Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Tried and True life hack you use.

Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches

You suck banana boy. Now that song will be stuck in my head all weekend. :mad:

I wear my underwear outside my pants in public when I want to be left alone...works great!

I live in a sandy area and the mulching blades on my mower lifted and recirculated the sand causing my mower blades and deck to wear quickly.

Eventually the constant sand blasting eroded a hole through my deck causing clippings and debris to be blown into the belts and pullies.

Went with straight blades ( minus the lifting mulch foils) and doubled blade lifespan.

I just did this today and think it's a good idea. I recently bought an old copy of Microsoft Word and have been using it quite often. I discovered that once a file is saved I can simply search a keyword to find the original on my hard drive. I am organizing and putting some stuff away today and in the past, I will always forget in time where I put something so what I decided to do is create a document titled Where Is It? Everything I'm putting in boxes and away I am also typing where I put that box. Now when I want to find it in future I will simply search Where Is It? and voila.

• Like 1

Not being an idiot works pretty well.

Honestly, the next time you're at the grocery or liquor store and see if package of those little usually red disposable shot glasses for beer pong and whatever? Pick up a package.

They were honest to God the handiest things in the house. If you're doing a project and just need a half a dozen nails or screws around, if you're cooking and have a little bit of chopped onion or something, if you're cleaning your keyboard, there are just unlimited uses that you'll find. Pocket change, you name it, you'll find 100 uses for these things.

• Like 1

Honestly, the next time you're at the grocery or liquor store and see if package of those little usually red disposable shot glasses for beer pong and whatever? Pick up a package.

They were honest to God the handiest things in the house. If you're doing a project and just need a half a dozen nails or screws around, if you're cooking and have a little bit of chopped onion or something, if you're cleaning your keyboard, there are just unlimited uses that you'll find. Pocket change, you name it, you'll find 100 uses for these things.

I've been doing this for close to a year. I take it to the bank and deposit it into a savings account when it's full and then forget about it.

I have $2.65

just got a little magnetic phone holder for the car. less bulky than my last one that fit on the AC vent.

• Like 1

For pit stains in your work shirts, mix 1 part dish soap and 2 parts hydrogen peroxide. Then mix in some baking soda to make a slurry. scrub the mix with a brush onto the stain. Let sit for an hour or so, then wash the shirts. Works pretty well.

They make great codpieces :thumbsup:

I drink vodka out of them.

Am I wrong ?

Mine is simple. There isn't a better wallet / money clip than a good ole binder clip. I've been using the same one for 7 years. Can handle a big roll on down to my ID and a few bucks without worry.

Beat that.

I use those to keep the potato chip bag, Tostitos bag, and Cheetos bag closed tight to keep air out and keep the chips, & Cheetos fresh!

• Like 1

The other day we were driving and I was trying to watch the Redskins game on my phone. I put the phone on the dash for a second and it reflected in the windshield and everyone in the car could see it. It was pretty cool.

For pit stains in your work shirts, mix 1 part dish soap and 2 parts hydrogen peroxide. Then mix in some baking soda to make a slurry. scrub the mix with a brush onto the stain. Let sit for an hour or so, then wash the shirts. Works pretty well.

I will try that. My polo shirts have white deodorant stains in the pits.

Chopsticks work great for retrieving toast from the toaster.

The other day we were driving and I was trying to watch the Redskins game on my phone. I put the phone on the dash for a second and it reflected in the windshield and everyone in the car could see it. It was pretty cool.

Maybe, if you didn't have the Redskins on...

Maybe, if you didn't have the Redskins on...

I am sure it would work if you wanted to watch Star Wars for the 1st time.

I often use my daughter's hair scrunchies as cawck rings.

Do you have to fold it three times to get it to stay on?

• Like 1

I use a butter knife to stir my protein shakes. Protein sticks to a spoon too much.

Protein from your BFs jizz ???

Pretty simple one really. Most of you all probably do this in some sort of way already. Every so often call your cable/satellite provider and tell them your wife/girlfriend whatever has really been wanting to switch due to all the good offers from the mail. Think the representative you’re talking to then understands how important it is to keep them happy and will usually find some way to knock some off your bill for the next year or so. Makes them feel like they have some sort of more important mission because it’s not only about keeping u happy but also her. Reminds me I need to call and negotiate getting some free red zone due to the fact that i’m a “longtime loyal customer”. And always they ask if there’s anything else they could do. Ask if u qualify for any free ppv certificates. U can almost always get one

• Like 1

A while back I was cleaning out the center console of my truck and it was full of change. I wanted to keep the quarters but get rid of everything else. I cut the top section off a water bottle and then stuck it back into the rest of the bottle inverted like a funnel. Then I put handfuls of coins in and all the other coins fell through the opening into the bottom while the quarters stayed in the top part. :bandana:

Also plastic bottles make great funnels for oil and . :thumbsup:

• Like 1