, something Mr. Trump advocates, and 74 percent said they did. He won 41 percent of that group.

Mr. Trump, who handily won that South Carolina primary and all its delegates, is attracting Republican voters across demographic groups — conservatives, moderates, evangelicals and those who are not born-again Christians. In a sense, he is uniting parts of the party that have been on opposite sides of recent nomination battles.

A new set of public opinion survey results asking atypical but timely questions has shed some light on the Trump coalition. The results suggest how Mr. Trump has upended the contemporary divide in the party and built a significant part of his coalition of voters on people who are responsive to religious, social and racial intolerance.

Mr. Trump’s support among those who say they support a temporary ban on Muslim entry into the United States — a notion Mr. Trump first advanced in early December — is significant. He won more than twice as many supporters of the ban in South Carolina as any other candidate. Voters often echo the things candidates say on the campaign trail, so that level may not be revelatory.

Possibly more surprising are the attitudes of Mr. Trump’s supporters on things that he has not talked very much about on the campaign trail. He has said nothing about a ban on gays in the United States, the outcome of the Civil War or white supremacy. Yet on all of these topics, Mr. Trump’s supporters appear to stand out from the rest of Republican primary voters.

Data from Public Policy Polling show that a third of Mr. Trump’s backers in South Carolina support barring gays and lesbians from entering the country. This is nearly twice the support for this idea (17 percent) among Ted Cruz’s and Marco Rubio’s voters and nearly five times the support of John Kasich’s and Ben Carson’s supporters (7 percent).

It's actually starting to make sense now. A large sub set of people who were separated by other things are starting to unify.

What a total shitstorm this is gonna be.

I've been trying to figure out who are all these Donald Trump supporters. Well this makes sense. Here's a peek:

It's actually starting to make sense now. A large sub set of people who were separated by other things are starting to unify.

It truly is a collection of the absolute biggest morons in the country all supporting Trump. On a positive note, if you support Trump, you now definitively know that you're a moron. No more long nights wondering why your head hurts whenever you try to string together a cognitive thought.

It truly is a collection of the absolute biggest morons in the country all supporting Trump. On a positive note, if you support Trump, you now definitively know that you're a moron. No more long nights wondering why your head hurts whenever you try to string together a cognitive thought.

This is what is so great about FFT. Has anyone said they support this bozo?

According to the who are you voting for thread, only WhiteWonder. His first choice is Bloomberg, but he's not even in the race.

What's the alternative? A GOP puppet controlled by the banks?

I'm no fan of Trump, but I do support his continuing to destroy the GOP and possibly even the two party system.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I do support his continuing to destroy the GOP and possibly even the two party system.

I completely agree. Some dipstick running the secret behind the scenes agendas is what america doesnt want.

That would be great if he actually had some viable plans, and was able to control his temper, to project an at-least somewhat presidential demeanor. He is trying to be the face of the free world after all.

Maybe he does have some viable plans, and is just waiting to surprise us all. Who knows.

Exactly. And Hillary is under their spell as well.

That would be great if he actually had some viable plans, and was able to control his temper, to project an at-least somewhat presidential demeanor. He is trying to be the face of the free world after all.

Maybe he does have some viable plans, and is just waiting to surprise us all. Who knows.

I'm hoping for a Trump/Sanders showdown. I don't think I'd engage with anything else throughout the entire race.

If the public is willing to embrace another president with mob ties, sure.

The real anti establishment, Rand Paul was an option I supported. But people luv dem some Trump.

Kasich pisses off the GOP all the time. Amnesty, he told them to get over they marraige as the courts ruled. He's balanced a budget before. He stands out from the others.

People act like Trump doesn't deal and do business with Wall Street or other politicians. It's all he's ever done. :facepalm:

I just like watching The Donald slap guys around with his job creating. "Have you ever employed anyone illegal?" Trump: "Have you ever employed anyone, period?"

If the public is willing to embrace another president with mob ties, sure.

Everyone at the time thought Truman was a political lightweight in way over his head but in the end, he pulled it off, the mob past didn't hardly register, and he's been held in high regard by historians.

I'm hoping for a Trump/Sanders showdown. I don't think I'd engage with anything else throughout the entire race.

Me too. They're better than the other three in the top five. But even better, this will likely get Michael Bloomberg in the race and maybe we're not all doomed after all.

Me too. They're better than the other three in the top five. But even better, this will likely get Michael Bloomberg in the race and maybe we're not all doomed after all.

I guess I need to be sold on Bloomberg. My impressions are that he's an elitist without much regard for the poor. If that's the case, I doubt he'd do much about the wealth gap.