Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Vaping and kids...

So..my 16 yr old daughter who normally has a good head on her shoulders decided to try vaping and weed unbeknownst to us.

Turns out there was a picture frlm a recent party online and the principal called my wife.

Fireworks ensued..

Then tossing her room like a prison contraband search we Found her vape and her juice for it.

Needless to say she is grounded and thankfully all her liquids were non nicotine...just fruity flavors.

Had the big talk...found out a few other things...she tried weed but it doesnt seem like she liked it, she passed her sports p test so she isnt a regular user lol.

She had a couple athlete girlfriends who we have known for years..she would spend alot of time hanging with them so we figured no big deal....learned that mistake. You just never know.

99% of the time we have the kids hang out here so we know whats going on. Kids probably sleep over my house 3-4 days a week...its a pain but we know whats going on.

Just felt like venting. I remember what I was like at 16.

Keep an eye out...Id never have thought she would go for that but..i think she was just trying to fit in.

She is one to always try different things...foods...hobbies...music...pottery...she is very eclectic.

2 more years and I can kick her out. Lol

My daughter turns 18 next month... Luckily I haven't had to go through anything like this with her and probably won't need to...

Damn man. Relax a bit. You turned her room out over a harmless thing like that? She's 16 not 6.

I remember being 16 too. And boy do I remember lying to my folks and telling them i tried booze and drugs and didn't really like them much too.

Don't be a schnook. YOUR KID LIKES POT! and probably drinking too. It's about being responsible while on them and not letting them destroy your life.

And any teenaged kid can pass a p test.

Didnt do drugs but did drink almost every weekend. Friday night after the football game especially after winning? Aw sh1t. Always had money that Friday night cause booster club members would come shake my hand and slip money into it saying good win tonight. Back in those days when you would get a case of bud light, a couple sparks, or some MD 2020.

My daughter turns 18 next month... Luckily I haven't had to go through anything like this with her and probably won't need to...

Are you gonna kill her?

Your right. She doesn't like pot but she loves crack. :bandana:

Didnt do drugs but did drink almost every weekend. Friday night after the football game especially after winning? Aw sh1t. Always had money that Friday night cause booster club members would come shake my hand and slip money into it saying good win tonight. Back in those days when you would get a case of bud light, a couple sparks, or some MD 2020.

man, you must have had a really great booster club. They even took care of the cheer squad?

I think the larger story here is your kid is so freaking stupid as to allow a picture to end up on Facebook? One, I didn't know kids use Facebook anymore. Two, I thought they were a shiitload smarter than that.

That is a conversation you need to be having.

Nation filled with narcs around here.

I think the larger story here is your kid is so freaking stupid as to allow a picture to end up on Facebook? One, I didn't know kids use Facebook anymore. Two, I thought they were a shiitload smarter than that.

That is a conversation you need to be having.

###### Nation filled with narcs around here.

Was snapchat or instagram. I have counseled them on their online presence since they signed up for webkinz lol.

She knows she was stupid.

I'd be more worried about the other things she's been sucking on.

AINT THAT THE TRUTH

Post #2 does require an answer :mad:

( . )( . )

( . )( . )

( . )( . )

( . )( . )

:dunno:

I remember being 16 too. And boy do I remember lying to my folks and telling them i tried booze and drugs and didn't really like them much too.

Don't be a schnook. YOUR KID LIKES POT! and probably drinking too. It's about being responsible while on them and not letting them destroy your life.

And any teenaged kid can pass a p test.

How?

:lol:

I'd be more worried about the other things she's been sucking on.

Yea vaping and weed would be the least of my worries

Found out my kid had been smoking since he was 12 when he was about 15. Never tossed his room though.

Find something, check on it. Talk to them. She's 16. Sure ground them or whatever you do to educate and rehab the issue but do you really think that will work for a 16 year old if you don't demonstrate why and what the dangers are.

If she had her own supply, she's past "trying them out". She's into it and her friends are too. Maybe and hopefully the school and you all finding out will scare her into stopping if she realizes that it could jeopardize her sports and future endeavors.

My son certainly scaled back some risky behavior when he was going for the Marines. Did he stop hanging with those friends that drank and smoked weed? Nope. He still had the occasion party beverage, I know. He stayed clear of the active smoking and stuck to his cigarettes at that point. Put the vape away for a while just because of the cross-risk.

