Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

One off characters who became series regulars

God you're focking retarded.

Oh geez, I take one rare shot at you and you get defensive. The title implies characters that became recurring, not actors. The point of my post stands, lighten up.

Urkel wasn’t intended to be the focal point of family matters.

But he wasn't a one-off character. I was thinking Stefan Urquelle, his suave alter-ego created in a Nutty Professor-type experiment. Pretty sure that was just going to be one episode, but then they kept bringing him back, and by the end I believe he had somehow split off from Steve entirely, becoming his own separate human.

Also Disco Stu. Pretty sure he was created just for that one throw-away joke, but then he recurred.

Oh geez, I take one rare shot at you and you get defensive. The title implies characters that became recurring, not actors. The point of my post stands, lighten up.

💞💋🍆

But he wasn't a one-off character. I was thinking Stefan Urquelle, his suave alter-ego created in a Nutty Professor-type experiment. Pretty sure that was just going to be one episode, but then they kept bringing him back, and by the end I believe he had somehow split off from Steve entirely, becoming his own separate human.

Also Disco Stu. Pretty sure he was created just for that one throw-away joke, but then he recurred.

Steven Quincy Urkel is a fictional character on the ABC/CBS sitcom Family Matters who was portrayed by Jaleel White.[1] Originally slated to have been a one-time only character on the show, he soon became its most popular character and gradually became its protagonist.

Steven Quincy Urkel is a fictional character on the ABC/CBS sitcom Family Matters who was portrayed by Jaleel White.[1] Originally slated to have been a one-time only character on the show, he soon became its most popular character and gradually became its protagonist.

I stand corrected. :(

Hard to believe their wacky next-door neighbor could ever be a one-offer, but if that's what they thought. :dunno:

Holy crap you guys are morons.

The thread is about actors who played a character once on a given show, then came back on the same show as a different, recurring character.

This wouldn't happen if Edjr was here. Where the fock is that guy?

The thread is about actors who played a character once on a given show, then came back on the same show as a different, recurring character.

As usual, the Geek Club let us down....

... but not me, my example followed the rules :cheers:

• Like 1

I read that Jesse from Breaking Bad was suppose to get killed in one of the first few episodes of season 1 but decided against it.

I read that Jesse from Breaking Bad was suppose to get killed in one of the first few episodes of season 1 but decided against it.

You're gonna get yelled at.

Thank god too, that relationship was such a great part of the show.

As usual, the Geek Club let us down....

... but not me, my example followed the rules :cheers:

I believe mine did as well. :cheers:

• Like 1

Only two different clear examples. Couldn't get any more clear-cut than that. I actually literally almost put in no, not Mork. But then I figured people were smart enough to figure it out after two ###### examples.

God forbid you read more than five words.

You forgot to sign in as Peenie.

Upon further review. The thread title and the OP don't really say the same thing. Carry on.

Wiff in a nutshell...

To be fair, the thing people thought the thread was about is a more interesting topic than what it’s really about. There’s room for examples of both.

Upon further review. The thread title and the OP don't really say the same thing. Carry on.

God forbid you read more than five words. 😱

I bet you don't lather rinse or repeat because the bottle only says shampoo in the title.lol

Digby? :dunno:

Dennis Franz played Defective Sal Benedetto for 5 episodes on Hill Street Blues then a few years later came back as Lt. Norman Buntz, which was spun off to Beverly Hill Buntz. So there.

Dennis Franz played Defective Sal Benedetto for 5 episodes on Hill Street Blues then a few years later came back as Lt. Norman Buntz, which was spun off to Beverly Hill Buntz. So there.

Nice.

Did he play it on the moon?

Did he play it on the moon?

I don't click on your links. Dead kids isn't my thing, weirdo.

Now I get it. Digby started out as a paruchuting major doctor, but now he plays board retard/laughingstock. Good one.

• Like 1

This wouldn't happen if Edjr was here. Where the fock is that guy?

:wave:

S. Epatha Merkerson was on a season one episode of Law & Order playing a mother whose son was shot and killed in a drive by.She later returned in season 4 as Lt. Van Buren and played the role from 1993-2010

• Like 1

S. Epatha Merkerson was on a season one episode of Law & Order playing a mother whose son was shot and killed in a drive by.She later returned in season 4 as Lt. Van Buren and played the role from 1993-2010

Good call....... I'm an official/admitted Law & Order junkie.

Good call....... I'm an official/admitted Law & Order junkie.

Unrelated note, I still don't know how to pronounce CCH Pounder.

CCH is the name of the lawbooks in every company or firm I've ever worked at.

I mean honestly, what does the staff call her on set?

CC?

Same as the one above. "Hey S! lunchtime!"

Jerry Orbach’s Law & Order debut actually came in the form of defense attorney Frank Lehrman in 1991, during the show’s second season. A year later, Orbach was back in a more permanent fashion as the weary Briscoe, a role he played until his passing in 2004.

Unrelated note, I still don't know how to pronounce CCH Pounder.

Probably C.C.H. or Carol...

Probably C.C.H. or Carol...

No way. That biitch might get a cc from me. But not an additional h.

What's next?

"Wiff! I'd like you to meet our new secretary. Ampersand Pound Sign Umlaut."