Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Great comments by Michael Che

https://thefederalist.com/2018/07/23/snl-writer-michael-che-criticizes-unfunny-comedy-culture/

Selected comments. Read the whole thing.

what the f-ck are we gonna do about all this anti-comedy comedy that these A students keep shoveling out? I mean what the f-ck is going on..? one or two, ok.. but theres like 3 of them now! and its becoming a g-dd-mn mild inconvenience. what the f-ck Netflix? give them n-ggas another section! call it standup tragedy.

--------------

Che references recent Netflix comedy specials that seem to favor political correctness over humor. Hannah Gadsbys recent stand-up special titled Nanette ditches jokes and instead talks about her life as a queer woman. She also discusses, in detail, being raped and sexually assaulted. Che seems to reference this in his next story, which says rape stories arent comedy.

--------

ya know some critics say rape jokes arent funny. but you know whats DEFINITELY not funny? rape stories. just flat out, fully detailed rape stories. I dunno about you, but that hasnt made me laugh once.

It's funny, Hannah gadsby is actually on Fallon tonight. Another one on Conan tonight as a repeat is Tig Notaro. Never heard Gatsby, but Tig Notaro is comedy to slash your wrists by. It's not comedy at all. First time I heard it was on NPR and I thought they're having a Telethon.

Another one that's gone right around the bend is Whitney Cummings. She used to be funny and kind of hot. Now she's just a lunatic. At least she admits it. She's on full on psycho watch. But maybe your stand-up routine isn't the best place to share that with the world?

Liberals are miserable people.

Maybe on this board everything's black hats and white hats, but I'm old enough to remember some pretty miserable son of bitches who wanted to label every song and movie and lost their absolute for nipplegate. And they were clearly in the James Dobson, Newt Gingrich , hypocritical fundamentalist evengelical Christian Camp. So I think it kind of runs the gamut.

Just glad to see Michael Che pick up the ball. Seems like all the other ones run away to their little podcasts and wine but never stand up for anything. Damn man, it's your profession that you're seeing go down the tubes. Maybe stand up and say something about it?

Maybe on this board everything's black hats and white hats, but I'm old enough to remember some pretty ###### miserable son of bitches who wanted to label every ###### song and movie and lost their absolute ###### for nipplegate. And they were clearly in the James Dobson, Newt Gingrich , hypocritical fundamentalist evengelical Christian Camp. So I think it kind of runs the gamut.

Long time ago. MAGA doesn't care about that stuff, just winning.

Just peeked in on her. She's this huge dude looking very large completely unfunny Australian bich.

I mean, if she's going to do any show, felons the right one. He fake laughs and sucks up to every guest. Hell he sucked up to Trump.

But wow. Unfunny, unattractive, uninteresting, unwatchable. Michael Che definitely nailed this one. I don't mean it that way.

when you look at all comedy on the left its all like this

every late night show, every stand up show

meanwhile, still love Jeselnick, Burr, Tosh, Dipaulo, Benjamin and their PC stuff

meanwhile, still love Jeselnick, Burr, Tosh, Dipaulo, Benjamin and their ###### PC stuff

Man, there's a lot of people who can only live in a 2 ring circus.

Makes gwb sound like aeschylus.

But yeah, I like jeselnick a lot.

Maybe on this board everything's black hats and white hats, but I'm old enough to remember some pretty ###### miserable son of bitches who wanted to label every ###### song

Tipper Gore?

I watched that Nanette show. The first 10 minutes or so were funny. Not great but watchable. The last 45 minutes werent comedy at all. Maybe that was her intent I dont know. I blame Netflix or whoever for mislabeling it stand up comedy when it really wasnt.

Tipper Gore?

1st person to ever leave money at a table after eating out?

The new Jim Jefferies is mostly funny. He is too political at times, but he's a funny mofo

• Like 1

It does make sense that comedians would join the struggle against the maoist left attempting to rise, they are easy targets for the totalitarian tilt of the social justice warriors.

It does make sense that comedians would join the struggle against the maoist left attempting to rise, they are easy targets for the totalitarian tilt of the social justice warriors.

Problem being most of them are poor and can';t pay to go to shows.

There is a YOOGE comeuppance coming for performers.

meanwhile, still love Jeselnick, Burr, Tosh, Dipaulo, Benjamin and their ###### PC stuff

Sebastian Maniscalo is fookin' hilarious too. One of the best, IMO.

The new Jim Jefferies is mostly funny. He is too political at times, but he's a funny mofo

I don't think Jeffries is funny at all. I can only stomach about 5 minutes of him before I need to switch the channel.