Make sure you and your daughter are communicating is my point. She has to make these decisions herself. At 16, yes she "lives in your house" but they have nearly unlimited resources these days to get and do what they ultimately are part of.

where's tantastic to tell you that your kid is gonna do whatever she wants so you better just chill? maybe smoke some pot with her to show how to do it responsibly.

• Like 1

How do you have a new borderline believable story every single day?

How do you have a new borderline believable story every single day?

Because what I believed to be common isnt apparently common with some of you losers. Like having friends and going out on Friday nights after the football game to drink and hook up with girls

Because what I believed to be common isnt apparently common with some of you losers. Like having friends and going out on Friday nights after the football game to drink and hook up with girls

Why are you always so sensitive?

Why are you always so sensitive?

Says the guy whos always offended by things from someone elses life

Says the guy whos always offended by things from someone elses life

I was only asking a question. I take no offense on here. But then you get all whiny and I start to think you are a 13 year old girl posing as a 29 year old guy. It's an odd dynamic.

I was only asking a question. I take no offense on here. But then you get all whiny and I start to think you are a 13 year old girl posing as a 29 year old guy. It's an odd dynamic.

*asking a question* in a douche way. I give you the same level of respect. So you wanna be a douche with your question? Ill give you a douche answer

That part is more than likely embellished given your history but, that's not the part that anybody cares about.

It's almost as if you see something in a movie, think it's cool, and want to weave it into your personal life. Nobody is handing high school kids envelops of money after a football win. It simply doesn't happen. Do yourself a favor and quit with the bullsh!t stories.

HTH

• Like 1

*asking a question* in a douche way. I give you the same level of respect. So you wanna be a douche with your question? Ill give you a douche answer

So you are admitting to being a douche bag?

So you are admitting to being a douche bag?

I admit to mirroring what Im given. You wanna be a douche/ass then youre gonna get that type of response. Which lowers your respect cause youre only being a d1ck.

Now Im done with this. Wanna be a douche? Fine. Keep acting like one. Not gonna get your far in life

That part is more than likely embellished given your history but, that's not the part that anybody cares about.

It's almost as if you see something in a movie, think it's cool, and want to weave it into your personal life. Nobody is handing high school kids envelops of money after a football win. It simply doesn't happen. Do yourself a favor and quit with the bullsh!t stories.

HTH

I had booster moms stuffing 100s in my jock and cheerleaders sucking me off at halftime.

Plus, the chief of police lent me a squad car to use after every home game. Didnt even have to fill it up.

HTH

Oh shut the hell up. I know for a fact it happened cause it happened to me. Never said people were slipping me $100s but Ive had a $20 slipped into my hand on more than one occasion after a win. Just cause you didnt play football doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Jesus this is why I think you guys are losers cause you never even played the sport yet youre on a forum about it

Djgb, it might be better to tone down, you have been getting in these arguments a few times a week going back a month at least. Even when you were "at the beach" you were here much of the day in arguments.

Better to let stuff ride, not try to hard to impress people, and to actually ignore people rather than just say you are going to ignore them.

Thats cause losers tend to squawk a lot when they are jealous. And its mostly the same losers who squawk. Its exhausting. Its like you idiots never went to high school and played sports

Oh shut the hell up. I know for a fact it happened cause it happened to me. Never said people were slipping me $100s but Ive had a $20 slipped into my hand on more than one occasion after a win. Just cause you didnt play football doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Jesus this is why I think you guys are losers cause you never even played the sport yet youre on a forum about it

Meh, I tried...

Nobody is jealous of your fake internet persona. That's just silly.

Djgb, it might be better to tone down, you have been getting in these arguments a few times a week going back a month at least. Even when you were "at the beach" you were here much of the day in arguments.

Better to let stuff ride, not try to hard to impress people, and to actually ignore people rather than just say you are going to ignore them.

Ive tried to give him the same advice many times over the years but he just cant help himself.

Meh, I tried...

Nobody is jealous of your fake internet persona. That's just silly.

Nope. Just real life persona HTH

Seriously though, I didnt even post it to brag. But of course you idiots take it as bragging. Its like youre all liberals looking for something to get triggered by :doh: